Moori vs. Talisman vs. Kamui

gmcole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1..Everest
2. Kamui
3. Moori
4. Talisman
That's how I rank them but....Tips are very, very subjective.
thanks-jeff

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
gmcole said:
1..Everest
2. Kamui
3. Moori
4. Talisman
That's how I rank them but....Tips are very, very subjective.
thanks-jeff

Given your choice of the 3 tips...I rank them same as gmcole. I too would also have to "write in" the fine Everest tip at the very top of the list.:smile:

KOINNKID

Troy
Silver Member
Kamui
Wizard

Those are the only tips I use. I can't wait to try the Kamui Blacks when they come out.

VietSoClassic

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kamui
Kamui
Kamui

LOL

I basically use all Kamui Tips
Hard to break
Medium to play carom
Soft to play pool

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Currently using Talisman med on my Schon shafts and OB 1. Quite happy with
the Talisman.
Not overly impressed with Moori. Always liked the Everest, have one on the Sly. Have some Wizards coming from Troy and know I will like them as well.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blue Hog ridr said:
Currently using Talisman med on my Schon shafts and OB 1. Quite happy with
the Talisman.
Not overly impressed with Moori. Always liked the Everest, have one on the Sly. Have some Wizards coming from Troy and know I will like them as well.

finally someone else that thinks talisman tips are pretty good

BlowFish

Pinoy D-Player
Silver Member
1. SuperPro
2. Moori Quick (pre-Moori III)
3. Kamui Hard (pre-Kamui II)
4. Talisman WB Hard
5. Molavia Hard

These are the tips I will trust and play with.

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
Mostly depends on what kind of cue/ferrule I'm using, and what I want to get out of it. But in general, here's my choices:
1..Everest
2. BlackJack
3. Talisman wb
4. Moori

Can't say about Kamui, the only one I ever had on anything, came off during a game and never showed back up. First rack.

Sneakypete05

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Molavia

Whats the opinion of Molavia tips? I put on a soft, played with it every day for a week (mostly one pocket), only slight mushroomig. Now it plays more like a medium.

si_eja

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have tried Moori and Kamui..
Currently playing with Kamui Med.
Curious with Molavia actually..

SK Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Milk tips!

Layered tips are not bad, but try a milk soaked, compressed Elk Master or Triangle! They're grrrreeaat!

I have personally used Talisman and I think they are not at the top. I have used just about all the rest too and like any product by Tiger as well as Wizard. Super pro's are a genuinely good tip as well. Very hard though, Hercules is another worth mentioning here. They have a new 23 layer pigskin and 23 layer WB available at Cue Components I ordered recently.

Can't wait to try em. Normal WB tips are good too. So are Triumph tips they have their own fibre backing pad and are cheap too.

As they come, right out of the box, I would have to say, Elk Master or Triangles are my favorite grippers of the cue ball. Soaked in milk and compressed for 24 hours make them all the more better. Can't be reproduced in any layering method.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
KOINNKID said:
Kamui
Wizard

Those are the only tips I use. I can't wait to try the Kamui Blacks when they come out.

I played with a friends Kamui Black the other day he just had it put on his cue-WOW, I absolutely despise layered tips, and 314 shafts arnt my favorite, but together it was a great combo for sure, If it dosent get hard/glaze ofer etc but stays like it is-I love it. I used it the night it was new it was like 5 minutes new, that was 3 or 4 days ago I will report back in a few weeks about how its holding up, its real black too(kinda cool)