What is the most expensive pool cue brand, cases and your most favourite?

timothysoong

TS Billiards
Gold Member
Silver Member
What Pool Cue Brand do you think has the most expensive cues?

What Pool Cue Cases do you think has the most expensive cases?

Which Pool Cue and Pool Cases brand is your favourite and why?

--------

Thanks!

skor

missing shots since 1995
Silver Member

--------

Thanks!

If you include custom cues and cases then the sky is the limit...

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
If your talking production cues I'd say Schon and Predator have the most expensive cues.

I would probably say that whitten has the most expensive cases but I could be wrong....they aint cheap by any means.

Favorite production cue? Old Schon, Huebler
Case= whitten

I like the schons/hueblers and whitten cases b/c of the consistency of quality.

But I do not play with either cue, nor do I have a case at the moment (my old case was stolen along with some custom cues)

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
If you include custom cues and cases then the sky is the limit...

Exactly, when it comes to custom made cues and cases you can pretty much spend as much as you want.

Murnak, JB, Justis, Whitten, any of these guys could help a guy spend $5000 on a case if the person insisted on doing so.

Want to spend 10k+ on a pool cue? Any cue maker can reach that mark with relative ease when they start getting into a serious number of inlays, gold ringwork, pink ivory wood or rare burls, ect...

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
there are cues out there that bring over $100,000 with just a few phone calls.

Cases probably $5,000 is the highest. Mike Massey has a case made of wood thats carved into the shape of a shark-i think it was around $7,000.

Prices are only what people will pay, It has nothing to do with how good the cue plays, or looks. Its a supply and demand situation at the top.

softshot

Simplify
Silver Member

--------

Thanks!

my question would be ... why is the $$$$ relevant???

I heard a custom from the maker Rambow or Ballabuska

had a price of $20-$50..

any surviving cues by those makers in nice shape command up to 6 figures

on the other hand you could land a FANTASTIC playing production cue right off the shelf today for $200- $500...

do you want to play pool with it???

or do you want to show it off to your friends??? and never even chalk the thing...

people buy cues for lots of reasons..

I have about $800 total invested in my McDermott cue

and my action case was like $40 but I'm looking to upgrade

Last edited:

onepocketron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agree with all the above. The sky is the limit with custom cues. One of the local cue makers here had one for around 7K that had 18 carat gold, diamonds and ruby stones with a ton of ivory in the cue. It was beautiful, was only made for one of his collector clients, and will probably never see chalk on the tip, much less be used to play. What a waste of a beautiful cue.

timothysoong

TS Billiards
Gold Member
Silver Member
I know that price doesn't matter, its all up to your own personality. I just want to know non-other than custom made ones, which brand actually has the most expensive and is the top rated brand. But well I myself are using custom made ones, just wanted to ask, the top rated brands. =P

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
top rated "BRANDS" =

NIKE
Microsoft
Coca-Cola
Phillip Morris
John Deere
Kraft/Nabisco
Hershey
Kohler
Ford
GE
Intel
Levi-Strauss
Caterpillar
McDonalds
etc. etc. etc.

to name a few top American brands, though some may not be doing so well at the moment. They all offer things "more affordable, and higher end stuff".
As far as cues go - brandwise....again, US - Viking, Meucci, Joss, McDermott, Pechauer, Jacoby, Schon (and more, I'm sure)...all would likely make you a cue that costs as much as you want. $1K - no problem, $2K - sure, $10K+ - they'll throw in the kitchen sink. What are you looking to learn in this post? Everyone has a different idea of which cue plays better than the other..... Best? Depends on who answers. :cool:

Last edited:

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
Most Expensive Brand: Black Boar
Favorite cue: Black Boar
Case: Custom. Lots of folks (brands) can make you one for as much as you want to pay.
Favorite case: old Jay Flowers originals.

:p

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
McDermott, Viking, and Joss all make very fine cues and are probably at the top of the production cue brands. Their starter cues are in the 100 to 200 range. Their highest end cues can be close to 2000. They are made in the USA. They make a very high quality product. They stand behind their product.

Of the 3, I believe the McDermott designs on their high ends are the fanciest and best looking.

Shaft wise, McDermott offers the Intimidator (also knows as I-Series) shafts. These shaft are low deflection, like Predator shafts, and play very well, if you prefer low deflection cues.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Are you wanting to say that you've paid more for a case with cues than anybody? If so, contact me by personal message...I'd be happy to grant your wish.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Give the guy a break,he just asked a question.What is the most expensive cue?

My guess is Black Boar,they regularly sell for $20,000

Which case is the most expensive? I have heard Jack Justice cases sell for $3000

Which is my favorite and why?--there are several that are my favorites,and I can not say which one. I could put 10 names here,but someone else might put a different 10.
Not only that but to make it complicated these are my best friends,and I would not want to say

Which case is the best in my opinion? I am a cowboy type so I am going to say Rusty Melton hand tooled cases

you didn't ask for top 3,but I would say Ron Thomas and Hunters',Steve Feld does a western style that is as nice as any

To hedge further,Sterling cases makes a $110 4x8 case,that serves the purpose,and I like it too,purely functional. in my opinion.
This is the best buy for function only and price

Why? All 3 of these are beautiful cases,that are more than just a place to put the cue

Last edited:

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
Most expensive cues as far as starting price would probably be a new Black Boar.

Most expensive case was probably a Chas Clements but since they are no longer available I would have to go with a Jack Justis.

My favorite cue is a Ginacue.. which is all I'll ever probably play with.

My favorite case of all time is a standard Whitten 3X6 in black lizard with the top handle (not the lite version).

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Black Boars now start at $30,000 for the real intricate one like Tikkler has, one like mine would be over $20,000 now days, they have to be, he has a big nut on his shop every month and building 6-8 cues/yr dosent leave alot left. He is focusing on fancier cues these days, its a shame that they all sit and get dusty-If I had a $30,000 Boar I'd play with it daily. They do play great,

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eric...I think you may be high on Massey's wood case. Jerry Briesath also has one of the shark cases (made by the same guy as Massey's), and he told me the value of it was only $1200...still not chickenfeed for a case!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Cases probably $5,000 is the highest. Mike Massey has a case made of wood thats carved into the shape of a shark-i think it was around $7,000.