I need some advice on which table to buy.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just have a good local installer put the table together. The GC3 had already been worked on by Mark Gregory.

3000+500 shipping + 400 install.

You should be gtg at 4K.

New Diamond pro-am + cyclops = $5500 + shipping

But once, cry once.

I'm not aware of a good installer in my area. The only guy in my area that I would trust is no longer in this line of work due to injury.

flyvirginiaguy

Classic Cue Lover
Silver Member
I'm not aware of a good installer in my area. The only guy in my area that I would trust is no longer in this line of work due to injury.

I never look in my area for a table mechanic. The best ones usually travel a lot (not to say all do). Shane Johnson setup my table (his handle is "Cuephoric" on AZ). He is out of Texas but travels a lot so might check and see if he might be around your way soon. He moved my table from PA to VA on his way back to Texas. And he did so at a fair price.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=242543

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok guys. I just spoke to someone that has personal experience with the GC III.

Before telling me what he knew he ask that I give my word not to mention his name. I am a man of my word.

This is the main things I did not like about what he said:

The table plays like chit compared to other GC's that mark has done. He said that it is slow as hell. He also said their was a problem with the feather stripping.

He told me up front that he respected Mark and his work but I should stay away from this particular table as I would be buying the table based on Marks work in general and this table is not a good measure of his work. I do not know much about tables but the guy that I spoke to does and I will take his word.

Anyways, thanks for all the info and advice.

I am still on the lookout. So please PM me if you know of a table within a reasonable distance of my area.

I check my inbox every day or so.

Thanks........

Last edited:

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bite the bullet and get a new pro-am and not have to worry about anything. Brand new made in 2017.

A used table, unless you played plenty on it, you won't know what you will get. Then pay a table mechanic to rework everything with new felt, new cushion, and railwork. Thats what $1500+.

End up saving maybe a grand for a table thats 30yrs old.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bite the bullet and get a new pro-am and not have to worry about anything. Brand new made in 2017.

A used table, unless you played plenty on it, you won't know what you will get. Then pay a table mechanic to rework everything with new felt, new cushion, and railwork. Thats what $1500+.

End up saving maybe a grand for a table thats 30yrs old.

That is my plan.

I spoke to Aaron Berger with Diamond Billiards today and got a quote on $ and lead time. All I have to do now is get construction finished (walls, ceilings, floors...etc replaced/redone and wait on table to arrive. I'm hoping that RKC is the mech that brings it.

If all goes well I should have my order placed by the end of next week.