Earl Strickland vs Efren Reyes
a Challenge Match at Steinway Billiards

SteinwayPoster.png

Who will WIN?

Last edited:

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think each race will be close...around 4-5 games will separate the winner from loser.

One race will go hill hill. And I think they will split the money.:thumbup:

It will be a great exhibition by two champions.:clapping:

In the end, Earl will win by a slim margin.

Just wondering...where does the $9,000 come from? Do they bet with their own money or backers money?
I see a few sponsors but I wouldn't think they would come up with that much money.

What a bargain! $20 to watch for three days. Heck, I would pay $20 just to hear Earl talk for a few hours. He is just too funny!

Last edited:

macneilb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like Efren in the 8ball...but 9 ball and 10 ball I'm going to have to go with Earl :rolleyes:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ON TUESDAY!! Really? Just to make sure I can't drive to see it with my son.:(:eek::bash:

I heard about this match a while ago and was really looking forward to heading there to see it, never met Efren. Mid-week match means we can't go.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
AWESOME!

On a 10'er, I suspect Earl will be a pretty good favorite. I hadn't watched Efren lately, so this will be a treat.

Hats off to everyone involved in pulling this one off!

Culinarytracker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As much smack as Earl has talked about the 10 footer, I will be interested to see this. I agree that the break might give Earl an edge.

Unfortunately I have league on Tuesday, Wednesday AND Thursday. So the ppv probably won't work for me.

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wowser! I'll be there. Good excuse to visit my son and drag him over there.

I think Earl has to win the 9 & 10 ball, especially on the 10 footer, but the 8-ball is a toss up IMO.

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
Streamed by insidepool? Forget the match, who wants to bet on how many times Alvin tells us that they are "streaming LIVE"?

Over under is 100 spread between the 3 matches.

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for this

I haven't seen Efren play on a 10-footer, so I wonder if he will be comfortable on it.......However, I HAVE seen Earl beat SVB on a 10-footer, so I imagine Earl has the best of it........Who is older of the two? Seems like
Efren might be quite a bit older.....

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
I haven't seen Efren play on a 10-footer, so I wonder if he will be comfortable on it.......However, I HAVE seen Earl beat SVB on a 10-footer, so I imagine Earl has the best of it........Who is older of the two? Seems like
Efren might be quite a bit older.....

Efren is @ to turn 60 IIRC. Earl is a spry 52.

Chrippa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great news. Both are fantastic players and I hope we will see some amazing and fun pool. My guess is that Earl comes out on top though. But who knows, a lot of action between these two over the years and Efren has a great spirit and holds his temper like few so...:)