My 7 year old got to play SVB

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So we arrived today at the High Desert Shootout in Wyoming.... My son will play tomorrow in the Juniors. Today he got a chance to meet a few players, Rodney Morris, Corey Deuel again (twice in the past 2 weeks), Mike Massey, and Shane Van Boening (SVB).

Jin wanted to play SVB and asked for a game, unfortunately he was about to get into a match, but later on, we saw SVB walking around so Jin went and asked again. SVB went to an empty table and set up a rack..... My son was very nervous but managed to focus, was shaking for a whilee afterwards but super thrilled.... He loves his new Pechauer cue and was doing his best to stay focused on all the fundamentals Samm has been teaching him.

Here is the video:

https://youtu.be/duqmG5eV7VA

Last edited:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane has a long history of taking time for kids check out Shane and Sky here.

Now Shane and Sky are teammates on Team USA.

Pool needs more like players like Shane for sure.

SVB AND SKY.jpg

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Age 7, eh? So his Fargo rating is now about 800.

(memorable occasion, for sure)

Yep, he's gonna be top 15 in the world after that performance.

I can't believe Shane tried to shark him by walking around while he was shooting!

Then he dogs the easy 3-cushion bank on the 8 in the side!

Oze147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We always talk about pool not being a major sport.
If you hear stories like this, you can also see the positiv sides. Everyone of us can go to a tournament and have a chance to meet our idols, have a quick chat, take a foto and sometimes even play a quick rack with them.

What are the chances to meet Federer, Naymar or some other sport star?
Sometimes it is quite nice, that we are a small comunity!

Anyway, I'm happy for your son and I wish him all the best for the Junior tournament!:)

So we arrived today at the High Desert Shootout in Wyoming.... My son will play tomorrow in the Juniors. Today he got a chance to meet a few players, Rodney Morris, Corey Deuel again (twice in the past 2 weeks), Mike Massey, and Shane Van Boening (SVB).

Jin wanted to play SVB and asked for a game, unfortunately he was about to get into a match, but later on, we saw SVB walking around so Jin went and asked again. SVB went to an empty table and set up a rack..... My son was very nervous but managed to focus, was shaking for a whilee afterwards but super thrilled.... He loves his new Pechauer cue and was doing his best to stay focused on all the fundamentals Samm has been teaching him.

Here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duqmG5eV7VA&feature=youtu.be

That is really cool. Your son plays really good. Seems like he really picked up on the game quick (after only 4 months of playing).

That was really cool of Shane to shoot with him, but I assume any of the players would have done the same.

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kid's got more talent and more game than
most adults already. I know that was a big
thrill for you both. Best of luck to you and
your son in the future. Thanks for the video.

We always talk about pool not being a major sport.
If you hear stories like this, you can also see the positiv sides. Everyone of us can go to a tournament and have a chance to meet our idols, have a quick chat, take a foto and sometimes even play a quick rack with them.

What are the chances to meet Federer, Naymar or some other sport star?
Sometimes it is quite nice, that we are a small comunity!

Anyway, I'm happy for your son and I wish him all the best for the Junior tournament!:)

If only I did not think of my pool playing idols as gods, then maybe I could get up the nerve to walk up to one of them and say hello (or anything, lol). Had my chance 3 years in a row, while living in Louisville. The Derby city classic was pretty exciting though (even though I was so shy, and felt really out of place there).

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
The kid has some really nice form. :thumbup:

and so does your kid. :smile-us-down: :groucho: :grinning-moose:

seriously, that is a great moment to have on video.

thx for posting it for us.

best,
brian kc

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duqmG5eV7VA&feature=youtu.be

that is really cool
a memory that will last his lifetime

HUKIT

F* ks Given...Zero
Silver Member
Wow first a new custom cue and now gets to play Shane, kiddos had a great couple of weeks!

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks everyone..... and 2 weekends ago he met Corey Deuel and got a chance to play with him.

Jin is in the hot seat for I think the intermediate group right now waiting.

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That 3 rail spin shot for the 8 in the side by SVB was so close I was expecting it to drop at the last second. What a great time for your son. I would be shaking too if I played SVB and I'm slightly older than your boy. :)