Banned Team Names

Raider510

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was funny, I'm surprised they didn't have Ball Breakers on there lol.

BTW, who thinks of a pool team name called Better than P***y? Funny, but not pool relevant hahahaha:D

barboxbanks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some of those makes your scratch your head say "Really.. you banned The Angry Goats?" lol..

dom_poppa

Banned
Really dumb that they got a list of ban names.

People probably won't get it with every name unless they really thought about it.

Red Shoes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do not "play" APA but I sponsor a few APA teams. I think that the APA went way overboard to be politically correct. This is league pool ("nitwit" league at that). Why should the league care what team names are? They hold the national tournament in Las Vegas. No more "inappropriate" behavior takes place in the United States on a regular basis than "Vegas". Also 99% of the teams are "bar teams"...not church teams or girl scout teams they are "BAR" teams. This is all a bit too hypocritical to me. I would think APA would do better to focus on things other than "team names" that might be offensive to some "dolt".

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
They'd probably ban "Team Bible Study" as being offensive to Athiests...:thumbup:

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I liked "you have a bye". There's no way it's offensive to anyone so they must have thought someone would actually be fooled by it??

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The list is pretty funny. No clue why some of those names were banned but whatever. I personally know one of those teams and didnt think their name was offensive. I guess it has a double meaning and whoever thinks it is dirty is just gonna take it the wrong way.

Last edited:

tenzip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow. I see a lot of names on that list, where someone would have to explain to me how it was offensive.

I notice they don't have the best team name I heard all year. This was at our city tournament, team name was "Herbie VerSmells".

Got a big cheer when the TD announced it over the PA.

onepocketron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's pretty obvious to me these folks have wayyyyy to much time on their hands. Some I just didn't get the reason for the ban.

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now the APA is saying that you can't have team names with sexual connotations what are they going to do next ban all the advertising on TV. This shouldn't surprise me I never thought much of the APA anyway. Next they will start telling the women, that blouse is to low cut you can't wear that.

What next skirts must be worn and they must come to below the knee, or maybe revert back to the middle ages and say no women because they shouldn't be aloud in pool rooms or bars. Stuff like that really gives me the creeps. What next? Penalized points for swearing! Oh my?

TheNewSharkster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some funny names on the list. I actually knew one of the teams LOL. I can't figure out why 'ROCK OUT WITH CHALK OUT' was banned.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now the APA is saying that you can't have team names with sexual connotations what are they going to do next ban all the advertising on TV. This shouldn't surprise me I never thought much of the APA anyway. Next they will start telling the women, that blouse is to low cut you can't wear that.

Jeanette Lee, anyone:rolleyes: