Another Efren local money game

thefonz

It's not me...it's my ADD
Silver Member
Thanks

Cool video.
Looks hot and humid there.

Wtf was that Ronnie alcano in the background with his gut hanging out?

Stones

YEAH, I'M WOOFING AT YOU!
Silver Member
Is this authentic cuz I didn't hear any chickens crowing?

Stones

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
Cool video.
Looks hot and humid there.

Wtf was that Ronnie alcano in the background with his gut hanging out?

it probably was a hot day. you'll notice at 36:36, efren's sweat drops on the table. :)
and yes, that's ronnie with his gut out of his shirt - another indication of a hot/humid day.

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
Is this authentic cuz I didn't hear any chickens crowing?

Stones

A handful of talc on both sidepockets should make up for the absence of roosters crowing. Not to mention using white chalk to write the score on the rail!

RedEyeJedi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
a new one for fellow fans out there, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bz8MOZLcvQ

enjoy!:thumbup:

Thank you for uploading the video!

Now, I've seen how the little 'assistants' will run around the table removing balls from pockets. I guess I get that, but really I don't. :thumbup: But I laughed my ass off when I saw this guy @2:20 actually picking lint around object balls while Nuno weighed a shot. Johnny Archer should consider hiring someone to pick the lint off the table for him, seems pretty baller to me. :D

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why do I get the feeling I could not beat anyone in that room including the child

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Appreciate these uploads... great to see how efren calmly handles the crowds and heat
and humidity etc.

I'm not gonna lie, I'd go batshit if I had these guys hovering 1 foot away from me at all times
ready to pick every single ball out of the pocket 3 seconds after I shoot it.
I'd try to shoo them away. But I guess that'd considered an insult.

To me though, some of these guys seem desperate to be "part of the match" by charging up
to the table constantly ready to fetch balls and pick lint. I guess they feel it's an honor but
they're probably hurting more than helping. I'd rather they join the other spectators
and keep off my table.

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Thank you for uploading the video!

Now, I've seen how the little 'assistants' will run around the table removing balls from pockets. I guess I get that, but really I don't. :thumbup: But I laughed my ass off when I saw this guy @2:20 actually picking lint around object balls while Nuno weighed a shot. Johnny Archer should consider hiring someone to pick the lint off the table for him, seems pretty baller to me. :D

Do they expect/get a jelly for doing this? Kind of like the guys at the third world airports that grab your bags from you to put on the conveyor belt, then expect a tip?

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
Appreciate these uploads... great to see how efren calmly handles the crowds and heat
and humidity etc.

I'm not gonna lie, I'd go batshit if I had these guys hovering 1 foot away from me at all times
ready to pick every single ball out of the pocket 3 seconds after I shoot it.
I'd try to shoo them away. But I guess that'd considered an insult.

To me though, some of these guys seem desperate to be "part of the match" by charging up
to the table constantly ready to fetch balls and pick lint. I guess they feel it's an honor but
they're probably hurting more than helping. I'd rather they join the other spectators
and keep off my table.

they actually hire guys like them to kinda "referee" the match and assist players in clearing the pockets, getting the mechanical bridge, making sure everybody is quiet and that bets are up before breaking the balls, etc. they dont actually get paid, but tips are expected.

also, in most matches in the Philippines, these referees' job is to mark the position of another ball (using a chalk) that could possibly be moved unintentionally by the player who is shooting. they mark it so that they'll know where to put the ball back, in case it moves. cue ball foul only.

BTW, i'd like to share another match between two amateur players. Efren beat both these players on money matches. guy on purple just got beaten by Bustie yesterday. here's the vid, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sO8zz0pN38

Last edited:

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember Efren wearing that hustlin t-shirt at Derby City a few years ago.

Thanks for the link.

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
here's another match held last April in the northern part of the Philippines, Tuguegarao City. It's one of the hottest and most humid places in the country. (today it's about 95 degrees there. :grin:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUvK6GL_Rls

*Note: the "About" info has the final score (spoiler alert)

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Playing

I think if you go over their an play in those kind of conditions with people yelling an less than a foot away from you while shooting an walking up to the table it will make you a great player. Come over to USA after playing their!! Well I think I love to give it a try.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think if you go over their an play in those kind of conditions with people yelling an less than a foot away from you while shooting an walking up to the table it will make you a great player. Come over to USA after playing their!! Well I think I love to give it a try.
Playing their what?

We got a guy in Manila, and another in IN.

Guess which one knows?

Their-there-theyre.jpg

Edit- and how about the genius that made the ecard...flipping between singular and plural....:banghead:

There-Their-and-Theyre-in-Fort-Collins.jpg

Last edited: