Any Jerry -R- fans out there??

Rackattach

Banned
Got this Merry Widow. I made two old growth shafts for it. It plays lights out.

Every -R- cue I've hit plays very nicely.

IMG_0569.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Definitely a fan. Jerry finished my cue a few months ago and I love it! It looks stunning and hits solid!

35972615400_af0b3afca8_k.jpg

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jerry Rauenzahn..........One Of The Best & Nicest Cue-Makers Ever!

Jerry Rauenzahn is not only a tremendous cue-maker but he's also a great guy and close acquaintance.
Having him build me a couple of custom cues was just a incredibly enjoyable experience the entire time.
I'm not the best judge of these two customs since I designed them & Jerry bent over backwards to please.

Jerry enthusiastically accommodated making the cues exactly as I requested and went out of his way to
keep me apprised of the build the entire time from selection of wood to veneers gluing, the cutting of inlays,
and all the principal phases of the cue build. He's become a close friend & his cue-making skills will be missed.

For any curious minded players, both Jerry R. customs were intentionally built using identical pool cue specifications
18.5 ozs (14.5 oz butt & 12.85mm shafts), Cortland Linen #9, Flat Ivory 3/8x10, Ivory Ferrules, Kamui Clear Black (soft).
Jerry is a great craftsman; his demeanor distinguished him from most other cue-makers with the exception of Bob Owen.
Those two fellows are cut from the same cloth, both did business on a handshake basis and their word is as good as gold.

Matt B.

Attachments

• 2 Jerry R's.jpg
    2 Jerry R's.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 556
  • Jerry R. Cues.jpg
    Jerry R. Cues.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 554
  • Overview (2 -JR).jpg
    Overview (2 -JR).jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 549
Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Can someone define "old growth" for me? I didn't think vacuum-kiln drying existed when "old growth" lumber was harvested.

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bushka Tribute

Attachments

• JRBushkafull.jpg
    JRBushkafull.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 307
  • JRBushkaforearm.jpg
    JRBushkaforearm.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 305
  • JRBushkabutt.jpg
    JRBushkabutt.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 303
  • JRBushkapts.jpg
    JRBushkapts.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 307
  • JRBushkajy.jpg
    JRBushkajy.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 299

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Gus tribute

Attachments

• GusTribfull.jpg
    GusTribfull.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 297
  • GusTribforearm.jpg
    GusTribforearm.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 294
  • GusTribsleeve.jpg
    GusTribsleeve.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 288
  • GusTribsign.jpg
    GusTribsign.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 290
  • GusTrib joint2.jpg
    GusTrib joint2.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 294

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the compliment. Love my Jerry -R- cues and my Olney cues. Can't believe Jerry is done but, I hope he has a long healthy retirement.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jerry Rauenzahn Is A Terrific Cue-Maker.

Bob,

I just was chatting with Jerry yesterday. He's doing well and as always, we got around to chatting about cues.

Some time back, I tried to persuade Jerry to do something after he mentioned he was thinking about retiring

He's such a talented a cue-maker & so incredibly knowledgeable I dreaded the notion he might stop building cues.

Anyway, my idea was that Jerry would build 1, maybe 2, new custom cues of his own design every 12-15 months.

The cues would be Jerry Rauenzahn limited edition cues & the customer would have no input as to the cue design.

The cue could be an old school classic or one of his famous 360 designs or some combination but it is Jerry's design.

I also suggested any limited edition cue should only be available for sale to one of his prior custom cue customers.

I assured him that the first cue would be a definite hit and I'd certainly buy it as would many of his other customers.

I thought the cue should be as splendid as he could make it & therefore, the cue also deserved a top dollar price

Gosh, I hope he remains active and ultinately will decide to release a special custom design cue periodically.

Matt B.

p.s. Jerry, thanks for my cues........I'd sure like another one.