Video - ???? - Mike Sigel vs Allen Hopkins

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike was at his best then. I have those DVDs - Jay Helfert produced them I believe. That is when Mike was unbeatable in the finals.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I did produce those shows. There were three total matches we shot that day. It was the final day at the December 1987 Sands Regency Open. First match was Hopkins vs. Rosas, this was the second and Sigel vs. David Howard was the finals.

I hired a local video production crew to film it and we spent a day or two prepping them for the match. My good friend Nick Pawl was the director, and he knew pool! Pat Fleming and I did the commentary. This is the show that got Pat interested in taping pool matches. The next big tournament was the Rack'em Up Classic in South Carolina in January, and Pat called me and asked if I wanted to fly back there and tape the final day with him. I chose not to and he did it without me. The rest is history...and Accu-Stats Video Productions!

Twenty years later and I'm trying to get a job with Pat doing commentary. :D

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you look carefully, you can see Pat and I at the far left side of the podium. What a great view we had to do commentary! Now they stick me in a booth a mile away from the table or in a studio watching monitors. Go figure!

The only guy who still gets it right is Pat Fleming with his Accu-Stats tapes. We always have a good look at the table and the players.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
The other voices you hear are David Howard talking to T.D. Doug Klisch, who are sitting next to us.

I think that's Walter Glass referring.

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am going to be like Jay in the furure!!! :D Jay, you have been EVERYWHERE and know all humans in the pool world! I have a cool old 1 pocket match you were "MC'in" with Danny D, and Ronnie Allen for the big cheese! the played on a beautiful old table that was fast as baby oil on marble down hill! I watched that match like 20 times before I ever saw you posting here! I finally put the face with the name :D

keep up the good work!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
what happened to this match? iv tried to find it online and can't find it nowhere

You can get copies of all three of these matches on my website, jayhelfert.com. I do own the rights to these matches, but it seems impossible to stop people from putting them on youtube. It's a lot nicer to watch them on your big screen TV though!

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
I did produce those shows. There were three total matches we shot that day. It was the final day at the December 1987 Sands Regency Open. First match was Hopkins vs. Rosas, this was the second and Sigel vs. David Howard was the finals.

I hired a local video production crew to film it and we spent a day or two prepping them for the match. My good friend Nick Pawl was the director, and he knew pool! Pat Fleming and I did the commentary. This is the show that got Pat interested in taping pool matches. The next big tournament was the Rack'em Up Classic in South Carolina in January, and Pat called me and asked if I wanted to fly back there and tape the final day with him. I chose not to and he did it without me. The rest is history...and Accu-Stats Video Productions!

Twenty years later and I'm trying to get a job with Pat doing commentary. :D

Hey Jay, I'll put in a good word for ya !

Happy New Year

Scaramouche

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do own the rights to these matches, but it seems impossible to stop people from putting them on youtube. !

Always glad to help you protect your stuff by tipping you off when it shows up on youtube. :D
After I've watched it, of course.

It's the BBC knocking snooker off youtube that annoys me. :angry:
A nonprofit organization shouldn't be so vindictive.