Silver Member
Blue Resin Impregnated Redwood Burl.
Red Palm Sectional Handle.
White Micarta Ring with Abalone Dots.
300 Year Old Maple High Growth Shaft.
Shaft made from 1 inch floor boards salvaged
from NY office building built in 1802.
TR Custom Cues are made in the Mountains of SW Virginia
for the past 10 years and I would highly recomend his cues.
Jeff
Pics do not do cue justice.

Attachments

• 5-1-12 038.jpg
    5-1-12 038.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 1,207
  • 5-1-12 029.jpg
    5-1-12 029.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,155
  • 5-1-12 037-85%.jpg
    5-1-12 037-85%.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 1,053
  • 5-1-12 022-80%.jpg
    5-1-12 022-80%.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 1,115
Last edited:

txironhead

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think I've ever just sat in shock from looking at a cue stick. The grain, the marbling look, is absolutely incredible. You don't need decoration or inlays if you can make a piece of wood look like that. And the fact that it's a new stick that already has an incredible history makes it so much better.

So the only question left I guess.....how's it play?

JAMSGOLF

Golf & Pool-I'm addicted!
Silver Member
I don't think I've ever just sat in shock from looking at a cue stick. The grain, the marbling look, is absolutely incredible. You don't need decoration or inlays if you can make a piece of wood look like that. And the fact that it's a new stick that already has an incredible history makes it so much better.

So the only question left I guess.....how's it play?

Well put! I'm in agreement with the others...I would love to see some more pictures of the cue (if it's not too much of a "pain" ;) ). From what I can see, this is one sharp looking cue!

Jason

Lp20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will try to get more pics up tomorrow.
Thanks for all the nice comments.
I'm very lucky to have been in the right place at the right time to select this piece of wood. Oh! and friends with a hell of a cue maker. It is realy a screw up. The resin did not penatrate all the wood. That is why I jumped on it. Hopefully there will not be another screw up like this.

Depending on the wood, the resin does not alway make it through. With the red wood burl, it usally make through all the wood except for the tiny burls. For some reason this one had even less resin make it through.
Jeff

txironhead

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, practice does make perfect......that being said, if he has another horrible screw-up like that, keep me in mind! :D

billiardcue

11th Commandment
Silver Member
Tom Reed and I play pool in the same league.

I have been watching his progress for the last few years, he has come a long way.

A friend received a Titlist conversion from Tom this week that is gorgeous.

This has to be Tom's wildest creation. The forearm and butt sleeve are square.

charbel 999.jpg

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really cool cue. Resin impregnated? That wood must be stable as granite. I have heard this can make a cue too stiff, like with dymondwood, but that stuff is laminated and impregnated, and this one is not laminated just impregnated.

Very cool. That square cue sure is unique.

txironhead

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely SICK! That is an amazing cue. I remember reading the review on the "Thor's Hammer" break stick and thinking it was cool that it ended in a square butt. But put that next to a Hammer and no one would even notice the Joss.

I'd still like to know how his originals (not conversions) play.

Edit: Okay, I'd notice the Joss, but that's because I want one so bad. It's the Celt in me.

Last edited: