Peter Vitalie pool table

Vitalie tables are IMO the finest furniture style tables on the market. They are rock solid, extremely well made, and the cushions play accurately. The pockets are a bit more generous than a Gold Crown or Diamond but they could always be shimmed to play tighter. If I were in the market for a very well made furniture style table I would have no problem with a Vitalie table over a similar Brunswick, or A. E. Schmidt table.

xxxbilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Billiard Hall filled with Peter V's

I have in the past used Peter V's in my pool room and have the best expience re tables from. Classy, cool, modern, practical, easy to work on, good looks, etc, etc,
One of the best tables if you can afford, my favor......."Lord Nelson"
That was my baby!!!!!!
Good luck, you will not regret owning one or more :wink::wink::grin-square::smile::smile:

Willy H :clapping:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I agree that they might be the best made of all "antique" replica tables. I had a friend with one in his home that we used to play on all the time. The pockets had been shimmed and it was a tough table to play on. But we played Banks, so I killed anyway. :cool:

The owners of this company are serious about making good playing tables. Gil Atkisson was a pretty good shortstop himself once upon a time. We gambled a little many, many years ago before there ever was a Vitalie table.

Last edited:

Over 40

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had one for 7yrs,great table..pockets are alittle bit big..Cant go wrong with one.

Glacier

Peter Vitalie was making pool tables in CA for 18 years before moving to Rosman, NC. They started the Sterling Billiard company to make a commercial table and mid-low end tables to compete with the mid-low end market. Peter Vitalie Billiard company has always made Peter Vitalie tables, not Sterling. Although I have nothing good to say about Gill or Andy. We did make the best tables.

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member
When I lived in NC I went by there on occasion for some of their scrap wood. Burned great in my fireplace :grin:

If I were to buy a NEW table it would be a Vitalie

Arlene

Registered
I have one. It is the "Le Meiux". Nice solid playing table. I had the pockets shimmed and had simonis cloth put on. Plays great! This particular table I acquired was actually in the Move "Kiss Shot" starring Whopi Goldberg.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Somebody on my listserv is advertising a Peter Vitalie 8-foot table for $750. What do you think? Good deal? You have pay to move it and pay to set it back up. That's a big expense too. Is this table an antique?

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/hsh/6237589323.html

Keith must have played on one of those at some point, I know I have seen those tables used in pro competition back when ESPN was showing pool on TV.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Somebody on my listserv is advertising a Peter Vitalie 8-foot table for $750. What do you think? Good deal? You have pay to move it and pay to set it back up. That's a big expense too. Is this table an antique?

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/hsh/6237589323.html

It's not an antique. Keith did play on these tables before at the Peter Vitalie Invitational at the Biltmore Hotel in Los Angeles. They were the tightest tournament tables ever used, maybe a little too tight.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Here is one table mechanic's opinion about various brands including Peter Vitalie.
http://www.mainehomerecreation.com/product-reviews/

Looked at that list years ago, they're full of shit. First off, no mention of Diamond, Second....a Brunswick medalist is a real quality built pool table??? Really???....its a piece of crap, no frame to speak of what-so-ever, and no way to level the frame in a commercial environment....except by stacking shims up under the leg pedestals!!

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Looked at that list years ago, they're full of shit. First off, no mention of Diamond, Second....a Brunswick medalist is a real quality built pool table??? Really???....its a piece of crap, no frame to speak of what-so-ever, and no way to level the frame in a commercial environment....except by stacking shims up under the leg pedestals!!

"
Diamond

DiamondAlthough overshadowed still by Brunswick and the Gold Crown, Diamond builds the best commercial tables on the market. They use a 4 bolt rail and now use a 1 pc slate making moving them into pool halls and setting them up simpler. Diamond smart tables are the best table currently made for the coin industry although on both of these fronts the pricing of their tables is a downfall. The other major downfall with these is the lack of dealer friendliness. There is no real dealer discount on Diamonds as opposed to other brands, making lack of customer service via dealers difficult. Older Diamond commercial tables are nice although slightly flawed in their design, employing a 4 bolt rail system however 1 bolt per side rail lined up with the slate seam making it essentially useless. Diamond Also made a line of home tables and while the overall quality is good, the retail pricing for what you were getting was outrageous. The home tables are worth around $200 - $500 each, older Diamond commercial tables can go as high as $1500 and the newer 1 pc slate tables in good condition can sell as high as $2500."

realkingcobra

Silver Member
"
Diamond

DiamondAlthough overshadowed still by Brunswick and the Gold Crown, Diamond builds the best commercial tables on the market. They use a 4 bolt rail and now use a 1 pc slate making moving them into pool halls and setting them up simpler. Diamond smart tables are the best table currently made for the coin industry although on both of these fronts the pricing of their tables is a downfall. The other major downfall with these is the lack of dealer friendliness. There is no real dealer discount on Diamonds as opposed to other brands, making lack of customer service via dealers difficult. Older Diamond commercial tables are nice although slightly flawed in their design, employing a 4 bolt rail system however 1 bolt per side rail lined up with the slate seam making it essentially useless. Diamond Also made a line of home tables and while the overall quality is good, the retail pricing for what you were getting was outrageous. The home tables are worth around $200 - $500 each, older Diamond commercial tables can go as high as $1500 and the newer 1 pc slate tables in good condition can sell as high as $2500."

Joey, why can't you at least ONCE know what you're talking about, repeating what they posted about Diamond don't make them any smarter about pool tables, and you fall right in with that BS...LMAO Diamond has NEVER had a rail bolt lining up with the seam of the slates....LOL a 4 bolt rail system don't even come close. And a used 1 piece slate commercial table can go for as high as $2500????...LMFAO....where are YOU getting your pricing from....out of thin air? Not even a used 7ft sells that cheap. Pricing is their downfall? Are they smoking crack? Diamond has a waiting list back order of about 600 tables as it is right now, sales are through the roof, and prices are increasing....what in the hell downfall are THEY talking about? Keep in mind, Diamond sells pool tables around the world, and are NOT waiting on customers like YOU to place an order for a new.pool table, providing they'll price the table.low enough for you to buy it....they don't need you to be a customer on that basis, they already have plenty of customers in line ahead of you with cash in hand....ROTFLMAO

You copy and past this shit like there's some kind of credibility to it because someone said so, and therefore that gives you some kind of credibility too....LOL

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Joey, why can't you at least ONCE know what you're talking about, repeating what they posted about Diamond don't make them any smarter about pool tables, and you fall right in with that BS...LMAO Diamond has NEVER had a rail bolt lining up with the seam of the slates....LOL a 4 bolt rail system don't even come close. And a used 1 piece slate commercial table can go for as high as $2500????...LMFAO....where are YOU getting your pricing from....out of thin air? Not even a used 7ft sells that cheap. Pricing is their downfall? Are they smoking crack? Diamond has a waiting list back order of about 600 tables as it is right now, sales are through the roof, and prices are increasing....what in the hell downfall are THEY talking about? Keep in mind, Diamond sells pool tables around the world, and are NOT waiting on customers like YOU to place an order for a new.pool table, providing they'll price the table.low enough for you to buy it....they don't need you to be a customer on that basis, they already have plenty of customers in line ahead of you with cash in hand....ROTFLMAO

You copy and past this shit like there's some kind of credibility to it because someone said so, and therefore that gives you some kind of credibility too....LOL
Hey Glen, grow a brain.
I only pasted that and they are in quotation marks.

You said they don't mention Diamond.
I posted that because you missed it .

Nothing in there was any of my opinion. And I did not have any opinion from what they wrote in their site.

Damn, you are one dumb ahole. And you sure like being an ahole.
Oh yeah, you're welcome in pointing out they actually have something about Diamond in their site.
The one you missed.
Yeah, lol this loi that .
You act like a freaking 12-yr old zit-faced pr!ck.

Last edited: