Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm glad you seperated all 3 cues. On the player and break cue. Yes to stainless. On the jump cue, Aluminium. Samsara break jump on the jump cue or G10 or phenolic but I don't like it for breaking. I like leather.
Just my opinion.

jlrowe

Billiards,Boxing & Babes
Silver Member
I like phenolic or g10 on my jump cue. If you really want them to match you also may consider using 3/4 stainless steel joint on the jump. The length i decided on 27 for my shaft and 14 for the butt. The couple extra inches on the butt will make easier for long jump shots. The shorter shaft of course stiffens it. But i used a standard 13 mm shaft. If you are going to go with a 29" shaft i would go with 13.5 or 14 mm.

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Schon used to make a jump/break cue with their standard SS piloted joint. The shaft taper was a little thicker and the one I tried had a Samsara tip.

It broke really well but didn't jump so great. I was always told it was because it made it too heavy and the optimal weight for a jumper should be about the weight of the cue ball.

I can see that being the issue or that I just didn't have enough time with it to practice.

I have considered having Gilbert make me a SS jointed breaker but will keep my OB pro lift as a jumper.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Let's say someone wanted to get a three piece matching set of cues consisting of a player cue, break cue and a jump cue. Would a 5/16x14 piloted steel jointed jump cue with a phenolic ferrule and samsara jump break tip on the shaft be just as effective as a standard jump cue with phenolic flat face joint? I'm thinking the jump butt would be 12" and the shaft 30".

Thoughts? Opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have done 5/16x14 piloted on brass joint with phenolic ferrule tip combo....jumps like a flea

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Jump Cue

I own and play with a Pechauer Jump Break with piloted joint 5/16x14 quick release thread, G-10 tip. The shaft isn't thick by any means with a long taper and it would be hard to find a better jumping cue.It also breaks really well and feels good when doing it. The cue plays so well that if I could stand the sound of the tip hitting the balls I'd just play with and have messing around.

buckets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
just a lil something about weight

a jumping jax weighs almost as much as a playing cue and jumps extremely well