8-Ball League Stats Software

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
I figured the AZ community would be able to help me with this. At my pool hall they have been using a proprietary software to track the stats in their three weekly 8-ball leagues. Their computer crashed, and the person who wrote the program never kept a copy, so it is essentially gone forever.

The program would allow the entering of all of the match scores of all the players (usually around 40) and then would output the results into Excel. Stats included:

Won/Lost records for each player.
Winning percentage for each player
Total points for each player (based on 0-15)
Number of weeks played
Raw average (based on 5 matches per night, total points divided by 5)

The room owners send me the Excel spread sheets and I convert them to PDF and post them to the web site. I can provide examples if necessary.

Does any of you know of a software available that can provide this functionality? This is a completely blind item for me.

Thanks for any and all input.

-dj

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
PoolLeaguesOfAmerica.com

I figured the AZ community would be able to help me with this. At my pool hall they have been using a proprietary software to track the stats in their three weekly 8-ball leagues. Their computer crashed, and the person who wrote the program never kept a copy, so it is essentially gone forever.

The program would allow the entering of all of the match scores of all the players (usually around 40) and then would output the results into Excel. Stats included:

Won/Lost records for each player.
Winning percentage for each player
Total points for each player (based on 0-15)
Number of weeks played
Raw average (based on 5 matches per night, total points divided by 5)

The room owners send me the Excel spread sheets and I convert them to PDF and post them to the web site. I can provide examples if necessary.

Does any of you know of a software available that can provide this functionality? This is a completely blind item for me.

Thanks for any and all input.

-dj

DJ:

Why not try PoolLeaguesOfAmerica.com? This is an excellent web portal for hosting your entire league on, players and league operators/administrators included. It has all the features you mentioned above, and more -- including manual or automatic player handicap adjustments, ball spots (i.e. "if the difference in skill between the two opponents is 'x' or more, the lesser-skilled player gets a ball spot"), graphs/pie charts/heuristics/statistics out-the-wazoo, etc. The players in the league itself can view his/her statistics (or that of any other player/team) at any time, adjustable by you.

Check it out:

http://PoolLeaguesOfAmerica.com/

There's sample leagues there that you can view the statistics for, see the look and feel of, view player statistics for, etc.

It's extremely customizable, with a separate administration portal for league operators to input daily/weekly scores, make player adjustments, keep track of league fees, etc.

Give it a spin. I think you'll like it!
-Sean

P.S.: I can hook you up with the mastermind behind this site, if you want a one-on-one chat with him. Just let me know.

Winston846

Aspiring 14.1 Player
Silver Member
Web based is the way to go.

But it's possible the pool hall may not have internet access. There's a few in my area that don't.

If that's the case, and you're looking for something simple (not too complex or expensive) that just runs on a standalone PC like you had before, give me a shout. I could whip something up (DOS, Windows, or even Linux-based) probably pretty much like what you had before - or something totally new.

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
Stand Alone

The Owners of Crown Billiards want a stand-alone app that runs on Windows. they do not want to do a web based hosted solution.

The one they lost enabled them to create the schedule. Once is was created, the software set up the matches for the teams automatically each week. All they had to do was enter the Scores of the matches and the program did the rest. Output of the stats can be seen here:

http://bayareacrownbilliards.com/leagues.html

pjwoolw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There isn't much out there. League Manager (click here) is the only one I could find that is stand alone. But that is allot of money for league software. But when your the only game in town...... Seems to me a web based product would be ideal. But I don't know their reasoning. I'll ask them this afternoon.

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
There isn't much out there. League Manager (click here) is the only one I could find that is stand alone. But that is allot of money for league software. But when your the only game in town...... Seems to me a web based product would be ideal. But I don't know their reasoning. I'll ask them this afternoon.

Thanks, Pete, I just emailed Russ and Kevin and sent them the link.

I see you are in SR, you play at Crown?

-dj

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member
Thanks, Pete, I just emailed Russ and Kevin and sent them the link.

I see you are in SR, you play at Crown?

-dj

Sent you a pm David. Also for everybody to know, BCA already has the LeagueSys software that is either free or a small fee per year per player and it is awesome. Can be customized, you can print the score sheets with the games and players names and all. Would be nice if Bill or Holly could chime in on this.

Holly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Leaguesys

CSI implemented for its BCAPL and USAPL league operators and managers the LeagueSys online software.
www.leaguesys.net

It is a web-based service that provides operators with tools to manage their league operations. If your league is BCAPL sanctioned contact CSI to request a UserName and Password. Two packages are available:

Operator's Package:

Free - All BCAPL League Operators and USAPL League Managers can use the Operators Package at no cost for sanctioned division play.
No More submitting League Stats Reports by Mail - All stats are automatically filed with Nationals..
Run your League your Way - No changes on how you run your league.
Ready - All existing League Player information for your league is ready for your use.
Easy - Form navigation is a simple point and click.
· Forms presented in a top-down structure.
· On-Line Help.
Secure - Only you or who you authorize can login.
· Password protected
· Only you can see the reports and print them.
· Option to show player's partial name to protect your players identification.
Complete - All the tools required to manage your league are included.
Game Features - All types of game formats
· Multiple scoring methods
· Three methods of handicapping
· Career stats carried forward
· Whole or Decimal Numbers displayed
Standard Report Features - A complete set of reports
· Division Schedules - see the session in a snap shot.
· Team Rosters - captains, members, house subs
· Team Standings - 17 different ways
· Player Stats by Rank - 10 different ways
· Player Stats by Team - Stats grouped by team
· Player Information - locate players when necessary

The Player's Package: All Features in the Operators Package and More...

Web Site - Your own League web site for your players
Control - You decide what is seen on the web
Real-Time - No posting of stats. All posting of information is automatic. A real money saver.
Expansion - Improved services to more league players
Efficient - No duplication of effort or communications
Already have a Website? - use our special links and link up with us!
Deluxe Reports - in addition to Standard Reports...
· This Week - Matches to play this week
· Team History - Team analysis chart
· Team Calendar - for the refrigerator
· Division History - a blast from the past
· Completed Score Sheets - with detailed results
· Current Match Score Sheets - blank, printable score sheets with team member names and current handicaps
· Location of Match - with a map from MapQuest
More Game Format Options - Got a format we do not support? We will and can!
Financial Management - the information is available, let's put to use!
· Weekly Fees Paid and UnPaid
· BCA/League Fees
· What weeks did a player not pay?
Subscription Fee - 25¢ per player per week played in a division. No Play, No Pay - Try before you buy.
No charge for USAPL sanctioned divisions.

If you are a sanctioned BCAPL league, whether travel or in-house this is the software to use. It updates directly to our system making your life easier and saves you tremendous time.

All the best,
Holly