What do you think Tush Hog means?

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Reading the Brooklyn Butch story, I learned the correct pronunciation of Tush rhymes with "hush" not "push". Like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62vSTLXAe_Q

But what the heck does it mean?

We need to put the pool version in Wikipedia, along with other important pool slang like "nit".

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Reading the Brooklyn Butch story, I learned the correct pronunciation of Tush rhymes with "hush" not "push". Like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62vSTLXAe_Q

But what the heck does it mean?

We need to put the pool version in Wikipedia, along with other important pool slang like "nit".

Chris

I thought it was tush, like your butt, a tush hog being a guy that watched your butt for you. I told Butch that and he laughed so hard I had to threaten to punch him out to quiet him down.

A tush hog is a feral pig, they have them in the South.

Kevin

PS: One part of the story above is fiction.

spliced

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tush+hog

1. tush hog

An obese, unattractive and frequently unwashed woman. Pronounced "tush", not "toosh".

The tush hog and her brood of over-sugared children blocked the supermarket aisle.

1. Tush Hawg

A girl who is strong enough to beat a man.

Don't mess with her man. She's a tush hawg.

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tush+hog

1. tush hog

An obese, unattractive and frequently unwashed woman. Pronounced "tush", not "toosh".

The tush hog and her brood of over-sugared children blocked the supermarket aisle.

1. Tush Hawg

A girl who is strong enough to beat a man.

Don't mess with her man. She's a tush hawg.

OK - so in pool if someone calls a girl a Tush Hog, that means they can beat up a guy? Are tush hogs always women - cause in the song above he's referring to himself as a tush hog - like he's nasty or mean.

I always thought it meant one of these wild and nasty looking strong-arm guy rail birds who usually hangs around with a player - who always seems to be watching during a money match, looking threatening.

I'm confused....

Last edited:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member

I thought that was a Snorlax Monster.

Urban Dictionary.
A very obese woman on youtube.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
OK - so in pool if someone calls a girl a Tush Hog, that means they can beat up a guy? Are tush hogs always women - cause in the song above he's referring to himself as a tush hog - like he's nasty or mean.

I always thought it meant one of these wild and nasty looking strong-arm guy rail birds who usually hangs around with a player - who always seems to be watching during a money match, looking threatening.

I'm confused....

Hammer hits nail!!

If anyone tells a back in the day tush hog they're some kind of fat, putrid something or other it would be on faster than lickey d split.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member

I'm confused....

You're right what you always thought. And he can back up that threatening look if need be.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
I am actually surprised that Tush Hog isn't a term used everywhere but being from the South I sometimes forget that while God talks like we do many of you don't......

A Tush Hog in the pool room is someone who will try to shark you by intimidation usually thru the use of their physical stature. Threats and shouting can be employed as well...

You aren't likely gonna find a Tush Hog coming in at 5'5" and 150 pounds..... You may however run into someone small in stature who tries to tush hog you but in this case tush hogging is a verb and not a noun so it's much less effective than when a real tush hog is doing the tush hogging....

The best defense against a tush hog or a person who tush hogs is usually avoidance as this is a learned behavior. Smacking the tush hog on the snout to curb this behavior is usually a bad plan but can be effective if done early enough to enlist the element of surprise....

If you wait to do the snout smacking you run the risk of losing the surprise factor plus you have played into their hands since the whole point of tush hogging is to get you into fight or flight mode.......

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
tusk hog

A big tusker is the baddest hog on the farm or in the woods. The way the language gets bent around in the south he became known as a tusk hog. There might be several tusk hogs in an area but there is only one that is known as the tusk hog, the bull of the woods. Like Leroy Brown, when all the bad folks gather round they all call him boss.

With country boys known to sip on some squeez'ns now and then and a common lack of front teeth past the age of eighteen in all but the most sissy of boys and ladylike of girls the K in tusk just naturally got softened up to an H sound. Get around the redneck country boys and you still hear the big boars and the bad boys referred to as tusk hogs too. I think the two names are too close together to not be one and the same.

Hu

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I am actually surprised that Tush Hog isn't a term used everywhere but being from the South I sometimes forget that while God talks like we do many of you don't......

A Tush Hog in the pool room is someone who will try to shark you by intimidation usually thru the use of their physical stature. Threats and shouting can be employed as well...

You aren't likely gonna find a Tush Hog coming in at 5'5" and 150 pounds..... You may however run into someone small in stature who tries to tush hog you but in this case tush hogging is a verb and not a noun so it's much less effective than when a real tush hog is doing the tush hogging....

The best defense against a tush hog or a person who tush hogs is usually avoidance as this is a learned behavior. Smacking the tush hog on the snout to curb this behavior is usually a bad plan but can be effective if done early enough to enlist the element of surprise....

If you wait to do the snout smacking you run the risk of losing the surprise factor plus you have played into their hands since the whole point of tush hogging is to get you into fight or flight mode.......

Thanks for the info, Renfro. I was born here in Los Angeles but my wife loves country music, so we spend a little time in Tennessee. There are a lot of "local" things we don't know but learned enroute.

I like Tennessee a lot and maybe one day we'll live there.

Where did you get the name "Renfro" just curious?

Chris

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Thanks for the info, Renfro. I was born here in Los Angeles but my wife loves country music, so we spend a little time in Tennessee. There are a lot of "local" things we don't know but learned enroute.

I like Tennessee a lot and maybe one day we'll live there.

Where did you get the name "Renfro" just curious?

Chris

Settlin in the right part of Tn is like dyin n goin to heaven.

Sellin an avg spread in so cal will get you a mansion in some parts of the state.

if u got school aged chillin don't send dem to public school in the far western part of the state cause dey prolly won't b able to read, right and rithmatic:)

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A tush hog is the reason you have no problem communicating with your opponent when gambling and getting out the door with the cash. They get free drinks, food and a piece of the action, win or lose.

Best,
Mike

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reply To TATE

Over here,if you HOG the table it means nobody could beat you and you hogged the table all night.It is great fun when it happens as it means you didn't pay for the table for 5 hours or so.