Bob Byrne Estate Sale

nkvilliecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For better or for worse i am in charge of selling Bob Byrne's book collection, which he bequeathed to the United States Billiard Association, for the benefit of 3 cushion billiards. The USBA has put me in charge of this sale. I am in the process of cataloguing this material which includes the original typewritten manuscripts for McGoorty, his book on trick shots and his Standard Book Of Billiards and Pool.

[If you have any interest in this material please contact me by e mail or phone ONLY and i will send you a list of the materials I have catalogued so far. The list is too extensive to post on this forum. PMing me on AZ or Facebook will not get you a reply. Sorry but e mail or a phone call is the only way.

All money realized from the sale of these books, manuscripts, VHS tapes, DVDs will go to the USBA to promote 3 cushion billiards and none will accrue to myself.

Last edited:

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I wish you the best in this project. Bob was a special person in the billiard world and it was generous of his wife to donate it to the USBA and generous of you to catalog everything and do the work to sell it all. You are the best.

I hope it's a great success. Wow, the original manuscript for McGoorty...awesome!

Dave

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
How $$$ for the original and what can we do to preserve it? Serious question and you can pm me a #$$$
Jason

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For better or for worse i am in charge of selling Bob Byrne's book collection, which he bequeathed to the United States Billiard Association, for the benefit of 3 cushion billiards. The USBA has put me in charge of this sale. I am in the process of cataloguing this material.....

Do you have a time frame when the cataloging of Mr. Byrne's estate collection will be available to look over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is so cool of Dennis to do this for Bob and the USBA, Thanks you my friend.

I suggest anyone interested in a piece of billiard history to contact Dennis to get on the list. I think everything will become clear in the coming month or so.

Dave

We should all do our part in keeping this thread on the first page.

billiardcue

11th Commandment
Silver Member
The collection is extensive.
I was at Dennis' home and saw the collection.
Dennis has his work cut out for him.
Good luck with the sale.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it going to be in Dubuque?...or online?

Jeff Livingston

Jeff,
Everything has been sent to Dennis except for some books that Bob wrote. Mrs Byrne forgot to pull them off Bob's office shelf on my first trip to Dubuque to pick up everything.

The books will be shipped to buyers directly from my place, rather than send them to Dennis for him to deal with. He has enough to keep him busy.

Thank you Dennis to taking on 99.999% of this job!! And thanks to Jamison Transit Service for the safe delivery.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Jeff,
Everything has been sent to Dennis except for some books that Bob wrote. Mrs Byrne forgot to pull them off Bob's office shelf on my first trip to Dubuque to pick up everything.

The books will be shipped to buyers directly from my place, rather than send them to Dennis for him to deal with. He has enough to keep him busy.

Thank you Dennis to taking on 99.999% of this job!! And thanks to Jamison Transit Service for the safe delivery.

Thanks to you and definitely to Dennis, too. It's a very tough job doing such sales.

Good thing, too, as I asked the bus driver, "Does this bus go to Dubuque?" He said, "No, it goes toot da toot.":thumbup:

Good luck,

Jeff Livingston

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi boys and girls. Just bumping up this worthy cause and the chance to own a piece of billiard history.

Thanks again, Dennis!

Dave

nkvilliecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi boys and girls. Just bumping up this worthy cause and the chance to own a piece of billiard history.

Thanks again, Dennis!

Dave

FINALLY GOT EVERYTHING [more or lees] CATALOGUED except his letters and private correspondence which may take forever.

Have four tapes from SL 1996 where you are commentator with BB but unfortunately no longer have a VHS player to play them on......LOL

Just sent out an e mail blast to over 50 people expressed interest but most of them are older than me [if you can believe that !!], tell me the market if in the crapper and more interested in selling than buying.......so WTF

Cheerzzzzzzz

dddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

nkvilliecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BOB BYRNE ESTATE AUCTION

This auction will be a little weird in that the auction will last until the last item is sold or until I am gone at which point anything left will help fire my funeral pyre.

Basically when an item receives the first bid on it, the auction on this item will last for a fortnight [that is two weeks] and the high bidder at that time will take the prize. HOWEVER, if some one comes in at the last minute on any given item I reserve the right to extend the auction for 48 hours to give the previous bidders a chance to respond; NO NEW BIDDER WILL BE LET IN. This will not be done by e mail but over the phone to expedite matters, so make sure I have your number.

ITEMS BID ON SO FAR

THE CARL CONLON WORLD CUP PROGRAMS, autographed by BB and RC from my collection not BB’s. $200 bid tendered by DR at 2025 EST 21 May 2017. Auction over on this item at that time 4 JUN next under the terms specified above.

BROTHE work bid of $350 tendered by TW at 1300 EST 20 May 2017. Auction over on this item at that time 3 JUN next under the terms specified above.

TUZEL work bid of $225 tendered by TW at 1300 EST 20 May 2017. Auction over on this item at that time 3 JUN next under the terms specified above.

JC

Coos Cues
In the preface of Mcgoorty Byrne mentions a letter he received from Willy Mosconi commenting on the book.

Do you have this letter?

JC

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
For better or for worse i am in charge of selling Bob Byrne's book collection, which he bequeathed to the United States Billiard Association, for the benefit of 3 cushion billiards. The USBA has put me in charge of this sale. I am in the process of cataloguing this material which includes the original typewritten manuscripts for McGoorty, his book on trick shots and his Standard Book Of Billiards and Pool.

[If you have any interest in this material please contact me by e mail or phone ONLY and i will send you a list of the materials I have catalogued so far. The list is too extensive to post on this forum. PMing me on AZ or Facebook will not get you a reply. Sorry but e mail or a phone call is the only way.

All money realized from the sale of these books, manuscripts, VHS tapes, DVDs will go to the USBA to promote 3 cushion billiards and none will accrue to myself.

A phone number and email in this post would go a long way :D