"Hawaiian" Brian Hashimoto

CueCaps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brian's Personal Tad Kohara Cue is for sale. You can view the post in the AZ "For Sale" Forum.
Just letting AZ er's know that "Hawaiian" Brian is alive and well. You can find him at Hawaiian Brian's Billiards in Honolulu, Hawaii...ALOHA

Last edited:

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CueCaps said:
Brian's Personal Tad Kohara Cue is for sale. You can view the post in the AZ "For Sale" Forum.
Just letting AZ er's know that "Hawaiian" Brian is alive and well. You can find him at Hawaiian Brian's Billiards in Honolulu, Hawaii...ALOHA

If I had half the money back that Brian beat me out of using that cue over the years I could probably could buy the cue. It is a beauty. John Henderson

CueCaps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jrhendy said:
If I had half the money back that Brian beat me out of using that cue over the years I could probably could buy the cue. It is a beauty. John Henderson
That's funny....But guess what?..you're apart of his history too.

olauzon

HANK THE TANK
Silver Member
saw that beauty earlier. good to hear brian is well. (dig his stance in that pic - who needs a mech bridge anyway)

CueCaps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
olauzon said:
saw that beauty earlier. good to hear brian is well. (dig his stance in that pic - who needs a mech bridge anyway)
You are very observent...Brian's climbin' table....Foul...Sometimes when he plays certain guys here, They play "Climb Table". Usually the older guys play that way here.

olauzon

HANK THE TANK
Silver Member
CueCaps said:
You are very observent...Brian's climbin' table....Foul...Sometimes when he plays certain guys here, They play "Climb Table". Usually the older guys play that way here.

i ditto that option with certain players too (as long as they crawl back down themselves (and we're not on my table)). and he's not old, he's, should i say, thick. still prefers to crawl up there.

thanks for the picture

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aloha - very nice cue

ALOHA- Good morning to you sir: I have met brian, Aki,and a few of the regulars.All pro's visiting came to the big island to hawaiian Brians. I still wear some tee shirts, and use powder from brians-hawaiian brians. I thank you for posting about his health. Fan from the ol days with and without rodney. I still have 2 of the szamboti posters from the 99 and 2000 collections(lucky and powerhouse billiards) If I might ask do you know if the goverment has loosened up on lucky's shops. I will find you and aki when I return. It would be the best place to retire bar none. That is one fine tad kohara good luck with the sale. mark

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
jrhendy said:

Hey, John, what was the guys name at the LA room that HB played out of? He always wore a hat, had a large stomach, nice guy, he was either a backer or stake horse or a bouncer? Not sure if he owned the room or managed it, also what was that pool rooms name?

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Island Drive said:
Hey, John, what was the guys name at the LA room that HB played out of? He always wore a hat, had a large stomach, nice guy, he was either a backer or stake horse or a bouncer? Not sure if he owned the room or managed it, also what was that pool rooms name?

That was Lou, he ran the place. Used to steer me around and would never take a nickel. Of course I always lost it and a little more back to Brian & Lou was in. Last I heard he went to Las Vegas. John

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Island Drive said:

It was House of Billiards, Sixth & Western. Got pretty rough before they had to close it. John

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Island Drive said:

That was the House Of Billiards on 6th St. We always used to just call it 6th St.
The man you are referring to is Lou! He was the manager and bouncer as well if that was required.

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
That was the House Of Billiards on 6th St. We always used to just call it 6th St.
The man you are referring to is Lou! He was the manager and bouncer as well if that was required.
We always referred it to the place at sixth and Western. Lou has lately been seen at Baker's Billiards in Fontana. Quite a nice guy.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
dabarbr said:
We always referred it to the place at sixth and Western. Lou has lately been seen at Baker's Billiards in Fontana. Quite a nice guy.

You're right! Sixth and Western it was. Getting old is a *****!

Ron Conley

Registered
I played a 24 hour session in the mid 70's someplace in Orange County with that cue. I was getting 8-7 playing one handed one pocket from Tommy Martin aka Fat Tommy. Won a thousand, met Brian the next day at 6th and Western think I gave him a $100. One of the very few times I got the best of Tommy. Hope that doesn't hurt the value of the cue. By the way Lou is the nuts.

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ron Conley said:
I played a 24 hour session in the mid 70's someplace in Orange County with that cue. I was getting 8-7 playing one handed one pocket from Tommy Martin aka Fat Tommy. Won a thousand, met Brian the next day at 6th and Western think I gave him a $100. One of the very few times I got the best of Tommy. Hope that doesn't hurt the value of the cue. By the way Lou is the nuts.

Tommy used to play one handed pretty sporty, so you could play. I used to play some one handed one pocket with Scrawny Ronnie and others in Bellflower at the Billiard Palace in the 70's. I never played Tommy, can't remember why, just never came up.

My neighbors brother knows Tommy well and told me last spring that Tommy was doing well and to say hello. You are right about Lou. He always treated me right. John Henderson

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dabarbr said:

Frank, does Bobby Baker still have that room? I saw his brother Tommy in Boise last year. He is living in Salt Lake. John

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ron Conley said:

Ron Conley emerges from hiding. Nice to hear from you chief.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
dabarbr said:

Oh yeah, YoU had to chime in ya old fart, god I luv ya, never could really "beat" ya, and you NEVER could really "beat" me.

Long Beach Bill 'aka' Slim per Gabby.
Tell Jerry Brun...he could'ah been the best'''''
LBB

Ron Conley

Registered
jrhendy said:
Tommy used to play one handed pretty sporty, so you could play. I used to play some one handed one pocket with Scrawny Ronnie and others in Bellflower at the Billiard Palace in the 70's. I never played Tommy, can't remember why, just never came up.

My neighbors brother knows Tommy well and told me last spring that Tommy was doing well and to say hello. You are right about Lou. He always treated me right. John Henderson

Hello John, I used to be Scrawny Ronnie but at 225 I've outgrown the nickname. I remember playing you one handed one pocket at the Palace. I tried to high roll you thinking you would dog it, we settled on a hundred a game and you won four in a row and I pulled up. My strategy backfired, I was the one that dogged it.

I go back a long way with Tommy, were the same age and have been friends since we were 16 years old. We still BS on the phone a couple times a month. You and Tommy would have been a nice one handed match-up both of you played about a ball better than me.

Always enjoy your post on the old days John. You have a great memory, very accurate, at least on the ones where I was their.

Ron

Ron Conley

Registered
jay helfert said:
Ron Conley emerges from hiding. Nice to hear from you chief.

Thanks Jay, I just had to come out from under the covers when I saw that cue I had won with. Guys like me don't get to see cues we won with very often.

You post some great stuff Jay, I enjoy reading it.........Ron