Royce Bunnell Of OB Cues Has Passed Away - RIP

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I wish I would have met Royce. From the stories I have read hear today it sounds like he was a great friend and a person. God speed Royce and positive thoughts to his family.

TorranceChris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My deepest condolences to Royce's family and friends. Can someone please post his AZBilliards handle name so that I might read his postings to learn more of him ?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This came as a total shock to me. Royce was a young and energetic soul who brought passion and integrity to the billiard industry. He made so many friends in his years with us for his kindness, respect and knowledge. This is a huge loss for all of us and so unexpected. It reminds me of when we lost Jerry Franklin years ago. He was also young, energetic and well respected by everyone who met him.

I spoke with Royce only a couple of weeks ago about my OB cue that I sent for repairs. What a super cool guy he was. Royce was a great innovator of new products and designs and moved the cue making industry forward. I'm shocked and sad that my friend is gone. Life isn't fair sometimes.

I can imagine how devastating this is for Royce's family and my heart goes out to them. They should only know how highly regarded Royce was.

I can but second Jay's terrific comments. How sad.

plane_o

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am deeply saddened by the loss of Royce. He will be truly missed. I will always cherish the memories of the many years I spent in his company. R.I.P. Royce...

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
My deepest condolences to Royce's family and friends. Can someone please post his AZBilliards handle name so that I might read his postings to learn more of him ?

Royce Bunnell"s AZ name was RBC.

..Here is a nice jump shot he did...
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=...RmiA3DXM_e0iE24vw&sig2=TevcmbwIl0D41xowylOpNA

..and here is an interview by Justin Collett from TAR...
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=...Wstoq3VIjUlxkTbhg&sig2=m9wIEov-BXQo08VhkAC5bg

TorranceChris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

pooladdict

no doubt about it
Silver Member
Sad and shocking news. I met him when I was in Vegas for the US Open 10ball in 2010 or 2011. At the time I was playing with an OB cue - luckily I still have it. Royce went out of his way to make me feel welcome - a true gentleman. RIP

Bella Don't Cry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A great guy who always spoke passionately about his company, his products and his industry. I will also miss our conversations at SBE. Rest In Peace Royce.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very sad to read this news. May his family and loved ones be comforted during this time, and may he rest in peace.

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was saddened to hear this. Royce brought many good things to the pool community. He was taken away far too soon.

spliced

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Royce was always a very nice guy to talk to and was full of knowledge and great info about my favorite subject..pool cues! He was a great guy and Im very sad to see him go. He will be missed! Best wishes and condolences to his family and his company. I hope OB will continue to grow and prosper as they are an asset to pool in the usa.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow...this is incredibly sad news. I've known Royce for many years, and he was always a breath of fresh air in the billiards industry! I would see and speak with Royce several times a year at different events. He will be greatly missed by his friends and family. RIP Royce...:(

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com