Frey custom

henrylr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These are pics of my frey custom. It is my 2nd Frey and IMHO they both play great.

Attachments

• IMG_0227.jpg
    IMG_0227.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 1,146
  • IMG_0249.jpg
    IMG_0249.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,100
  • IMG_0265.jpg
    IMG_0265.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 1,076
  • IMG_0260.jpg
    IMG_0260.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,083
  • IMG_0244.jpg
    IMG_0244.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,075
Last edited:

Chalk&Awe

Gotta have that cue!
Silver Member
The veneers are awesome, great color choice. Also I really like how the points are made with the spears on the end.

Jake

JAMSGOLF

Golf & Pool-I'm addicted!
Silver Member
I kept forgetting to make a comment on this one! I've seen a couple cues where the inlays extended into the rings at the A-joint...some it works on and others it doesn't (at least to my eye). This one it definitely works on!!! Inlays/veneers/color scheme - just an all around gorgeous cue!!!

Thanks for sharing pics!!!

Jason

henrylr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
frey custom

I forgot to mention that the cue has 2 shafts made by Bob. The original with a 11.75mm tip is 3.4 oz.s. The second shaft, made about a month ago, has a 12.75 MM Moori medium tip and is 4.3 oz.s. I had Bob make it with a stiffer spline and slightly thicker to increase the weight. I wanted to move the balance point about 1.3" towards the tip. He also shortened the balance bolt to help to achieve the shift. The cue with new shaft is 19.55 oz.. Original weight was 19.5 oz.

With the old shaft the balance point moved about .8" towards the tip due to balance bolt modification and weight is about 18.65 oz..

When rolled on a good table there is a slight (.010) wobble with the old shaft. Straight with the new shaft.
Plays great with either shaft.

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Call with a good price.

I might buy it. It would look good next to my signature Ebony player!
Nick :) 850-474-0628

Attachments

• SDC13074.jpg
    SDC13074.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 565
Last edited:

henrylr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Additional Frey cue info

Both shafts are 28.996" not including the tip. The handle is 29.055" not including the bumper. Total lenght is 58.051". Balance point with new shaft is 18.701" from end of butt cap, not including the rubber bumper. Balance point with the old shaft is 17.874". This is 1.1" beyond the joint end of the wrap.

I have been playing, exclusively, with the new shaft. However, yesterday I thought I would try the old shaft. I rolled just the old shaft on a good table and can still see a bow near the center of the shaft, but the tip never leaves the felt or my granite surface plate, that is flat w/in .00005. It plays great.

Bob reconditioned the old shaft and polished and made the earlier mentioned adjustments to the handle. Maybe that is what eliminated the tip lifting. The cue assembled rolles great, on a good table, and the tip also does not leave the table. I think I have described all the details of this cue.

Henry Rancourt

henrylr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
frog

Good seeing. There is a wooden frog in the wine rack but so out of focus.

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am no longer interested in buying your Cue

I wanted it for my birthday and that alnog with my interest has passed. I would have bought it. When you never replied I moved on buying another Tim Scruggs Cue.

Nick :)

henrylr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never got an offer from you and can't read your mind. To bad, but that's how things work, from my perspective

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't make offers

I never got an offer from you and can't read your mind. To bad, but that's how things work, from my perspective

I posted this.
Call with a good price. - 07-05-2012, 04:56 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nick 850-474-0628

I buy. No price, no sale.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Never respond in the title

I think he missed it because you put the statement in the title of the post.

From my own experience that is easy to miss.

I posted this.
Call with a good price. - 07-05-2012, 04:56 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nick 850-474-0628

I buy. No price, no sale.

henrylr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
response to mel_smOg & Nick

Mel_smOg, I don't know what a fair price would be. However I play in three different team matches, each with some different players, and some of the good players with good sticks have said it is probably worth $3500.

Regarding the joint, Bob told me everything white is Ivory and, it has a 3/8-10 stainless steel pin in the handle, that screws into wood threads in the shafts.

Nick, sorry for not seeing the title in your reply. I am new at this and have only sold one stick in my life. I am also not a collector and have just two sticks. The Frey and an Abe Rich In won in a tourmement in 1962.

Henry rancourt