1903-1918 Brunswick Balke Collender Butterfly Conversion

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Circa 1930's Model 36, or 360 Brunswick Balke Collender Butterfly Conversion

Expert at BRUNSWICK say this Butterfly House Cue, was build about 1903-1918. It is a Circa 1930's Model 36, or 360 Brunswick Balke Collender Butterfly.

Enjoy the pictures! Progress photos can be seen here!

Attachments

• CC.jpg
    CC.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,770
  • ee.jpg
    ee.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,677
  • tt.jpg
    tt.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,697
  • aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,744
  • aaa.jpg
    aaa.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,634
Last edited:

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Expert at BRUNSWICK say this Butterfly House Cue, was build about 1903-1918. It is a Brunswick Balke Collender Butterfly.

Which Expert did you talk to at Brunswick Cowboy?

The reason I ask Cowboy, is because that style Butterfly cue is not listed in any Brunswick Catalog from 1898 through the 1960's, but I do know who made similar cues. :)

Craig --- Doesn't think the cue is a Brunswick, but it is a nice conversion!!:)

Last edited:

Sev

I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Silver Member
Expert at BRUNSWICK say this Butterfly House Cue, was build about 1903-1918. It is a Brunswick Balke Collender Butterfly.

Which Expert did you talk to at Brunswick Cowboy?

The reason I ask Cowboy, is because that style Butterfly cue is not listed in any Brunswick Catalog from 1898 through the 1960's, but I do know who made similar cues. :)

Craig --- Doesn't think the cue is a Brunswick, but it is a nice conversion!!:)

I was thinking the same Craig.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
The same one I talked to this a.m. and gave me another opinion, who has work for brunswick more years, than many of us have been here!

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
The same one I talked to this a.m. and gave me another opinion, who has work for brunswick more years, than many of us have been here!

Cowboy, what is their name because they have made a serious mistake and they need to be corrected because that cue is not a Brunswick. If you would like to know what you have, I would be glad to help you out but please don't think that anyone who knows anything about these cues is going to think that this is a Brunswick Conversion.:)

However, like I said above it is a beautiful conversion, my hat is off to whoever did the work.

When you want to know the company that originally made the cue just ask!:)

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I knew I had this photo of the Butt Before Conversion. Just took time to find it.

Attachments

• 92af4e30.jpg
    92af4e30.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,295
Last edited:

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
:rotflmao1:
I knew I had this photo of the Butt Before Conversion. Just took time to find it.

Cowboy now I am going say what should have been said before you are wrong, if that cue were a 36 or 360 whoever converted it screwed that cue up mighty bad buddy, but we both know that only some one more confused then you would pay any attention to what your saying. Cowboy, I just don't get it, why do you have to make things up to suit you, I have the original copy of your first post which you edited, maybe I should post it here, no on second thought I will save it for now. Post a picture of the entire cue and prove me wrong, if you don't you will prove me right. Buddy I think you have fallen and can't get up!!!!!:grin:

Actually the cue is an import and not made by Brunswick!!!!Cowboy the veneer color's are totally wrong for a 36 or a 360 and the number of veneer's are also wrong when you want to know who really made this import let me know.

Here is a link that shows Brunswick 36 and 360 cues just for the sake of acurrate information:

http://www.palmercollector.com/Brunswick/BruswickCollectorColorPlates.html

Oh and next time you decide to lie, at least post a photo of a cue with the same wood as your conversion, you take the cake dude!!!!!:rotflmao1:

Just to be honest and up front, I gave you Negative Rep because I feel that you are intentionally trying to deceive forum members for some reason, I don't know why but it really doesn't matter at this point.

INOOTEF!!!!!:smile:

Last edited:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Craig, what is INOOTEF?
Is that an Egyptian king like Bubba Ho Tep?

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
So the expert at Brunswick is wrong, even though he has been there over 40 years with Brunswick. The funny thing is both I and the gentleman who did the conversion talked to the same guy, sent him the same original pictures.

Some times wood changes during turn down and this site show that point.

So believe what you want, I will believe what I want because I spoke to the expert, and BTW it is a very nice playing, and that is what I wanted an old butterfly. So I am happy and shared the pictures.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
So the expert at Brunswick is wrong, even though he has been there over 40 years with Brunswick. The funny thing is both I and the gentleman who did the conversion talked to the same guy, sent him the same original pictures.

Some times wood changes during turn down and this site show that point.

So believe what you want, I will believe what I want because I spoke to the expert, and BTW it is a very nice playing, and that is what I wanted an old butterfly. So I am happy and shared the pictures.

Bruce wood can change color when it is cut, especially older wood but not to the extent you expect us to believe, and what about the veneer's how come your conversion doesn't have the right number of veneer's for a Brunswick 36 or a 360? Bruce like I said the cue is an import, it was not made by Brunswick and your majical expert is kinda like the cue, most likely imported and short a few veneer's.

Bruce I truly thought you were intersted in finding out about the conversion, I can see now that it is just another Cocobolo Nightmare, but please don't think anyone is fooled, enjoy your cue Bruce I am certain that it most likely does play well and that is the most truthful comment you made in this entire thread!:p

Last edited: