What Set-up Would You Opt For?

Which Table Scenario Would You Opt For & Why?

• 13 tables, all full size tables; 4 1/2' x 9'

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • 14 tables, 10 full size tables; 4 1/2' x 9' but 4 that are 4' x 8'

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
OK here's the quandary.

13 Tables in a room, all are full size; 4 1/2' x 9'

14 Tables in a room, 10 are full size; 4 1/2' x 9', but 4 are 4' x 8'.

Please feel free to share why.

Thanx! -S

Last edited:

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As a customer and player, definitely option 1.

From a business stand point, would one extra table increase the revenue that much too effect my business? That's what I would have to find out first. Truth is a majority of the revenue is not going to come from the serious players. So I'd have to weigh it.

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Personally, I don't care for 8' tables, so either all 9' or 9' with 7' barboxes. Preferably Diamond barboxes, but I realize they are expensive. Still, they play better than typical Valley, etc barboxes.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
4 classic style, 6 leg 10ft heated carom tables, with green cloth

keep the riff raff away, bring in classier clients,

ironsoldier71

Registered
OK here's the quandary.

13 Tables in a room, all are full size; 4 1/2' x 9'

14 Tables in a room, 10 are full size; 4 1/2' x 9', but 4 are 4' x 8'.

Please feel free to share why.

Thanx! -S

It depends on who you want in the door. If I was looking at targeting the top end players 9ft all around would be it. Simonis 860 felt. Aramith tourney ball sets. Charge a reasonable rate and they will come and keep your tables filled during the week. Charge $12 an hour per person and watch them stay empty all week long.

Kind Regards,
Michael McDonald
Shooters Billiard Supply
www.shootersbilliardsupply.com
Player: Two Feather Anasazi by Viking Pool Cues (11 of 150)
Shaft: ViKore Shaft by Viking Pool Cues
Break: Predator Break 3 Pool Cue
Jump: Air 2 by Predator Pool Cues
Case: Instroke 3x5 Southwest Black Pool Cue Case
Table: Diamond Pro Am 9 ft with Aramith Tourney TV Pool Balls

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
As a business I would have all BB's with a mix of league and in-house league until I had enough interest for all in-house league. Might have a few less tables due to the need for 5 or 6 players/team. Gotta have a kitchen and drinks. As a pool player I'd have 2 10' and the rest 9' maybe 1 BB for other action.
Jason

And yes, I actually like the Diamond BB but a Valley is BB to me, so either is fine. Diamond would help my players better prepare for all higher end tourneys. Still and always will prefer GC for 9'

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd actually do 6 big and 8 bar-box. Most recreational players head to the small tables in most rooms.

zencues.com

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From a player's view:

10 9ft
2 8ft
2 7ft

This is determined by the local leagues though. If there are large leagues in your area then:

4 9ft
6 8ft
4 7ft

Leagues play on either 7ft or 8ft. And the general public likes 7ft tables.

Gary Sanossian

Nineballgs
Hows this for an answer......I do not care what you use for tables,,,or what size they are.....If you do not know HOW to run and manage a billiard business.....you are gone in a year.....Everyone wants to OWN a room....very few want to work and run it....i.e. most owners dont even know what a good table is and how to service....recover....and keep them playing like pro equipment....they have to "farm that work out" WRONG.....This is not an ice cream parlor.....Check out my post in Billiard room owners discussion......You need to know HOW TO MAKE MONEY IN THE BILLIARD BUSINESS.....MOST PEOPLE DO NOT HAVE A CLUE.......Another example......The worst customer you can have in your room is Pool Players......How do you like that for a crazy industry..??? IT IS TRUE......

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you expect to attract leagues in the area, do at least two 7' tables possibly four. They don't mind practicing on 9' but most prefer playing on the 7'.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Hows this for an answer......I do not care what you use for tables,,,or what size they are.....If you do not know HOW to run and manage a billiard business.....you are gone in a year.....Everyone wants to OWN a room....very few want to work and run it....i.e. most owners dont even know what a good table is and how to service....recover....and keep them playing like pro equipment....they have to "farm that work out" WRONG.....This is not an ice cream parlor.....Check out my post in Billiard room owners discussion......You need to know HOW TO MAKE MONEY IN THE BILLIARD BUSINESS.....MOST PEOPLE DO NOT HAVE A CLUE.......Another example......The worst customer you can have in your room is Pool Players......How do you like that for a crazy industry..??? IT IS TRUE......

Seems like what Glenn says
To make money in billiards you gotta have a nice club top notch food, lounges, probably dancing
That attracts everyone but players
Oh and toss in a few tables somewhere

Seems like there is no pool industry if that's the case
Just people that sell stuff to the players

Then what's the point of keeping equipment in top form when your target audience isn't players

The general population wouldn't know an aramith ball from a 20 dollar set , happily play with the replaceable tips you slide over the one that broke off and on and on

Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Slick Willie's and Barney's across the country are filled with em and the ones close to me get busy with non players buying drinks

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From a player's view:

10 9ft
2 8ft
2 7ft

This is determined by the local leagues though. If there are large leagues in your area then:

4 9ft
6 8ft
4 7ft

Leagues play on either 7ft or 8ft. And the general public likes 7ft tables.

You must not be a player and/or live in Texas.
8' tables, you've got to be kidding. The rooms I've been to that have 9' and 8' tables you can throw a stink bomb on the 8' side and not bother anyone