Minor Update to Hagan - Phenolic Bumper

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My rubber bumper broke, and none of the ones I have fit well very well, so I made one that fits perfect and is more durable. Losing a bit of vibration dampening, but gaining feedback, tone and style!!

IMG_20180105_151801_877.jpg

IMG_20180105_151801_879.jpg

IMG_20180105_151801_880.jpg

IMG_20180105_151801_881.jpg

IMG_20180105_151801_882.jpg

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Nce job. For my personal tastes though I'd shorten the bumper length by half.. Maybe cutting some thin sheet rubber to make a washer to put underneath may also help with the dampening.

Nuts4Tascarellas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Phenolic

I make phenolic bumpers for a lot of my cues. I love the increased sensation and tone. I'm looking for some phenolic in that color. Shoot me a pm if you want to sell some.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The color of new bumper suits to this beautifull cue just perfectly. Well done.

Last edited:

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nce job. For my personal tastes though I'd shorten the bumper length by half.. Maybe cutting some thin sheet rubber to make a washer to put underneath may also help with the dampening.

Yeah, I thought about that, but I don't mind the extra protection. Can always make more. I think the third picture shown, it's not screwed in all the way, so it looks longer than it really is once tightened.

Looks like a brown KU bumper almost. My pics are pretty crap, should update them.

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Phenolic bumper

I bought a phenolic bumper some time ago and ended up with one that was way too short and couldn’t use it on my cue. The seller realized later he made a mistake and sent me a longer one at no charge.

In the meantime I took an old rubber bumper and cut it in half, put it in first and then the short phenolic bumper on top and screwed it in. Works and feels better than a solid phenolic set up. Still has a little vibration dampening due to the rubber but the cue hits and plays more like a one piece cue.

I just could not get used to just the solid phenolic bumper but this is a nice compromise.

Superiorduper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That looks awesome. Nicely done.

Does doing this just change the tone of the cue? I’m assuming it resonates more? Is it different than having no bumper at all?

Thanks.