smoking or no smoking

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Smoking.....................

Is smoking allowed inside your pool hall?
It is but only for about another month. The owners are going non-smoking but with a patio/smoke-hole. Fewer and fewer people smoke and i think it will be great. Smoke doesn't bother me(ex-cigar guy) but it will be nice leaving and not smelling like and ashtray. Non-smoking with some sort of patio is the way to go if you can swing it.

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
It is but only for about another month. The owners are going non-smoking but with a patio/smoke-hole. Fewer and fewer people smoke and i think it will be great. Smoke doesn't bother me(ex-cigar guy) but it will be nice leaving and not smelling like and ashtray. Non-smoking with some sort of patio is the way to go if you can swing it.

I couldn't agree more. As a non-smoker I can't tolerate the smoke that I have to deal with at pool leagues. Luckily my one league (14.1) is played at a bowling alley that is totally smoke free. I love it.

Some places in my 2 8-ball leagues are so smoking that I have been threatening to quit for a few years now. It does seem as though there are getting to be less smokers in the world. Thanks God for that.

Kevin

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
You can't smoke anywhere outdoors and only in small areas of a patio in the Beautiful Downtown Burbank area.

You can't smoke anywhere outdoors or indoors in a public place like a pool room in the City of Calabasas just North of LA LA Land.

PS: If Room owners still allow smoking then they should install electronic air cleaners in a number of places to keep the air decent. In Grand Junction, Colorado we had a unit above each set of bowling lanes and you could not tell anyone was smoking.

Last edited:

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our's are smoker friendly. Since the smoking law allows any place that's 21 and older we are 21 and older

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I prefer non smoking as I have had bad experience when smoking was allowed. The smoke was so thick in the room I actually left because I was having trouble breathing.That was also the last time I went to a pool hall when it was packed with teenagers and young adults.

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
Smoking is banned in St. Louis City and County and multiple smaller cities around the state of MO. Our business went up dramatically after smoking was banned. Three of our competitors got temporary exemptions and all of them went under. Less people smoke than ever.

Robert.Beak

Registered
I am against smoking and cigarettes! I think it is sports. Sports are healthy. There is no place for murderers! No cigarettes, hookahs, vapes, iqos!

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
Smoking? Burn marks all over that place. Besides, it stinks, take it outside.

Drew79

Unfortunately the local hall I used to go to (Green Room in Fredericksburg, VA) didn't survive the pandemic and closed for good. Smoking was not allowed in the building. There are two other halls that are still operating but have installed just enough air filtration to meet code, but not to really keep up with the smoke. I am former smoker and occasional cigar smoker and don't begrudge anyone who wants to partake, but after an hour me and my buddy had to call it quits - I wanted to burn all of my clothes after getting out of there.

mrpiper

Registered
My vision is for a room like the local "Red Lobster" building where you walk into a lobby and there is a room on the left and a room on the right. One is smoking and one is non. Both are closed doors so no cross over smoke. It offers the additional revenue opportunity of high end cigar sales in addition to food and bar revenue IMHO. I have never seen such a set up in person but it seems friendly to all concerned with added income. Here in Georgia, (at least in my town) smoking indoors is still allowed in bars, and this set up would qualify.

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
3 of us in the late 80s had a chance to buy a building already set to have half the bar alc., other side non-alc. Lots of room outside for bar sports.
Steak place got the bid.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like non smoking.
And I'm a smoker.
If smoking was allowed in the pool room I would just smoke more.
I smoke less because I have to go outside.
The only problem with going out side is that the room is 1 1/2 blocks from a major road that is littered with the homeless and they sometimes hang in the parking lot and mooch.
Fuking vermin.