Cue Ball Kelly

eyoresnorz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi there. I am trying to locate information on this man. I have recently come to own a cue that was allegedly his and would like to get some information on it. Is there anyone out there that knows where I might be able to contact him or a family member?

Thanks bunches!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
eyoresnorz said:
Hi there. I am trying to locate information on this man. I have recently come to own a cue that was allegedly his and would like to get some information on it. Is there anyone out there that knows where I might be able to contact him or a family member?

Thanks bunches!

Cue Ball Kelly is long gone. Maybe passed away 15-20 years ago and he was over 80 then. Terry! Where are you?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Cue Ball Kelly's last affiliation with pro pool, to my recollection, was as the head referee in the Professional Pool Players Association (PPPA) World 14.1 Championships, last contested in Philadelphia in 1986.

You might try to contact old members of the PPPA, such as Ray Martin, Allen Hopkins, or Pete Margo, all of whom served as officers of the PPPA. The PPPA Tournament director Charlie Ursitti is another guy you might try to contact.

eyoresnorz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One more reason...

...that I recommend to people to use this site. All of the members are so friendly and helpful! Thanks for the quick responses and information.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
kelly was the best ever at giving exhibitions with trick shots and entertainment until mike massey came along. he would also take the time to talk to the people and even show some of his stuff personally if you were interested.

tikkler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
amazing

kelly was an amazing guy. I saw him a few times at the Golden Cue in Queens and at our local pool room. The demonstrations were astonishing.

He did a bunch of trick shots, but that was just part of his routine. He would throw the balls all over the table and do all kinds of tricks using just his hands.

The one I remember the best was he stood back about 3-4 feet from the ball return side and had two balls in one hand. He would throw them out on the table, and each of the two would go opposite directions.....3 rails around the table and back into the corner pockets.....it was great

I feel very lucky to have been able to see him a few times, and he did take his time to shoot the bull with a bunch of 16 year olds.
Steve

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
Seek out Mike Zingale of Tallahssee, FL. You'll probably find him playing at Snookers and or Champions.

I believe they may have been related.

Rufus

SPF More than just Sun Screen

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
eyoresnorz said:

Thanks bunches!
I knew him a little. When you say you think he owned the cue are you referring to a cue with his name on it? For a short time just around the time he died someone was putting out a small line of cues with his name on them. The cue may be one of them. Can you post a picture.