I hate playing with a Girl

TheThaiger

Banned
Actually, it isn't a situation of being "politically correct," Tim. It's rather an issue of treating your fellow human beings (regardless of race or gender) fairly. I would think that latter part is TIMELESS.

Having the ability (or right) to say something, is different from the content itself. Sure, you can say anything you want. But whether you like it or not (and given other parameters, obviously), you *are* measured by what comes out of your mouth, or from your fingers on a keyboard. That has nothing to do with being "politically correct."

"Going against PC" is just your umbrella phrase -- an evasive one -- for you to hide behind.

-Sean

Do you think I'm 'evasive', or that I 'hide'? Really?

And if it is "timeless", why do you single someone out for being 'stuck in the 1950's'? I think you meant to say, but lacked the minerals, "everyone who lived before me was not as perfect as I am".

You are forcing your opinions onto people. It's the classic 'you are free to think what you like, as long as I like what you think'.

Why don't you start a PC thread in NPR, to save this thread?

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Do you think I'm 'evasive', or that I 'hide'? Really?

By using the "PC" accusation, yes, I do. You are hiding *behind* it.

And if it is "timeless", why do you single someone out for being 'stuck in the 1950's'? I think you meant to say, but lacked the minerals, "everyone who lived before me was not as perfect as I am".

Now here you are exaggerating. 1.) I didn't single you out, as you'll recall, I also responded to the OP. 2.) You go from me singling you out, to, using your words, "everyone who lived before me..." Quite a huge jump there, kiddo. A more apt and effective comparison would've been from you, to anyone who thinks like you do. Not "everyone."

And concerning "minerals," there you go thinking with that part of your body again.

You are forcing your opinions onto people. It's the classic 'you are free to think what you like, as long as I like what you think'.

No, we are in a debate. And it were you who started the authoritative stance on "women are lesser creatures than men." I simply responded, yes, in a matched authoritative way, disagreeing. You just don't like the fact that I'm disagreeing with you just as strongly as you believe what you do.

Why don't you start a PC thread in NPR, to save this thread?

There you go, stuck on the "PC" thing again. You're hopelessly spin-locked on accusing people who disagree with your "women are lesser creatures than men" stance as being "PC."

And concerning NPR, that is *your* home, not mine. I don't spend a wink of my time even going there, much less posting (this is a pool and billiards site, after all; I have no interest discussing non-pool items on a pool site). Odd that you brought NPR into this, unless you're an avid visitor.

Why don't YOU realize that we can simply agree to disagree? Yet, you keep replying to my posts, even ones not directed at you, and you get miffed because you are met with the same strong response that you hand me.

-Sean

Last edited:

Monstermash

Lock Ness Monster
Silver Member
"When" I played League, I used to Coach the "girls" up... playing a superior player...just put a little one pocket/straight pool break on him. Keep the cluster tight... It keeps you in the game longer and frustrating the Hell out of him when he knows he should whitewash ya. You might get lucky.

Really? I DARE someone to try that crap on me or any "good" player for that matter. Good players can break up the cluster and still hand you your arse. That may work on the mid level league players but if you're playing someone that has a clue, you might as well just concede the match and go home!

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Really? I DARE someone to try that crap on me or any "good" player for that matter. Good players can break up the cluster and still hand you your arse. That may work on the mid level league players but if you're playing someone that has a clue, you might as well just concede the match and go home!

I agree. When I was playing in a handicapped traveling league, some of the opposing teams' captains would advise their players to put a break on me like that, not realizing that one of my two favorite games is straight pool. Invariably, I would find some kind of dead combo-carom inside of the stack; or they'd leave me with an open shot on a single object ball with angle for the cue ball to go into the stack and I'd blast 'em wide open; or, I'd play a 14.1 safety right back at them. (Obviously, the aggressive moves would take the 8-ball into consideration, so as not to pocket it early.)

Needless to say, that tactic didn't last long.

And it doesn't have to involve 14.1 skills either; any good 8-baller worth his/her salt knows how to deal with a "safety" break like that. It's only the bangers that think this is an effective move.

-Sean

risky biz

Banned
Pangit, I'm starting to wonder why you play pool at all. Maybe you should take up something less challenging to your manhood like badminton or synchronized swimming.

If you think badminton isn't a tough, athletically demanding sport you don't know the first thing about badminton.