Tournament Listing Tips......

Ricky F

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How difficult would it be to add a sort option to the tourney listings page that would sort tourneys within a certain distance from your zip code? It seems this would be fairly straight forward and it would be extremely helpful for all involved.

I agree and if I search it never seems to work for me? I would like them to add some forum threads by State so that when I look for a tournament I don't have to sift through tournaments in Illinois or California, etc. although I still do like that thread.

Would be nice to find some Sat afternoon tournaments in the DFW area?

CSykes24

www.coreysykes.com
Silver Member
Yeah, can we make a push for adding subsections for states? Or Regions, for that matter? Things aren't normally titled correctly, nor does it make it interesting to see tournaments in CA, WI, MO, MS, that I can't attend, being from the Mid-Atlantic. If we had like: West, Midwest, South, North, Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast.

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would be nice to find some Sat afternoon tournaments in the DFW area?

I think Witten's in Hurst is planning some tournaments. They've got four Gold Crown V tables that are in great shape and single shimmed. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sireadslot

I just don't get it! Put your location in the thread title people!!!! Really, what's so hard about that?

Maybe new threads need to go into a Que to be approved? I know it's more work for the moderators but it's a real drag sifting through the threads...

I'm in accord here..more details!

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm in accord here..more details!

How difficult would it be to have a tournament listing form that a potential organizer can fill out so the SUBJECT displays consistent and reliable info? A portal of sorts.

People make mistakes but man nothing irks me more than the rampant laissez-faire attitude when we point out the vague listings.

It's up to the forum owner to fix this, hopefully something is being cooked up by Mister Wilson and his elves? :):):)

Poolmouse

BRKNRUN

Showin some A$$
Silver Member
Bigtruck said:
THESE ARE A FEW THINGS THAT HAVE WORKED FOR ME.

Do a little research on events in your area. Try to co-ordinate schedules the best you can. ALL events can have more players if they are not stacked on top of each other.

The TITLE - DATE, EVENT TITLE, TOWN & STATE, ADDED MONEY IF IT'S 1,000+++
....................( if players have to scan through your entire thread to find out your event is in Alaska, fewer people will bother)

If you can paste or link a Map to where the pool Hall is, it's very helpful. ( Make sure the map is correct) (Thanks JoeyA )

All the details -. Posting a flyer is great, if your flyer is too big to post, either re-size it or include a link to the flyer or simply list some of the details.

Save some details for "bumping".

Dated Events - All of our events are dated. We all like to keep our event up front. Nothing worse than getting your event, that's scheduled for next weekend, trumped by an event that's not scheduled for another month or two.

a) Don't "bump" too soon - Get the thread bumping 7-14 days before the event. If you bump to soon the thread may fade when all points are addressed.
b) If you will present questions, the players will help you bump the thread.( I have found that if I see ALL the information right away, there's nothing to ask)
c) Use Information to "bump" - I know most events have many mentionable attributes that can be useful to someone considering your event. ie Hotels, Restaurants, action spots nearby etc.. "bumping" just by using the word "bump" doesn't generate interest in my opinion.

IF ANYONE HAS ANYTHING THAT WILL HELP US BENEFIT MORE FROM THIS PART OF THE FORUM, PLEASE SHARE WITH US.

Sincerely,

Ray

Posted from Azbilliards.com App for Android

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would it be possible to break down or label each thread as far as what part of the country your tournament is in? For instance, the state being posted first makes it easier to find local tourneys. I usually have to click on half of the posts just to find out where they're located. I know, I'm lazy, but I'm a pool player!

Best,
Mike

Patso44

Underdog
Silver Member
I always thought using the calendar would be a good idea. It is not being used now besides user bdays!

Patrick

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
I always thought using the calendar would be a good idea. It is not being used now besides user bdays!

Patrick

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

They do have a calendar for tournaments. I'm not sure how to get something listed there. There is no instructions anywhere that I have found.

Not sure why they don't put that same calendar in the Forum.

http://www.azbilliards.com/calendar/2013/#today

Brian_Laflamme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do I delete a thread that I created?

Somehow I ended up creating two threads, when I only wanted one. Is it possible to delete one? If so, how?

I searched, but was unable to find the answer. Any help would be appreciated.

Geraldo

Thank for tips..

w1.png

Brian_Laflamme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another question.

The thread I made disappeared and I am unsure why. I read the FAQ and the this entire thread, but still no idea why. If I am violating some rule, please let me know. If I am just an idiot and my thread has not vanished, please let me know that, instead. Same for if my thread did vanish, but I am still an idiot, because...

That is odd. I could get to the thread from my browser history, even though I could not see the thread previously. Must be losing my mind, sorry.

Last edited: