nikki benish ?

Mantis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was wondering if she is still around. She was the nicest. When I was just starting out she couldn't be any more helpful. Just wondering if she is still playing.

Steve

(Sharkies in Anderson, SC.)

nikki_benish_1.jpg

Last edited:

Barbara

Wilson deleted my avatar
Silver Member
Mantis said:
I was wondering if she is still around. She was the nicest. When I was just starting out she couldn't be any more helpful. Just wondering if she is still playing.

Steve

nikki_benish_1.jpg

Nikki got married and had a baby and I think her last name is Hollingsworth or something to that effect. She did play in a Regional Tour in the South - SEAL/FL Spirit Tour, maybe?? And she's still kicking butt in pool after all these years!!

Barbara

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Barbara said:
Nikki got married and had a baby and I think her last name is Hollingsworth or something to that effect.

That's right, Barbara. I seem to recall that Nikki's living in South Carolina.

One of the more shocking moments I've ever had as a fan of pool was when I saw Nikki execute a jump shot with a full cue during the 1997 Brunswick New York Classic. I'd guess Nikki is about 4'8", so I was just amazed by it!

Craig Fales

Registered bubinga user
Silver Member
I always enjoyed watching her play...hopefully she gets back to playing.....:)
________

Last edited:
T

Timberly

sjm said:
That's right, Barbara. I seem to recall that Nikki's living in South Carolina.

One of the more shocking moments I've ever had as a fan of pool was when I saw Nikki execute a jump shot with a full cue during the 1997 Brunswick New York Classic. I'd guess Nikki is about 4'8", so I was just amazed by it!
Greenville, SC... she usually plays in the tournaments at Jimmy Hodges place... used to be Gametime/Riptide... it was just changed to sport something or another. I was surprised to not see her name on the list of players in the Viking event they just had there. I haven't been home since last christmas so I'm not sure what she's been up to or if she's still playing.

Her last name is Hollingsworth now and SJM, I would venture a guess that you're pretty close about her actual height. ;)

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mantis said:

Steve

nikki_benish_1.jpg

If I am not mistaken, there was an article on her in Billiard's Digest perhaps 5 years or so back. I believe she lost a sponsorship and was faced with the tough prospects of playing full time on the tour at her total cost and/or looking for another sponsor, so she decided to step back from playing on the tour full time and was going to play whenever she could and had no loss of love for the game. I'm not sure how that time frame fits in with her marriage and child as someone pointed out.

I enjoyed watching her play as well.
Kelly

Wally in Cincy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kelly_Guy said:
If I am not mistaken, there was an article on her in Billiard's Digest perhaps 5 years or so back.

There was another article about 2 or 3 years ago about her attempting a comeback. She played in at least a couple WPBA events and then seemed to drop out of sight again.

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
She is a sweetie. She is best friends with Kerry Hartsfield Impson and comes up here once in a while to visit.

Kerry Impson

Former player
Silver Member
Yes, Nikki lives in South Carolina, her name is now Hollingsworth, and she has a beautiful baby boy who's about one year old now! Here's a funny story.....She was up for a visit a couple of years ago, and we went to Harvey's to hit some balls. We played for a couple of hours, and as each moment passed she hit them better and better, finally putting a pretty good spanking on me. At one point a Southern player who knew Nikki from years ago approached me and said, "You know what? She sure reminds me of little Nikki Benish." I laughed so hard I almost split open! As sjm noted, Nikki is rather diminutive - her cue is taller than she is - and I found it pretty funny that someone could watch a player who looks exactly like Nikki, plays top-notch like Nikki, is practicing with a former WPBA pro - and not know it was Nikki. It just cracked me up! :p

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
Kerry Impson said:
Yes, Nikki lives in South Carolina, her name is now Hollingsworth, and she has a beautiful baby boy who's about one year old now! Here's a funny story.....She was up for a visit a couple of years ago, and we went to Harvey's to hit some balls. We played for a couple of hours, and as each moment passed she hit them better and better, finally putting a pretty good spanking on me. At one point a Southern player who knew Nikki from years ago approached me and said, "You know what? She sure reminds me of little Nikki Benish." I laughed so hard I almost split open! As sjm noted, Nikki is rather diminutive - her cue is taller than she is - and I found it pretty funny that someone could watch a player who looks exactly like Nikki, plays top-notch like Nikki, is practicing with a former WPBA pro - and not know it was Nikki. It just cracked me up! :p

Kerry,

Maybe the reason he didn't recognize her is because she lost all that weight, dyed her hair blonde and was up in Seattle, where he wouldn't expect to see her. I know I was amazed when I saw her again. She is just a beautiful lady...but I will never forget the profanities she emblazoned in my 'Show Me That Shot' book, after a pro match! ROFL :p

cyrex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Benish is Banished

Billiards Digest March 2002 I think is the article your referring to Kelly_guy.