Gold Crown VI now on BrunswickBilliards web site

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think they are curved. Look at the last two pics on the Japanese site link. Not as bad as the Metro, but still curved a bit (unless an optical illusion).

https://www.billiards-days.com/2017/11/21/bd-世界初登場-ブランズウィック-ゴールドクラウンⅥ-シックス/
They look straight on Brunswick site but the photo angle could be funny. Not much of a curve if so. Still trying to figure if drop-pocket has ball rack. Those Japanese tables look like it but Brunswick is telling me otherwise. I guess we'll know soon enough.

They look straight on Brunswick site but the photo angle could be funny. Not much of a curve if so. Still trying to figure if drop-pocket has ball rack. Those Japanese tables look like it but Brunswick is telling me otherwise. I guess we'll know soon enough.

It was confirmed in the bruswick interview that the table does slightly curve inwards towards the ends of the table. It’s supposedly slight.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

I am sorry but this VI does not look good to me. The wood colors etc look cheap. The drop drown casting are however growing on me. The rest of it I can certainly live without. It just has a cheap look to it.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got my GC IV used..... been pretty unhappy with the castings (?). The metal pieces that surround the pockets. Yes the flush pockets are nice, but damn, those casting are all coming up so you cant shoot off the top of the castings unless you use a bridge to keep your cue from scraping on the castings.

Maybe mine is a fluke.... or maybe it was just taken apart and put together one too many times, but either way, I will be staying away from GC's in the future.

bmeek

Registered
Really makes the GC V look like the one to get between the two choices. I assume they will stop making the GC V now that the VI is coming out.

His Boy Elroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've just been listening to the table guys in another thread talk about how tables are made, without regard to more than one installation in their designs.

So, I asked about that because of that.

When I get a different table (since mine has so many new problems now, due to bad maintenance), I am going for one that is designed to last through more than one table cloth change or one move. Apparently, that's the new Diamonds, only. That's all. I've become a BIG skeptic about table manufacturing.

Nice looking table, though, isn't it?

Jeff Livingston
Are you saying that all tables, with the exception of Diamonds, are designed in such a way that if it's taken apart after the first installation, the second set - up will produce a table that has a lessened quality of playability? Where are they discussing this?

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Are you saying that all tables, with the exception of Diamonds, are designed in such a way that if it's taken apart after the first installation, the second set - up will produce a table that has a lessened quality of playability? Where are they discussing this?

That seems to be the consensus around here. But which one is really the best? I dunno. The Diamonds that are taking over the Valley tables around here seem like very high quality and they play really well and consistent. And if that's what I'm going to be playing on mostly, that's what I'd like at home for practicing.

I don't know, I'm just a player who owns a table. I do know that the last guys to work on my table spoiled it for me with shoddy workmanship. To make it whole again, I'm gonna have to spend some real money, and I'll do the work myself this time....or sell it and buy a better quality table that one can actually tear apart and put together without jerry-rigging it at every whipstitch.

I've lost my faith in the table manufacturers, that's for sure. They seem like short-sighted retards. But again, I'm not an expert on any of this, but I am learning as I go.

Jeff Livingston

Last edited: