BREAKING NEWS: Mosconi Cup Team USA

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Perfect list. I would add Donnie Mills. I am not sure how he would hold up to the pressure of the event, but honestly it can't be any worse than it has been in recent years and I think that group of five has the potential to do some damage if they can get on a roll.

I think Donny Mills would represent America well and would play very steady. I think he would be a great partner and team mate too.

DM has been playing for years and just hasnt had the opportunity to play as much as the other guys. He chose more stable income.

He seems to prepare well becasue when he does come out to play he always seems to bring a very consistent game.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
SVB, Skyler, Bergman, Hatch (he earned it), and I would go with Oscar over Morris or even Thorpe at this point. I just haven't seen enough high level, big table play out of him YET. Oscar is a grinder and that's what's needed at the Mosconi.

Bergman is an ABSOLUTE must! No questions asked.

This is their best team by far.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice trolling headline to get clicks.

Though the smattering of names in other JAM threads looks like it's not a coincidence.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice trolling headline to get clicks.

Though the smattering of names in other JAM threads looks like it's not a coincidence.

You gotta be kidding me. This Mosconi Cup news was just released this morning, and I shared it on what I thought was a pool forum. Trolling headline? I call it breaking news, myself.

Thanks for the contribution to this thread. I just live off of clicks. I can't make it through the day without them. I live for those clicks. If I don't get them, my life may come to an end.

Last edited:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You gotta be kidding me. This Mosconi Cup news was just released this morning, and I shared it on what I thought was a pool forum. Trolling headline? I call it breaking news, myself.

Thanks for the contribution to this thread. I just live off of clicks. I can't make it through the day without them. I live for those clicks. If I don't get them, my life may come to an end.

Except this wasn't BREAKING NEWS.

You, yourself, said that you know who was on the team.

So when you make a thread titled, "BREAKING NEWS: Mosconi Cup Team USA" That's what people are clicking to find out.

Instead, we learn that Shane was at the top of the list, and has the greatest chance of being selected first.

Neither of which is "BREAKING NEWS"

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Except this wasn't BREAKING NEWS.

You, yourself, said that you know who was on the team.

So when you make a thread titled, "BREAKING NEWS: Mosconi Cup Team USA" That's what people are clicking to find out.

Instead, we learn that Shane was at the top of the list, and has the greatest chance of being selected first.

Neither of which is "BREAKING NEWS"

Actually, the BREAKING NEWS, if you read it, is that four person will be selected from the top 10 and that 1 will be selected in the top 20. This means other than those 20, there are no other players under consideration. But you knew that. You just like to argue with everybody on this forum. I'm trying to bring the latest news to the members here who like discussing it and hearing the latest.

What's your next criticism of me? There are many people in this forum and elsewhere who do enjoy reading pool-related topics, to include what I bring to this forum and have been since 2004 under the same forum name.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’m trying to recall, is this pick of five, at this point – this week, it, absolute, the roster, no alternate’s?
A lot can happen between now and game time.
I’m also trying to recall what the team does to be in shape, at their best – in state, for game day.
Once selected, are they under contract, no gigs/tournaments till after this match up. I
do remember the team doing appearance/exhibition’s kind of stuff.
I guess what I’m really after, is; will/could the team from this point, with player
commitment(s) become like a club, tour together till cup day? By bid, have rooms put
their best 5 up, challenge team USA in the same Mosconi Cup format - condensed, the
ultimate road trip, If this is already the plan, being done, my apologies for not catching it last year.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If you added the words "final points standings" then there would have been nothing wrong with this thread and posters wouldn't have clicked not knowing there was bait and switch in the title :thumbup:

You know that though.

No comment on the other four threads you created with five high-profile American names in the running? ;)

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I’m trying to recall, is this pick of five, at this point – this week, it, absolute, the roster, no alternate’s?
A lot can happen between now and game time.
I’m also trying to recall what the team does to be in shape, at their best – in state, for game day.
Once selected, are they under contract, no gigs/tournaments till after this match up. I
do remember the team doing appearance/exhibition’s kind of stuff.
I guess what I’m really after, is; will/could the team from this point, with player
commitment(s) become like a club, tour together till cup day? By bid, have rooms put
their best 5 up, challenge team USA in the same Mosconi Cup format - condensed, the
ultimate road trip, If this is already the plan, being done, my apologies for not catching it last year.

I think that is a great idea.

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After reading the hatchetmans billiard buzz article I'm basically on his bandwagon to make the team. Not only has he made life changes and focused once again on his professional pool career but he got second in points so it's truly not fair to leave him off I mean if u can get second and not make the team then what's the point of having points? Also a huge reason I'm on his bandwagon after reading the article is he says his favorite tournament is the mosconi cup and he nonstop talks about how much it means to him and that's the kind of personality I need representing me and the country I live In and LOVE. Go USA!!!!

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Actually, the BREAKING NEWS, if you read it, is that four person will be selected from the top 10 and that 1 will be selected in the top 20. This means other than those 20, there are no other players under consideration. ...

I don't read it that way, JAM. The news release says: "... the captain will pick his side from the top ten with the option of going outside the ten for one of his picks should he feel it necessary." That's unchanged from the plan right along -- 4 must be from the top 10 and 1 can be anyone eligible for Team USA, even someone's grandad (or mom). I don't think the fact that the news release shows the top 20 changes anything. They actually provide (via a click) a full list of everyone who has earned points, and the list has 137 names on it this year: http://www.matchroompool.com/wp-content/uploads/final-usa-rankings.pdf

But I think it's certainly likely that the 5th pick will come from the first or second ten on the points list.

[And if your inside info is correct, maybe you already know he's from the second ten.]

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... No comment on the other four threads you created with five high-profile American names in the running? ;)

Hmmm. So your theory is that the team is Van Boening, Hatch, Woodward, Thorpe, and Dominguez, and that JAM sneakily revealed that with her thread titles today. Hmmm.

[that would be a good team]

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Great Mosconi Cup Threads.....

Actually, the BREAKING NEWS, if you read it, is that four person will be selected from the top 10 and that 1 will be selected in the top 20. This means other than those 20, there are no other players under consideration. But you knew that. You just like to argue with everybody on this forum. I'm trying to bring the latest news to the members here who like discussing it and hearing the latest.

What's your next criticism of me? There are many people in this forum and elsewhere who do enjoy reading pool-related topics, to include what I bring to this forum and have been since 2004 under the same forum name.

JAM,
I have read each of the threads you started about the Mosconi Cup, possible selections, etc., and have found the threads to be stand-alone, each offering different perspectives on players, selections, etc.......

As a thread evolves, posters add commentary that gives each thread its own direction.

Again, I found them ALL interesting and appreciate your thoughtfulness to bring them to the fore. :thumbup::thumbup:

Will Prout