Shurtz Cues

Hustler84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was wondering if anybody here has ever played with a Shurtz custom cue, and how they play? I was looking at the website, and I really like the cues I have seen. I would like to get a new custom cue made, but I would like to know how they play. If anybody has any input about these cues, it would greatly appreciated! Thank you and stroke it, don't poke it!;)

ssnow327

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shurtz cue

They are solid hitters and give great feedbackl. I play with one everyday and I love it.

ssnow327

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shurtz cue

They are solid hitters with great feedbackl. I play with one everyday and I love it.

jed1894

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have one and love it. Like the other's said, it's a good, solid cue. I got my first one in 2006 and plan to get another one this X-mas. My cue has held together with absolutely no problems. It's been so long since I talked to him, but I think Bob Owen (Gabe's father) is the owner and maker. Heck of a nice guy....and will talk all you want on the telephone about pool.

jed

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've held them in my hand and I can say they are well constucted with excellent attention to detail. Bob has shown some of his newer cue designs here at AZB and they draw nothing but praise. I also think you get a lot of cue for your money with a Shurtz cue. It is a real plus that Bob is also a highly skilled player and knows what good cue should play like.

Martin

I was wondering if anybody here has ever played with a Shurtz custom cue, and how they play? I was looking at the website, and I really like the cues I have seen. I would like to get a new custom cue made, but I would like to know how they play. If anybody has any input about these cues, it would greatly appreciated! Thank you and stroke it, don't poke it!;)

Rip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I own and have owned many (too many) cues from most of the known cue makers. I just picked up this Bob Owen cue and it is a monster and is my current player. Besides building nice hitting cues, Bob seems like a heck of nice guy...and his son hits em' pretty sporty too.;)

Last edited:

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
Met Bob a few years ago at the Derby. Super nice guy. Builds great cues at a reasonable price. I like his cored cues.