young kids gambling

CHRIS_SPORT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm just wanting to see how ppl feel about this young kids gamblin. And being in place were its 21 and up?

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
If they are in a place for 21 and up? Somebody is breaking the law.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Not so bad in Oregon, but we have a junkyard dog of a liquor control agency. They even set up sting operations...send in 20 year olds, and if they are served, or sold booze..huge fines and loss of liquor license.

Gambling? The state here is hooked on gambling. State run video poker & slots...but they are located only in bars. I'm pretty sure underage kids "gamble" in under 21 pool facilities, and other places tho.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
a no-win deal

It is a no-win deal for adults gambling with children if they value other's opinion. You lose you don't get your money back, you take the kid's money and you are a sorry sack of poop.

No question that it is wrong for an adult to sucker a kid into gambling. On the other hand I have known underage hustlers by the dozen. I gambled regularly from a few days after I turned fifteen. I never asked for any quarter or gave any. The only people that thought it was wrong to gamble with a kid were the ones I clipped!

Hu

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is a no-win deal for adults gambling with children if they value other's opinion. You lose you don't get your money back, you take the kid's money and you are a sorry sack of poop.

No question that it is wrong for an adult to sucker a kid into gambling. ...
Hu
Hu hits home!

I have a general policy that one must be old enough to have a job to play me for $. Usually, I will tell them the above and if we have to play then we can play a 2figured set for the time.

m79a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not playing a kid under 16 for any money. There are couple who will come in where I usually play that are 16 or 17 and wanna play a set for 10. I know them and their fathers, who are gamblers. I don't go to them, they ask me.

Da Bank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
gambling is a horrible thing for a kid to get into in my opinion. They need to be at least 18 years old before they really get into it at halls, etc. Gambling with your buddies is not as big of a deal, but you start playing sets with people you barely know and only bad things can happen.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you guys grow up under rocks!!!! Kids have been gambling for eons. If they are in a bar, they need to be with a parent or guardian. If they ask to gamble, have em post like anybody else. Some kids have already learned the art of the air barrel.:frown:
It's kind of like playing a drunk guy, if they are going to lose their money, may as well be losing it to me. But, beware, some of these youngsters can shoot pretty good.

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
Austin Murphy doesn't gamble, but would you feel bad playing him if he did?
There's alot of kids out there trying to make it as poolplayers, and as much as I hate to see them gambling in a game they eventually can't win, it still does my heart good to see them on the table and forcing themselves to be better. Don't get me wrong, I've seen some kids that can destroy alot of adults out there, but still not sure about the rest of them....

Pro- glad to see their interest in pool
Con- Sad to see their interests in pool

KillerCane

Giggidy
Silver Member
i play with a 14 year old kid. kid has a ton of gamble. plays pretty sporty too. he gets just as much respect as anyone in there.

tom mcgonagle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The game is best played by people that learn it at a young age. The worst attraction they run into is the fast easy money they watch people making.

It's a catch 22!

I was lured, to the game, by the money I watched being thrown onto the table. The thing I was able to do was stay in my age group and play for chump change.

I've witnessed young kids playing for hundreds of dollars and their parents backing them up. This to me, borders on pit bulls having at it. It's insane.

Where do they go from there?

catpool9

"Rack Um"/ Rusty Lock
Silver Member
Kid's n Gambling

I'm just wanting to see how ppl feel about this young kids gamblin. And being in place were its 21 and up?

Well I personally don't see anything wrong with kids gambling, but young kid's going into an adult atmosphere is a no-no(bar-ect).

Although when I was growing up at around age 16, 30 or 40 yr. old guy's would take me out of town to play pool in in bars and night clubs, I would win 2 or 300 dollars and they would give me say $50 and I was happy, but that count and split thing changed by the time I was 17 or 18, I really didn't want a backer, nor need one, but having someone older with you was nice if something bad happened, seems like that kind of stuff was going on more back then than now.

I know at age 14 I had the whole 9th grade class flippin quarters (odd man out) before school, at dinner , and in PE classes.....hehe, it became a fad, and I was the cause of it.

I remember pitching quarters to the wall to see who could get the closet, I got good at that game, every one at the pool hall played that.

I learned to play poker at that age, could stack a deck good as any grown up if I wanted too, shoot dice, and my specialty shooting pool, I beat most all grown ups for 100 miles of home town.

I sold news papers for a short while when I was 14yr. , bought 20 of them for 5 cents apiece, sold them for a dime, made a $1.00 in about three hrs. , and all the while I was selling them, all I could think about was how much money I could have done won at the poolhall, maybe $5.00......

As I look back , kids can gamble, but really need to do it with mostly kids of the same age untill they get 18yrs. or so.

I do know I may have been an exception, but it did make me a good gambler of all games!

David Harcrow

Last edited: