Vintage titleist cue ID needed

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I have a Gandy National with similar rings and butt cap, but I don't know if any Gandy cues were Titlists

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
when he first posted pics of the butt sleeve without showing the joint area I also thought of Fedunka or Mayer

Mayer came to my mind as well.

But too many things are different.

I have a Mayer...different pilots etc. In the end it was just a general impression of the butt sleeve pattern.

This thing is a mish-mash to me so far...

Things I thought of:
Paradise
Doc Fry
Mayer
Fedunka
Abe Rich (I have seen an Abe Rich Titlist, documented, wish I had it)
National
Gandy

Mostly thinking like everybody else.

I didn't think Palmer, I didn't think GB.

There are numerous possibilities and more obscure makers. We prize a nice Titlist conversion now but back then they were common as dirt and so often used.

I am also thinking one of those shafts was made later, whether by the original maker or perhaps another. Close inspection might reveal the black material in the ring is different...looks like it might be. Or it could have been repaired along with a ferrule change.

Right now, it is confusing to me.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
I am also thinking one of those shafts was made later, whether by the original maker or perhaps another. Close inspection might reveal the black material in the ring is different...looks like it might be. Or it could have been repaired along with a ferrule change.

Right now, it is confusing to me.

The shafts are definitely different, different tenon lengths and ferrule material. And here's a possibility as well. The buttplate may not be original. The cue looks pretty old, but delrin buttplates are generally a bit newer. Could be an original implex buttplate was blown out, and replaced with a larger delrin buttplate, which would explain the very recessed weight bolt, maybe more than the original? Which leans me to Paradise, though Fedunka still seems a strong possibility.

The length of the butt would help. If it's longer than 28.5 inches, which would be a standard 57 inch cue back in the day, then my theory on a replaced buttplate may hold water. Or not...

Doc, if you and I can't figure this out, do we have turn in our cue detective badges?

All the best,
WW

cue fix

Will "MONSOON" & SEARING!
Silver Member
You mean this one.

pDpYRS8.jpg

yes that cue. so why do you pass on the one in this post but buy this one, when you could of had both.

TILT9

Banned
OK , let's not look at the cue , we need a case expert.
That case looks to me like #1, Palmer , #2, McDermott , that's it, I'm done.
(didn't Mali use an 18 pin?)

Rackattach

Banned
OK , so... Is this a positive ID?
or is it a Mali?

After few batches of photos to Fred Kohara he is confident it's an early TAD cue... so, I'll be sending it to him for a freshen up and LOA and it's going into my collection. It's not for sale.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After few batches of photos to Fred Kohara he is confident it's an early TAD cue... so, I'll be sending it to him for a freshen up and LOA and it's going into my collection. It's not for sale.

Touchdown! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

TILT9

Banned
After few batches of photos to Fred Kohara he is confident it's an early TAD cue... so,
I'll be sending it to him for a freshen up and LOA and it's going into my collection.
It's not for sale.
ahh , there it is...
You suspected when you purchased the cue at ebay , you were almost certain , and then the package arrived ,
that's when you gave it a 3rd degree examination , then you knew without reservation what you had.
Honestly , I thought it was a Mali with a custom modified butt sleeve.
Nicely Done , excellent! :)

mamono

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
check with Fred Kohara. Did you get his other cue as well?

Good eye, it’s a late 60’s TAD for sure. Key elements match late 60’s TAD’s in my collection. Wish I saw the auction and jumped on it. Good find, congrats.