Smorgass Bored

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
The Master

When OHB passed away Smorgie made a comment, it was meant in a different way then I took it and I called Smorgie on it. LOL, he banned himself and apologized too everyone in the free world for making it.

After that, he told me that when he died I could make a funny comment about him lol.

Everyday since he passed away I have thought of something funny and then I changed my mind,maybe it wasn't that funny, and now I have ran out of time and I have no zippy one liners for my poker buddy.

So I just will say how it's funny that we ended up being friends and poker buddies.

He has such a flair for the game, it wasn't about the money it was winning,,,,lol.

I told Smorgie that I would make him laugh everyday when he first told me how bad it was getting, sometimes I would just ramble on about the goofy things that were happening at my house about the flipping furnace that will break on the coldest day "ever' on record books, the flipping squirrel's that moved into the attic, the raccoons that would knock at the door for food and start howling if you never showed, lol.

Smorgie would make some comment, and we would laugh. I think he made me laugh more, but who's to say.

Also he had the best one liners for the bullies and the bluffers at the table

Near the end it was too hard for him to sit at the desk and use the computer, so his lovely and brilliant wife Barbara set him up in a lazy boy so he could recline and still play poker and read the forums, he would lay there and play without typing much, sometimes, we would just play and not even talk, lol.

I never saw him at the poker table the last week, I got a pm from him on the saturday it just said hugs nothing else, I just knew somewhere in my heart that it was time for him to go.

Now when people ask where he is I say he passed away and I think he's playing pool, eating chicken wings, and trading one liners with some of the best.

hugs my friend, I'm sorry I couldn't think of a funny one liner I should have got you to write one for me,,,,LOL

Your post of his winning ways reminded me of one of Doug's comebacks to me. I was teasing him one day about his last name, Winslow. (He pronounced it WINS-LOW.) I needled him and asked if he had ever thought about his name much since he didn't give it out to many people maybe he was ashamed of it and I pronounced his name slowly using different syllables, saying WIN-SLOW. He piped back faster than a mongoose retailiating from a cobra strike, "AT LEAST I WIN". :thumbup:

:bow-down::bow-down::bow-down:

JoeyA

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Your post of his winning ways reminded me of one of Doug's comebacks to me. I was teasing him one day about his last name, Winslow. (He pronounced it WINS-LOW.) I needled him and asked if he had ever thought about his name much since he didn't give it out to many people maybe he was ashamed of it and I pronounced his name slowly using different syllables, saying WIN-SLOW. He piped back faster than a mongoose retailiating from a cobra strike, "AT LEAST I WIN". :thumbup:

JoeyA

That's funny Joey!! LOL

I have a friend named My Nguyen (pronounced me win). We like to play for chicken dinner! He plays good, but somehow I always seem to win. I like to tell him, me win you lose! LOL.

Ray
(maybe he just like to buy me chicken) :shocked:

ps. He is a longtime poster here and on rsb. Samiel.

JoeyA

Silver Member
That's funny Joey!! LOL

I have a friend named My Nguyen (pronounced me win).
ps. He is a longtime poster here and on rsb. Samiel.

If your friend is Samiel then you have another good friend.

JoeyA

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
If your friend is Samiel then you have another good friend.

JoeyA

That's VERY true Joey!

They don't come any better that Samiel!!

He has been doing the streams for our AZ Challenges. We always have a blast too! My is one of the kindest and most generous people I have ever met. Fun to be around too!

Thanks for mentioning that!

Ray

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member

JoeyA

My last name is ENSLOW and when people ask me how to pronounce it I say "EN-SLOW, out fast, around the corner, and through the middle -- I cover all the angles!" Not as witty as Doug; but, people do get it right after that! I have a name like Smorg, now if I could just find a friend like JoeyA!

Reactions: JAM

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
I miss you, Smorgie. This forum ain't the same without you. Rest in peace. You are not forgotten.

What amazes me is, considering all the fun that Doug brought to ALL of the forums, why only 32 would honor his final wish?

Check out the link in my signature!! I know Doug had more than 32 friends.

Thanks!

Ray

Read This Post By Doug

JoeyA

Silver Member
What amazes me is, considering all the fun that Doug brought to ALL of the forums, why only 32 would honor his final wish?

Check out the link in my signature!! I know Doug had more than 32 friends.

Thanks!

Ray

Read This Post By Doug

I sent the big lug some REP. Doug was and is the all time most favorite poster of AZ Billiards. Thanks for reminding me that he liked REP. :) Doug had a lot more than 32 friends. It's just that people have moved on with what's happening today and you can't blame them.

Life goes on.

JoeyA

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't give Smorgie any rep today until I spread it around a little more.

But I can do this:

GREEN REP FOR SMORGIE!

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
I can't give Smorgie any rep today until I spread it around a little more.

But I can do this:

GREEN REP FOR SMORGIE!

My Green Rep (Fish) is bigger then your Green Rep (fish) -- naha nan-nah nah-nah!

GREEN REP FOR SMORGIE!

<Well, it's fatter anyway -- love yea Smorg!>

Last edited:
Reactions: JAM

Bob J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JoeyA Doug had a lot more than 32 friends. It's just that people have moved on with what's happening today and you can't blame them. Life goes on. JoeyA[/QUOTE said:
I'll come out of the AZB woodwork for this one. I've been staying away from the pool forums, in particular AZB, for the past year or two and just learned of Doug's passing tonight. Yes, Smorg had many more than 32 friends, (now 33), and I'm sure there will be more like me that weren't aware of his demise. Even though it's been awhile since he and I emailed back and forth, I'll miss him for a long time to come. This coming weekend I'm going back through some of those emails and in particular saved RSB posts from happier and friendlier times, and plan to enjoy them all over again.

My deepest, though belated condolences to Barb, and in particular to you Joey. I do know how close the two of you were.

Bob Johnson, Denver, CO

JoeyA

Silver Member
Smorgass Bored - THE FUNNIEST POSTER ON AZB.

Hi Bob!

It was nice to see your post and thanks for the mention about the link above. I just went back to that link to visit and noticed how many people had posted comments to that web page.

Doug shared his humor and friendship with lots of people.

For those of you who are so inclined, visit the web site above and leave a comment for Doug and Barb. A donation isn't necessary to leave a comment and Doug would understand you not donating (for whatever reason) but he really liked hearing from everyone and I'm sure he's "keeping an eye " on all of us now. :D

Bob, if you get a chance, maybe you could re-post one of your fondest RSB thread/post of Smorgass Bored.

Best Regards,

JoeyA

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
may be misleading

The comparatively few people posting comments may be misleading. My comments never appeared although they had no problem taking my donation! :D :D :D

Hu

Hi Bob!

It was nice to see your post and thanks for the mention about the link above. I just went back to that link to visit and noticed how many people had posted comments to that web page.

Doug shared his humor and friendship with lots of people.

For those of you who are so inclined, visit the web site above and leave a comment for Doug and Barb. A donation isn't necessary to leave a comment and Doug would understand you not donating (for whatever reason) but he really liked hearing from everyone and I'm sure he's "keeping an eye " on all of us now. :D

Bob, if you get a chance, maybe you could re-post one of your fondest RSB thread/post of Smorgass Bored.

Best Regards,

JoeyA

BrandyWine

Mike's Better Half
Silver Member
Click on link....add rep

Click Here

or Here

The hardest part about someone dying close to you is not the first or second month. It's usually 3-6 months later.

The little things that jarg your memory and you want to run tell that person something, or pick up the phone and call them, or call out their name with no response. It is not easy. It is a pain that each individual has to deal with on their own. Sadness, loneliness, guilt, anger, acceptance, forgiveness then moving on. It's a process.

You will not and are not expected to forget that person but someday you will go 24-48 hours without thinking of them. (And that is Okay!) Eventually (years later) you'll remember them just on certain occasions with fond memories and the pain will be less, I assure you.

A friend and I recently listened to a speaker talk who said death is not an end but a begining and that it is a process of life and that the spirt never truly dies. Our loved ones are just in the next room to us waiting for us to come in.

Barb if you are reading, there are some wonderful books available and I'm sure you will find all AZBers ready at your side should you need any assistance, please let us know.
Mike and Donna

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am thinking about Smorgie today. It is his birthday.

I still miss you Smorgie. This forum just doesn't rock and roll quite the same.

Save me a seat on the rail in Heaven. The angels must be having a blast with you in their midst! :grin-angelic:

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
I am thinking about Smorgie today. It is his birthday.

I still miss you Smorgie. This forum just doesn't rock and roll quite the same.

Save me a seat on the rail in Heaven. The angels must be having a blast with you in their midst! :grin-angelic:

Amen, Amen, and Amen! I'm looking up at yea and smiling my friend:rolleyes:

HappyBirthdayCake.jpg

smokey

let's roll
Silver Member
hey smorgie...

i just wanted to say 'hi' again.

i could write you a long letter here about my life since you left us, but here is not the right place. just know that i think of you often & still miss you.

all the best,
smokey

and for the first time in ever so long i will give rep again - and it is to you.

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
i just wanted to say 'hi' again.

i could write you a long letter here about my life since you left us, but here is not the right place. just know that i think of you often & still miss you.

all the best,
smokey

and for the first time in ever so long i will give rep again - and it is to you.

Smorg works in wonderful ways. I had one of "those" days where people were just being rude and unkind for some reason. Not to me in particular, but to others. I interjected with a bit of Smorgeske humor and the fuse went out instantly. Love you Doug!

Smokey -- we've never met but I like you man!

Bob