New Here? - Introduce Yourself

M.Ghost

]Hey guys, I've played pool for a few years, I learned most of my knowledge from my dad who was a road player, as well as a few books and watching professionals online. I'm young, love the sport and am thrilled to see a growing trend of interest in pocket billiards, and hope I have many years to contribute.

Viix

Registered
Hi folks, from central Wisconsin here. My wife is quite good at pool and has played with her parents since childhood. I'm trying to up my game so I can make a good partner for her. I gotta say there is nothing like watching my wife put a hurting on unsuspecting self proclaimed pool sharks.

Djunior23

Hey I'm Dave. I've been shooting pool a little while just starting get to take it seriously. I've been lurking around here for a few years. It's nice to finally be a member.

scrubo

Registered
New here

live in Texarkana Texas, I own an old Huebler cue (one of the cheap ones) and a one of a kind Prather cue. He sent me a certificate of Authenticity proclaiming it to be a one off cue.

Anyhow I play on a local league, I'm really just an average player, but glad to be here.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New member here

Hey folks, my first name is Jeff and I live in North Alabama (Florence).

Like many others I have not played in years but have got the itch to play again.

Like a lot of people my need for advice on cues and tables brought me to your site in hope of gaining some information and maybe meet a few local players to hit-em around with at some point.

Also, I have to say that pool in general has changed since I stopped years ago. It seems that the focus has shifted from "action / gambling" to a casual "past-time".

At one time in my life it would have been tough to play pool regular without the action of money on the line but now I am actually looking forward to playing just to play. I hope that my interest will remain high without the need for gambling. In the past (years ago) if gambling was not included my interest in the game died rather fast......I always hated that.

I have questions about cues and tables. I think this section is just for introductions so I will post my questions in another thread.

TheRAKE

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another newbie intro... typical "I used to play before" story. Just getting back into playing a few games here and there in the last week.

Denver area so I will be roaming around just practicing shots for a couple hundred hours to get my stroke back.

Attachments

• 20160611_195152.jpg
    20160611_195152.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 993

boosaboos

Registered
Hey guys! New here!
A little bit about myself. My name is Tim.
Born and raised in the Philippines, moved to Canada when I was 18 (currently living here too)
Started playing seriously when I was 13 til I was about 18.
Focused on music and stopped playing pool for the last 10 years.
I'm 28 now and I just started playing pool seriously again.
Re-learning and re-loving the game.
I'm here so I could learn more!

Last edited:

9Ballz

Registered
Almost new

From Ontario. The usual story just getting back into the game. Having a blast and need to get some serious practice time in.

goombavskoopa

Registered
Hey Guys

Hey all!

I'm Dave. I'm an amateur pool player from central CT. I've played in APA and other random tournaments and really enjoy the game. I'm committed to making myself better so that I can play competitively. Love this site and all the information. It's good that as pool players we all have a place to come together to chat and keep up with the game.

RedBowTies88

Registered
Hi everyone, been lurking for a while and just decided to start posting.

I just started playing last fall in my local bar to bar "league" and I've been having a ton of fun despite getting my ass kicked regularly. I just last week picked up a table for my basement and I'm hoping with the added practice ability that I'll be much better before the next league season starts in the fall.

I'm using 2 hand-me-down cues currently from my father,

"Meucci" Maximum Max-3. Unfortunately the factory shaft has a good warp in it so I picked up a Meucci pro shaft from bob himself at the valley forge billiards expo recently. It's very light but I've never actually weighed it. Probably about 18oz.

Mohawk cue that originally belonged to my late grandfather. It's very slightly heavier maybe closer to 19oz and has a 3/8x10 modified pin with a conical taper shaft. I use this for the backup. It's going to need a new tip very shortly.

The table I bought is a vintage United Billiards out of Union NJ 8' single piece slate bar table. It's the only 8' bar table I've ever seen that I can remember. Pretty cool and I like that it's made here in NJ.

Looking forward to learning everything I can.

Thanks,
Beech.

Craig Fales

Registered bubinga user
Silver Member
]Hey guys, I've played pool for a few years, I learned most of my knowledge from my dad who was a road player, as well as a few books and watching professionals online. I'm young, love the sport and am thrilled to see a growing trend of interest in pocket billiards, and hope I have many years to contribute.

So who's your dad??

kora636

Registered
Hi, im from SoCal orange county im still learning how to play any tips are welcome

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Bigredford4me

Registered
Ah yes-another newbie. Begin shooting pool in the early 80's. When kids where born I stopped shooting around 1998. Kids recently showed a interest in shooting pool. About a month ago I purchased a nice Olhausen for the basement. Was really surprised at how much things have changed in the pool industry. I was really surprised at how pool table materials have changed from all wood construction being the norm back in the day. I'm hoping one day to get all three of my kids a McDermott D series to remember me by. I bought my first D series in 1988. I'm really impressed with the knowledge to be found on this site. I'm from Central Wisconsin and work at a food plant. I've shot pool all over the US and England. Hello!

Mr. C

Registered
Birmingham, AL area

Hello to the pool-shooting masses.

We were fortunate enough to have a table growing up and played purely for fun. After serving in the military, college, career, marriage, kids ... I have only played a few times a year when visiting home.

My dad's 1993 7' Valley Co-Op table has recently been passed to me. The table itself is in decent shape, but could stand a re-freshening. I'm probably going to start a thread on my efforts for any that may be interested.

-Dinos-

Registered
Greetings to my fellow pool brothers.

I am a passionate 28 years old pool lover from Greece. Started with 8ball for fun when 16, took a long break due to studies and for the last five years i have been working hard to perfect my 9ball game. What was once a "game" is now a sport..

Great site with tons of useful information for anyone interested in pool and/or in cueing arts in general.

See you around!

mrwks

Hello fellow pool junkies! I broke the rule by posting before I introduced myself.. (shame on me) but I have been a long time lurker, enjoying reading interesting discussions and clicking valuable links the past couple of years, so thanks for that. Anyways, I now want to actively join the AZB online community and share my thoughts and appreciation once in a while. So here I am, over 10 years into the game and ADDICTED! I'm making as many hours on the table as possible and playing competitive as well. Started off with 8 and 9 ball, probably like most of us, but grew a liking for 10 ball and especially straight pool. However, since about a year 1 pocket has become my #1 choice of game to play. I just love the depth, the strategy, the patience and the skill that is required to play this game. Most people find it boring, but you can wake me up for a 1p game any time of day. It's the best game to challenge myself and to test my abilities. But enough about me, I'm excited to join you all, because I think pool is an amazing game that deserves much more credit than it gets at the moment. It's a game/sport with a relatively bad reputation and organization, but with so much potential (we can learn a lot from Asia). From the moment I started playing it has become one of my goals in life: to help grow the popularity game, even if it is just on a local level, and to make people enthousiastic about pool. Because what a great game it is!

Magnumsk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi All,

I'm from Los Angeles. I played pool a lot as a teen in the early 80s, but haven't for many years. Picking it back up again slowly. I don't have a cue at the moment, but I'm looking into what to get. I've gotten great help here so far. Thanks!

Pukka

Registered
Hustler Pukka's introduction.

Hi everyone: Feel younger than my 65 years. Live in a small town located in Northern Massachusetts, USA. Hustled pool over 45 years. Due to a serious motorcycle accident, was forced to quit playing for awhile. Recently purchased a new cue stick. Cuetec #99272. Awesome tool for the money! Played 22 games of 8-ball with it thus far. Won all but four. At a guess, I will shine with it tomorrow morning when another match begins.

Pukka

Registered
Hi Magnumsk: Check out Cuetec #99732. Very concentric. Smooth. Also check out my first post on here. Hustler Pukka's introduction.

Magnumsk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Magnumsk: Check out Cuetec #99732. Very concentric. Smooth. Also check out my first post on here. Hustler Pukka's introduction.

Thanks for the recommendation. Did you mean a 99273 for me to look at? I couldn't find a Cuetec 99732.