Meucci SE-9 F/S

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Price is somewhat flexible but to start somewhere . . .

Meucci SE-9 (19oz) in really excellent condition , just refinished by Ryan @ Ratcues and he did an exceptional job. Very straight and looks brand new.

Looking for offers.

For reference :

http://www.discountpoolcues.com/meuccise9cue.htm

MeucciSE9.JPG

Last edited:

skor

missing shots since 1995
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
This is my favorite Meucci cue.
I had the pleasure of shooting with this model (belonged to a friend) and it is simply amazing (with the pre-dotted shafts...)

couple of things that looks weird to me:
1. from your pictures it looks as if the finish is over the wrap like in the new Meucci cues while the original SE9 had exposed wrap. This could be just a camera issue.

2. If I remember correctly then Meucci SE cues were made in 500 copies and on the SE9 the number was on a "plate" like in the reference link you gave us while your cue is marked with the number 530 (over 500...) and there is no plate.

meuccise9butt.JPG

3. My friends SE9 came with 2 shafts, you only show one shaft, is there a second shaft?

Thanks for any clarifications I can get on these "issues" :)

nwtflogan

START EM YOUNG!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
verry good eyes!!!!! most of the cues came with the exposed wrap but there were quite a few with the finished over wrap as well throughout the se series of cues and back then a majority only came with one shaft and you had to pay extra for the other! as for the number plate! ive only seen meucci do that if its a prototype before the actual run ! inmho! but what do i know! lol!

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
skor said:
This is my favorite Meucci cue.
I had the pleasure of shooting with this model (belonged to a friend) and it is simply amazing (with the pre-dotted shafts...)

couple of things that looks weird to me:
1. from your pictures it looks as if the finish is over the wrap like in the new Meucci cues while the original SE9 had exposed wrap. This could be just a camera issue.

2. If I remember correctly then Meucci SE cues were made in 500 copies and on the SE9 the number was on a "plate" like in the reference link you gave us while your cue is marked with the number 530 (over 500...) and there is no plate.

meuccise9butt.JPG

3. My friends SE9 came with 2 shafts, you only show one shaft, is there a second shaft?

Thanks for any clarifications I can get on these "issues" :)

Every Meucci I've owned is/was cleared over the wrap. The cue in the reference picture is cleared over the wrap as well. Unless I'm misunderstanding 'exposed' I'm not sure what you mean. Cleared coated wraps are kinda a Meucci trademark pretty much.

As for the plate , I can't say. I did send a picture of this cue to Meucci back when I got it to try and find out the actual year of manufacture and the number in the run and the email I got back , which I still have , is that they can only narrow the year down with in a couple years and they were unsure of the actual number in the run. Apparently they had no problem with either the plate or the number on this cue. :) Perhaps the plate went on the first "xxx" number of cues , I can't say. Mine has the number engraved in the material/wood and is under the clear finish exactly like the name. Ryan , I'm sure , can vouch for that. This pictured cue may in reality have only a foil sticker or the like and they started actually engraving them later in the run. Who knows , Meucci doesn't seem to.

In my experence , the don't 'come' with 2 but you can get them with 2 if that makes sense. Either way , I only have the one. :)

Hope that helps some.

Jay. :thumbup:

Last edited:

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
From the site if it helps as well , I thought most were aware os this but perhaps not:

What type of wrap is on a Meucci cue?
Always authentic Irish Linen - NO EXCEPTIONS! We then usually coat the wrap with a polyeurathane high-gloss finish for two reasons: 1. So that the total butt has the same unbroken feel and texture when moving your grip hand to different positions. 2. More importantly, we coat the wrap because we think the design and asthetics of a cue are important to you. We are sure that you don't want all cues to have a blue chalk stained wrap after a very short time.
Meucci is the only cue maker, to our knowledge, that offers a solid black and a natural, solid cream colored wrap.

Particularly when you consider that we are the only cue maker that offers basic solid black and natural wraps which look much better with most butt designs that the speckled wraps (black / white spec, green / white spec, etc..) We decided to make this change more than 25 years ago because once cue makers started pressing wraps to get them smooth and flat, the Irish Linen wrap was no more functional as a sweat absorbing wrap, but was merely a traditional part of the design of the butt. Therefore, let's keep it clean and attractive. Just picture one of our cream wraps mixed with blue chalk - "ain't it purrrty!" Of course, because we are a custom cue maker, we do offer the standard pressed wrap with no finish as an option.

skor

missing shots since 1995
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
As I wrote before, I have had the pleasure of using this model in the past and actually I tried to sell that cue for my friend so I had it in possession for a while.

Old Meucci cues had an expose wrap - no coat or finish.

The "plate" is under the coat, I'm not sure what it was made of.

This cue also had another limited edition of 10 cues (from 1995) for commemorating the 20th U.S. Open 9 Ball Championship, cue made for promoter Barry Behrman, autographed on the shaft by Reed Pierce, winner of the 20th US Open 9 Ball Championship

meucci1735.jpg

As you can see there is a plate and the wrap is exposed.

Last edited:

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I can see that. Apparently there were quite some variance on how this cue was offered so I'm not quite sure what the concern is about this one. So far we are 2 to one with wraps.

As for 'Old' I suppose I have more of a problem with that term than anything else. Neither of these cues are "Old" Meuccis in my opinion. And I will most definetly argue the clear coated wrap opinion you seems to have as I have as the absolute fact is Meucci cleared over the vast majority of their cues from the 80's to date. I have probably 8-10 Meucci originals that are "old" meaning they are all dated in the 80's with the originals logo and they are all clear coated over the wrap. I have only seen a handful myself in person that were not. Meucci clearly states that they clear coat over all their wraps but offer the option to special order it un-coated. This is pretty much common knowledge to anyone who knows Meucci cues and is not a something they just started doing recently.

I guess I don't what else to say about it. I stated clearly the cue has been refinished , I have a mear starting price well below what is has been estimated at and am very open to offers , I have emails from Meucci directly commenting in this EXACT pictured cue in this exact configuratation and Meucci themselves state in the email that it 'could' be worth around $1000 and have no question about the number of it.

If you'd like to make an offer , please to do so considering what ever you want to believe about this cue. If you wish to believe I spent 1000's of dollars having some custom cue builder knock off a mid range SE Meucci cue so that I can sell it for a $800 but that I guess I'm at a loss for comment. It's just a Meucci cue here , not a Bushka , Szam , Palmer whatever I'm trying to pass off here. :confused:

skor

missing shots since 1995
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
RRfireblade said:
If you wish to believe I spent 1000's of dollars having some custom cue builder knock off a mid range SE Meucci cue so that I can sell it for a $800 but that I guess I'm at a loss for comment. It's just a Meucci cue here , not a Bushka , Szam , Palmer whatever I'm trying to pass off here. :confused:

No no no no, this is not my belief!!!
What it looks to me is that Meucci made more copies of this model, over the 500 that SE cues supposed to be limited to.
This is like having a cue maker build you a one of a kind and then decided to use your design for others...

I still loves this cue, it's the best looking Meucci and it hits great and that's coming from someone who's really not into Meucci cues...
I won't make an offer because I can't spend any money on cues right now and I will not give an offer that will disgrace myself or show disrespect to you and this cue!

Good luck with the sale and I hope this cue will find a good home.

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
skor said:
No no no no, this is not my belief!!!
What it looks to me is that Meucci made more copies of this model, over the 500 that SE cues supposed to be limited to.
This is like having a cue maker build you a one of a kind and then decided to use your design for others...

I still loves this cue, it's the best looking Meucci and it hits great and that's coming from someone who's really not into Meucci cues...
I won't make an offer because I can't spend any money on cues right now and I will not give an offer that will disgrace myself or show disrespect to you and this cue!

Good luck with the sale and I hope this cue will find a good home.

Ok , I'm sorry if I was starting to get defensive. I just didn't understand where you were going. It seemed like you thought I was trying to mislead or misrepresent. I take that very seriously.

I'm a pretty big Meucci fan/collector and my experience with them goes quite aways back. Honestly , SE cues are one of the bigger Meucci 'rubs' from way back in that very very few of them are really SE or limited in collector numbers. Most of the most truly collectable Meuccis IMO are non SE or LE models. I'm not sure if I've ever gotten a straight number from them on any SE/LE model. I guess that's why they never put 1 of XXX and only the production number.

This is just a great looking cue in really nice condition and is a great Meucci hitting cue in my opinion. It always gets looks at the pool room.If I had any personal attachment to it I would keep it but I'm trying to limit my collection to life long keepers.

Anywho , thanks for the bumps I guess. :grin-square:

Have a great day.

So . . . .. "OFFERS" ANYONE ! !

:grin:

powerlineman80

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They are about useless when it comes to ID'ing cues and giving help. My cue was a simple 2 point cue made around 94 and when I emailed them they seemed lost about it. It was my first cue and I will never sell it even thought it isnt worth much. I just bought a HP-3 back in December.

ratcues

No yodeling, please.
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
This cue is the real deal. Just because Bob said he would run 500 cues, doesn't mean he stops there. If there is a demand, he will run it.

Buy with confidence.