Kamui vs Moori tips what say you?

chimmy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interested in hearing what you guys think I currently use a Moori medium and Im buying a cue that has a Kamui tip from Japan how are they different and which is better quality

thanks

timmy

Karate

Do you expect me to post?
Silver Member
Almost no difference.

I have both, and I'd have to say they hit real similar.

I'm currently using the Kamui and I kind of favorite it right now.

I think you'll probably like it.

Karate-

StevenPWaldon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well it's been a while since I've used a Moori, but I did recently get a Kamui Medium hard put on my shaft.

I've used the Kamui for a few weeks now, and I really like it. Believe it or not, it's also not mushroomed one bit yet -- and I definitely recall Mooris in the past mushrooming after only a few days.

I'm definitely not going back to Mooris, and will probably stick with Kamuis for a while.

Tokyo-dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Simply put in my opinion: Mooris will play as good as a Kamui once you break them in with a couple 3-4 hour sessions. A Kamui to me feels good right from the start. If I were to put a Moori on, I'd be sure to hit balls with it for a couple of sessions before I'd jump into a serious playing situation. With a Kamui, I can slap one on in the parking lot of a club and walk in and enter a tournament without a worry.
dave

LPHooper03

Shape Shooter
Silver Member
Not sure about Kamui...But I definately like the Moori medium better than a Sniper Med-Soft that I was using.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Help! I've been reading too many "best tip" threads...I'm spending all my money on being sure I have the "tip of the day"...:rolleyes:

BlowFish

Pinoy D-Player
Silver Member
Simply put in my opinion: Mooris will play as good as a Kamui once you break them in with a couple 3-4 hour sessions. A Kamui to me feels good right from the start. If I were to put a Moori on, I'd be sure to hit balls with it for a couple of sessions before I'd jump into a serious playing situation. With a Kamui, I can slap one on in the parking lot of a club and walk in and enter a tournament without a worry.
dave

100% true for the current batch of tips from Medium down to Soft. For Hard Grade, it's the same, you don't need to break it in.

deano1772

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kamui soft all day long for me, the Moori tips are far to hard now..

Playing Cue: Wayne Holmes Custom
Break Cue: Wayne Holmes Custom
Cue Case: Joe Whitten Custom (Gator)

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Interested in hearing what you guys think I currently use a Moori medium and Im buying a cue that has a Kamui tip from Japan how are they different and which is better quality

thanks

timmy

Timmy, I would have to take the Moori hands down. I have played with both tips, and have also installed both tips on my Customers cues. I own and a pool hall, with a retail store, along with a cue repair section. I install more than 50 tips in any given month of year, and number of these are both Moori and Kamui tips.

First, there is no tip that compares to a Moori Tip in it's construction and how it machines. Moori tips are less likely to have delamination problems than any other tips made today, and this is do to how they are chemically treated, the layers are glued, and the layer thickness.

Kamui tips have twice the thickness of individual layers that Moori tips have, in fact just look at these tips side by side with a magnifying glass. In my opinion there is no major difference between Kamui Tips and most layered tips that cost far less.

The closest tip to a Moori Medium on the market today is the Wizard Medium in my opinion, and this is based upon the installation of hundreds of each of these tips.

I think in the end Timmy, when ever people use something to gage everything else by it obvious which tip sets the standard!!!!;)

Take care Timmy:smile:

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Timmy, I would have to take the Moori hands down. ...........................................................................................The closest tip to a Moori Medium on the market today is the Wizard Medium in my opinion, and this is based upon the installation of hundreds of each of these tips.

smile:

We're off to see the Wizard..................:dance::dance::dance:

td

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
timmy, i would have to take the moori hands down. I have played with both tips, and have also installed both tips on my customers cues. I own and a pool hall, with a retail store, along with a cue repair section. I install more than 50 tips in any given month of year, and number of these are both moori and kamui tips.

First, there is no tip that compares to a moori tip in it's construction and how it machines. Moori tips are less likely to have delamination problems than any other tips made today, and this is do to how they are chemically treated, the layers are glued, and the layer thickness.

Kamui tips have twice the thickness of individual layers that moori tips have, in fact just look at these tips side by side with a magnifying glass. In my opinion there is no major difference between kamui tips and most layered tips that cost far less.

The closest tip to a moori medium on the market today is the wizard medium in my opinion, and this is based upon the installation of hundreds of each of these tips.

I think in the end timmy, when ever people use something to gage everything else by it obvious which tip sets the standard!!!!;)

take care timmy:smile:

that is said about as perfectly as possible.

The kamui wouldn't be a bad tip, if they sold for a resonable amount. The tip is not worth what they sell for. The layers are thick, the lamination process is shotty, and half of the mediums that i've installed felt rubber during play, and delaminated during install.

The old moori tips are awesome, but the newer ones aren't as good. Not bad tips, and better than kamui, but still overpriced compared to the older ones, or the wizards.

The wizard tips have replaced the new mooris in my repair bin.

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
why compare the second and third place tips??? I say you use the best tip out there and call it good...the triangle

you must be one of the fortunate ones, that hasn't had to throw away entire boxes of triangle tips to find a good one.

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
Timmy, I would have to take the Moori hands down. I have played with both tips, and have also installed both tips on my Customers cues. I own and a pool hall, with a retail store, along with a cue repair section. I install more than 50 tips in any given month of year, and number of these are both Moori and Kamui tips.

First, there is no tip that compares to a Moori Tip in it's construction and how it machines. Moori tips are less likely to have delamination problems than any other tips made today, and this is do to how they are chemically treated, the layers are glued, and the layer thickness.

Kamui tips have twice the thickness of individual layers that Moori tips have, in fact just look at these tips side by side with a magnifying glass. In my opinion there is no major difference between Kamui Tips and most layered tips that cost far less.

The closest tip to a Moori Medium on the market today is the Wizard Medium in my opinion, and this is based upon the installation of hundreds of each of these tips.

I think in the end Timmy, when ever people use something to gage everything else by it obvious which tip sets the standard!!!!;)

Take care Timmy:smile:

I enjoyed your review of Kamui vs Moori, Rep for you on this one.

James

deano1772

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I must be one of the lucky ones as I've never had a problem with Kamui tips delaminating, been using them for around a year now and find them to be a far better all round tip than the moori....

whitewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used Moori tips for 8 years and liked them the best until I put on a Kamui. The Kamui tip is FAR superior mainly because it grips better, holds chalk MUCH better, and draws MUCH better. Capone put my tip on for me and he said that they were difficult to install at first. So if your Kamui is coming apart at the seams, maybe it is your installer.

muttley76

"Time to GET BUSY...."
Silver Member
Just my personal experience, but I found the Kamui to be far too soft for my tastes. I tried them on two of my cues, but the feel just isn't there. Moori all the way for me.

JimmyRayK

Gina collector
Silver Member
After 30 yrs. of play, Kamuii softs are my favorite of all time. Just my opinion. :smile:

JimmyK