BREAKING NEWS: Mosconi Cup Team USA

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Call me an idiot(and I'm sure everyone will) but how about having some new faces in general? I know they are not in people's radars, but guys like Jeremy sossei has showed that he can go toe to toe with the best the USA has to offer. Why not put him in there as a dark horse?

I guess I'm just of the opinion that some of the so called low level pros in this country are very overlooked. just change it up a bit to see something different. afterall, this is just an exhibition.

I think there will be a new face this year. Four of them, however, I'm guessing may have been on the Team USA previously. Could be wrong, though. Just a hunch! :smile:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You neglected to consider that the trip to Texas, for Justin, is much easier and cheaper. If you would like to pay Justin's travel expenses, then I am sure he would be happy to attend every far flung tournament YOU would like him to enter.

Also, he is clearly the second best American player (maybe the best) because MC diminishes SVB's break. It doesn't matter if Justin goes to 9 turning stone events or zero, if Matchroom wants to field the most competitive American team, it will have Justin on it.

kollegedave

I have always liked Justin. I hope he is in consideration at least. We shall see in less than a week, according to the news release. :cool:

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
I have always liked Justin. I hope he is in consideration at least. We shall see in less than a week, according to the news release. :cool:

I thought you knew who all the players on the team are.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm trying to be nice about the selection of Justin. Am I now not allowed to voice an opinion? What the heck is wrong with this forum lately? It seems like everybody wants to spar with other members. Talking about pool-related topics isn't the norm anymore, I guess. :sorry:

Well, enough procrastination on my end. I'd rather make money and work than hang out here and talk about pool. Never thought I'd say that.

PoppaSaun

Banned

She looooooves attention. She either knows and has told us with her mini-bios (I didn't realize sky and shane were dating, how cute!), or she doesn't know, but can't stand the thought of not being special.

I'm guessing the latter.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Prediction/Performance/SD

SVB, seems to be in a good place now....he's matured nicely....with his past MC experience and his recent steadiness tell me.... there's a VERY good chance ''it's finally all behind em''. His body language from some recent pics, exude a calmness, which is a HUGE/Must advantage in this Great game. Calmness and clarity go hand in hand, a nirvana I no longer have, but have had many times. I used to deliver many large packages....Now I can only deliver 2 :) Must be my age, they are getting HEAVIER ;) . :thumbup: Just turned 69.:p

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I'm trying to be nice about the selection of Justin. Am I now not allowed to voice an opinion? What the heck is wrong with this forum lately? It seems like everybody wants to spar with other members. Talking about pool-related topics isn't the norm anymore, I guess. :sorry:

Well, enough procrastination on my end. I'd rather make money and work than hang out here and talk about pool. Never thought I'd say that.

You did say that you knew who was on the team already, or was that just you acting like you know everything?

The guy asked a valid question and now you're all bent out of shape again? He didn't insult you or anything like that, but here you go again.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
She looooooves attention. She either knows and has told us with her mini-bios (I didn't realize sky and shane were dating, how cute!), or she doesn't know, but can't stand the thought of not being special.

I'm guessing the latter.

PoppaSaun, just curious, but what was your AzBilliards member name before you became PoppaSaun? You sure do know a lot about folks on this forum. I haven't posted much earlier this year. Oh, I know. You used to lurk. That's what they all say. :grin-square:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You did say that you knew who was on the team already, or was that just you acting like you know everything?

The guy asked a valid question and now you're all bent out of shape again? He didn't insult you or anything like that, but here you go again.

Bend the knee when you post to me, Pal. You have Smorg's memory -- my friend, BTW -- below your avatar and you don't even know that today was his birthday.

I do know who's on the team, FWIW, but I was asked not reveal their names.

I also said, if you were paying attention, which I'm sure you were, since you post to me five times to my one post, in an effort to get my attention, because that's all you want each time I post, that the information I had was hearsay. I did not hear this information from Matchroom Sport. I did not hear this information from Johann. I did not hear this information from Luke Riches. I heard it from an unnamed source who I think is in the know.

Carry on. I wonder how many posts this one will receive from those who want to spar, argue, and flame.

Back to the topic of the thread, I stand by my selections.

PoppaSaun

Banned
Bend the knee when you post to me, Pal..

Anyone who doesn't have a huge insight into JAM's belief of her superiority over every person on this site is blind.

All hail queen JAM! What a joke.

I'm starting to wonder if the reason JAM posts for Keith is some kind of 'Misery' situation.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone who doesn't have a huge insight into JAM's belief of her superiority over every person on this site is blind.

All hail queen JAM! What a joke.

I'm starting to wonder if the reason JAM posts for Keith is some kind of 'Misery' situation.

Bend the knee.

Keith doesn't post. He sends ravens. Good guess!

OLD NO 9

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member

You should grow up!

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These guys are all great players.

What is apparent is that we have a very shallow well of players to draw from. The experience and ability differences within the top 10 are great.

Our most consistent player is inconsistent under the lights of the Mosconi arena. I , and the rest of us, will look forward to USA hitting a high gear this year.

I would field SVB, Hatch, Woodward, Bergman and Thorpe....

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If anyone knows who are the team members for the next Mosconi Cup it would be totally inappropriate to divulge that information. It is the right and privilege of the coach and or his staff to make that announcement at the time they choose. Jam may know and if so 100% correct in not providing that information.. JMO!

PoppaSaun

Banned
If anyone knows who are the team members for the next Mosconi Cup it would be totally inappropriate to divulge that information. It is the right and privilege of the coach and or his staff to make that announcement at the time they choose. Jam may know and if so 100% correct in not providing that information.. JMO!

And 100% incorrect to divulge that she knows...whether she is lying (likely) or not. If she heard from a 'reliable' source that isn't Matchroom or the coach, then that 'reliable' source is at fault for telling her. If she is to believed (doubtful), someone betrayed a confidence...and she's advertising it.

She's just like a child who has a secret and needs to make sure everyone knows.

It's a ploy that insecure people use to make themselves feel important.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone has been binge-watching too much Game of Thrones.

I must confess you're right. I just watched all seven seasons a second time, and I will finsh the sixth episode of seventh season tonight. :embarrassed2::p:grin::cool::smile:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You've never allowed me to voice my opinion (when it's not in agreement with yours).

Instead the moment I do, you instantly retaliate with accusations of me being a troll or having other identities. Still waiting on you to prove that last one.