How much room do you need for a 9ft table?

pablocruz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree!! Smallest you would want to go is 14' x 18'
which works out to about 252 sq. ft.

JC

Coos Cues
The inside dimensions of the table playing surface are 50x100. You need to add double the length of your cue stick to that in order to have the very minimum size without needing a short stick to shoot off the rail. Most sticks are 58 inches so lets say you double that and you have 116 inches added to the playing surface. You will need 166 inches width and 216 inches length to have the very minimum size but this will leave you no room to back stroke off the rail without elevation if the cue ball is frozen and you are shooting straight across or down table. So if a long stroker likes to pull back 12 inches then you will need two more feet total length to really make the room comfortable to play in. This brings you to 190 inches wide and 240 inches long. Translate this to 15' 10" wide and 20' 0" long. This size will give you no obstructions. Any less than that down to the 166x216 inch minimum will cause some kind of adjustment of a shot at times. Having said that I have a nine foot table set up in a room that is exactly 14' wide (168") and there is rarely a problem but it does come up.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
I agree!! Smallest you would want to go is 14' x 18'
which works out to about 252 sq. ft.

Which is slightly less sq feet then 16x16, which would not work at all. Sq Feet is largely useless, you need to talk in length x width to actually get something meaningful.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
what about an 10ft table? or Billiard table or Snooker table?

Basically a cue is 58 inches, that is about 5 feet. You need that 5 feet on every side of the pool table to be able to stroke a ball on the rail. So add 10 feet to the length and 10 feet to the width, that is the dimensions your room needs to be to fit the pool table, and allow people to shoot on it.

Your table is 5x10, you need a 15x20 room at the least, your table is a 6x12 snooker table, You need 16x22 as a minimum, and so on.

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
Basically a cue is 58 inches, that is about 5 feet. You need that 5 feet on every side of the pool table to be able to stroke a ball on the rail. So add 10 feet to the length and 10 feet to the width, that is the dimensions your room needs to be to fit the pool table, and allow people to shoot on it.

Your table is 5x10, you need a 15x20 room at the least, your table is a 6x12 snooker table, You need 16x22 as a minimum, and so on.

A best answer that always works.....................measure the table and add 10 ft each way....................

Kim

pablocruz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which is slightly less sq feet then 16x16, which would not work at all. Sq Feet is largely useless, you need to talk in length x width to actually get something meaningful.

It most certainly would work, in my configuration!!
You're 16x16 wouldn't work for sure!!