Jump Cue Reviews

Brickcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I made some like the Predator Air at one time to help with jumps on 9 ft table that are hard to reach. Then I realized that with the dart stroke you did not need the extra reach. I can still make a three part jump whatever size you want.

Medalist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I Bought a Bouska jumper a couple nights ago from Mike Massey after his great show at the Wynkoop in Denver. He was using it to do his cue in the boot trick, which he had no problem pulling off. This jumper should be illegal. It pops the cue up and over almost no matter where you hit the ball with very little effort. Mike says he shoots his boot shot at half the force with these. It weighs 14oz. This is a sick jump cue. I use a Jerico stinger but I may have to retire it now. 200 bucks. skierlawer had his wallet out but the cue was in my hands so I got it. Mike is a great showman and thanks to Mellissa Little house pro for putting the free show on.

Last edited:

Joe Bouska

Registered
Thanks for the in put on the jump cue. I am in Vegas right now. I am going to meet with Mike tomorrow to get him another jup cue. Joe Bouska

Luc Comtois

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Breaking and Jump cue

I am not very computer savy but I can emai or text pictures to people if needed. If you call me and I don't answer I may be at my parttime job and I will return your call. Thanks Joe Bouska

Hi Joe,

I tested one of your breaking cue last weekend, a friend of mine (Jeff Flemming from Brockville, ON, Canada) had one and I was impressed how this monster breaks.

Can you gave me the price of your Jump and Breaking cues, or even better how much for a set.

Tks.

Lucas
Lucas Cue Shop

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Jump cues

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but determining the accuracy of a jump cue can not really be made with 'rail' shots, or with the object ball within 8" of the pocket.

Put the object ball somewhere around the center of the table, and perform a jump shot where you have to cut the ball 30 degrees or so, and note how many times out of 10 that you make that shot, and how many times you hit the ball but do not make it. And how many times you fail to get over a ball, depending how close the cue ball is to the jumped ball.

I have only known one player, actually the father of a good friend and player, that could use the 'dart method' jump a half a table or more, and make balls with a resonable degree of accuracy. To me, the dart technique seems so foreign.

It is extremely difficult to tell if your technique is just not on, or whether the jump cue just doesn't perform right.

dannylee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but determining the accuracy of a jump cue can not really be made with 'rail' shots, or with the object ball within 8" of the pocket.

Put the object ball somewhere around the center of the table, and perform a jump shot where you have to cut the ball 30 degrees or so, and note how many times out of 10 that you make that shot, and how many times you hit the ball but do not make it. And how many times you fail to get over a ball, depending how close the cue ball is to the jumped ball.

I have only known one player, actually the father of a good friend and player, that could use the 'dart method' jump a half a table or more, and make balls with a resonable degree of accuracy. To me, the dart technique seems so foreign.

It is extremely difficult to tell if your technique is just not on, or whether the jump cue just doesn't perform right.

So true. If you ever get a chance try a James hanshew jump Cue. Not only is it easy as sin to jump a ball. It is very accurate and it is very easy to apply English if needed. Jump, follow, masse etc

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Jobba786

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Curtis Robertson jump cue with G-10 pin, and I think it jumps with ease and good accuracy.

-Jon Birger

mrgoodale7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My friend that i shoot with on my pool team has the Alex Brick Jump Break Cue. I must say if i had the 275.00 cash i would own one yesterday. They blow the rack apart and jumping long or short is so easy.
Another great thing is Alex stand behind his cues. Also his cues come with a white diamond tip.
I use to make a ball on the break 2 out of 10 racks. with this cue my friends let me use to break I make a ball on the break 9 out of 10.

Last edited: