Aiming Systems AND THE 9 Ball Ghost

lstevedus

One of the 47%
Silver Member
I see a lot of threads about aiming systems on AZ. Have any proponents of one system or another bothered to show how well their particular aimimg system works when used in a match of any kind? I usually don't bother reading any aiming threads because there are so many. If someone said I am going to play the ghost 9 ball a race to 7 and win by using my aiming system, that would get my attention, but all I've seen so far is a bunch of arguing about who's system is better.

I recently retired and have been playing the 9 ball ghost in an effort to improve. I'd be really interested in watching a video of anyone beating the ghost using the aiming system of their choice playing anything. I don't think that's going to happen though, but maybe someone will step up and show us why his or her system is the best.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
I see a lot of threads about aiming systems on AZ. Have any proponents of one system or another bothered to show how well their particular aimimg system works when used in a match of any kind? I usually don't bother reading any aiming threads because there are so many. If someone said I am going to play the ghost 9 ball a race to 7 and win by using my aiming system, that would get my attention, but all I've seen so far is a bunch of arguing about who's system is better.

I recently retired and have been playing the 9 ball ghost in an effort to improve. I'd be really interested in watching a video of anyone beating the ghost using the aiming system of their choice playing anything. I don't think that's going to happen though, but maybe someone will step up and show us why his or her system is the best.

I think its very fair to say, nobody is just 'talking' about a system. The reason we feel its better (at lest to us) is because we use them.

As far as the 9ball ghost, an aiming system has nothing to do with speed control, correct routes and position, breaking out balls or planning... its just helping you find the spot you need to shoot to cinch a shot. You have to control everything after that. Move the cueball around the table makes pocketing the ball harder, while avoiding snookering yourself or scratching. I would say 90%+ of the time I miss a shot is because I left myself in a place I didn't want to be in.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
I use an aiming system every time I hit a ball and have over the past year. Anyone I played a year ago and have played recently can tell you... its helped a ton. It's also inspired several of my friends that thought it was silly before, to start using them and its helped their games as well. I'm not on here to fight or stand up for them really because honestly, I don't care THAT much if you use em or not. I would rather you get mad that I make those real hard back cut shots on super tight tables playing one pocket against you. I would rather take your money.

lstevedus

One of the 47%
Silver Member
Make Me A Believer...Please

I like your post. You sound like me. The best way to keep score is by counting the money. The one who goes home with the most $$ in their pocket is the winner.

BUT, I still would like to see someone post a video using their aiming system of choice to run racks of their game of choice. After all, you did say you use an aiming system on every shot. I think that would be a very strong endorsement for any aiming system.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Just watch any video of Landon or Stan Shuffet, or Stevie Moore.;)

And, even with that, it wouldn't matter what video one shows, because there will still be people on here that will say that they didn't actually use the aiming system they say they did. (that has already happened)

Someone recently won a small tournament in Virginia, and he claims to use a system, as well. As a matter of fact, he won that little tournament 2 years in a row now. He might be a good example.

Oh yeah, since he endorses it, he's gotta say he uses it. But not really.... right guys? Even though he came onto these very forums to explain the fact that he used the system before the fellow who is distributing it met him.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Been done. Video of people running racks is discounted because we all know that playing pool is more than aiming. Dave Segal posted the highest score in Colin Colenso's potting test. Look it up. No one who tried it beat him.

Dave also posted a video of himself running 48 balls using it. He posted video of himself making a lot of banks shots using it. He posted video of him making 13 of 15 tough shots that a naysayer couldn't be done with a system. (and the two shots he missed weren't missed - the ball went but he scratched so he graciously didn't count them)

Ekkes posted a video making 12 out of 14 banks using his system. I think Ekkes also posted a video of him running several racks.

The video proof is there.

Mybuster on YouTube (8 Pack on here) has posted many video of himself making tough shots and running racks and he uses a "systematic" approach to aiming.

I posted a video of me doing Joe Tucker's pocketing drill.

So there is plenty of video evidence out there. All this is better than if someone simply posts videos of themselves beating the ghost. And even if one did then the naysayers wouldn't accept it as proof anyway.

mantis99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think its very fair to say, nobody is just 'talking' about a system. The reason we feel its better (at lest to us) is because we use them.

As far as the 9ball ghost, an aiming system has nothing to do with speed control, correct routes and position, breaking out balls or planning... its just helping you find the spot you need to shoot to cinch a shot. You have to control everything after that. Move the cueball around the table makes pocketing the ball harder, while avoiding snookering yourself or scratching. I would say 90%+ of the time I miss a shot is because I left myself in a place I didn't want to be in.

What he said. Aiming is important, but far from all that is needed to even come close to beating the ghost.

By the way, you can look at the recent US open results to see how some of the CTE proponents including Stan did in competition.