>>>>Accu-Stats 8-Ball Invitational<<<<

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
UPDATE;

Line up for 8-ball event is official !

It is now OFFICIAL - the votes are in and have been tabulated.
All the players have been contacted and invited.
All the players HAVE accepted.

The Accu-Stats Make It Happen 8-Ball lineup is:

Efren Reyes
Shane Van Boening
Darren Appleton
Johnny Archer
Alex Pagulayan
Corey Deuel.

-----------------------------------Great picks from the supporters IMO ! zilla

News from Pat Fleming !
-----------------------------------------------------
Accu-Stats 8-Ball Invitational
YOU can “Make It Happen”
Hi,
This link introduces you to Accu-Stats’ “Make it Happen” event, a Professional Tournament in the discipline of 8-Ball. Accu-Stats loves 8-Ball as evidenced by its very successful 2001 8-Ball Invitational.
It’s now eleven years later, and there are still no plans by any major promoter or sponsor to bring 8-Ball to the viewers.
That is where YOU come in.
Accu-Stats needs your support to “Make It Happen”. The 8-Ball Invitational will be held August 9-12, 2012 at the Accu-Stats Studio in Sandcastle Billiards, Edison, New Jersey, the new home of the Simonis Arena. The value of staging the event there is the TREMENDOUS savings on production costs.
YOU can “Make It Happen”. I am NOT asking for donations or sponsorships. What I am offering is a bundle of products and services with a retail value in excess of $450.00 at a special “Prepaid” price of $300.00.
Accu-Stats has always tried to be innovative and has ALWAYS put our customers first in product value and customer service.
Have I piqued your interest? If so, please continue for the “details” of this special offer.

An Accu-Stats “Make It Happen” Event

Six Players: Accu-Stats will invite six pro players as indicated by the total of YOUR votes. (More on this vote later) Inviting the top six players will guarantee that each match will be of “Finals” caliber.

The Format: 8-Ball – Round Robin – Each player will play five matches (one each against the other players)

Each Match: Race to 8 games – Alternate break – Arena shot clock

Prize Breakdown: The winner of each match will receive $1,000.00. Based on the total of 15 matches being played, the total prize fund will be $15,000.00

The invited players will incur no entry fee and Accu-Stats will pay for their travel and lodging expenses.

Accu-Stats will hire the professional production crew and be responsible for all of the associated production expenses.

That is the basis of the event. Now let me explain the two IMPORTANT points – your $300.00 and your VOTE.
What will you receive for your $300.00?
I know that would be MY biggest question. So here is what you will receive:
1)
All 15 DVD’s from this event (16 DVD’s if there is a playoff match)
2)
The 8-Ball Exhibition DVD between Brandon Shuff and Rodney Morris from the 2012 Derby City Classic (even if you change your mind)
3)
One “Live Pay-Per-View” Internet pass for the four day event OR if you attend the event, one VIP seat with a headset to listen to the commentary
4)
One Book: “Play Your Best 8-Ball” by Phil Capelle
5)
One 8 x 10 group photo of the six contestants, autographed by all, and thanking you for your support (a collector’s item)
6)
One “Shout Out” on air and listing in the closing credits of each DVD.
7)
One “I Made It Happen” top quality cotton T-shirt displaying the event, date, and the tournament contestants.
8)
And FINALLY – the VOTE. YOU vote for up to six players you wish to be in this event. We will tally all the votes and the six “Most Wanted” will be invited to compete in the round robin format.
Still interested? I sincerely hope so. Read on.

The Details
To be quite frank there is not enough industry support for events like this. It is imperative that YOU “Make It Happen”.
Accu-Stats needs at least 100 supporters to participate with a $300.00 package that I feel is worth much, much more.
A credit card or check is needed as a commitment, but the payment will NOT be processed until June 1, 2012. This is the date which confirms that the tournament will happen. You may also withdraw your support prior to that June 1 deadline.
If we do not reach our participation goal your check will be returned and no credit card charges will be processed.
I am very excited, and I hope I have conveyed that enthusiasm to you. Thank you for your time and support of pool and Accu-Stats.
Still interested? Want to know more? Have any questions? Please call me, Pat Fleming, at 800-828-0397. It would be nice to touch base with you personally.
Regards,
Pat Fleming
Accu-Stats Video Productions

---------------------------------------------------------
Sound interesting ?
Your thoughts.

Zilla
:cool:

Last edited:

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member
well, to paraphrase OMGWTF, that right there is a seriously, seriously, serious offer. Get the DVD's of the event + be able to watch it live, incredible.

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
Vote

Allow 3 or 4 votes for the player of choice. In the event player 1...player 2....decline for whatever reason. That way you can likely still cast a vote that gets your player.

Like so...

First choice - Allison
Second choice - Efren
Third...
Fourth...

billiardcue

11th Commandment
Silver Member
I spoke with Pat and signed up.

8 ball is my game of choice and nothing better than to see it played at world class level.

Here is a scan of a letter from Pat with a list of 34 players to vote on.

8 ball players.jpg

seussman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As long as this is played on a 9' table, and tight pockets,i'm interested.

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
All matches will be played in the ARENA on the 9 ft DIAMOND. Pat is making DVD's of all the matches so it is obvious it will be all in the ARENA !

Hence the field of 6 players. If there were 16 players it would take a month and the expenses would not be within reach of the plan Pat has set forth.

theeviltwin69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whats the rule going to be about CHOPPING.Is it going to be allowed or are there going to be ramifications?The last time we where asked for support for a tournament we did not even get a finals match!I for 1 will NOT be putting my money in unless I know I'm getting what I paid for.

incognito

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will any of the 15 DVDs from the event be player review DVDs? I particularly enjoy the accu-stats player review DVDs, and I don't know that accu-stats has ever done a player review DVD for 8-ball.

Who's going to be doing the commentary?

News from Pat Fleming !
-----------------------------------------------------
Accu-Stats 8-Ball Invitational
YOU can “Make It Happen”
Hi,
This link introduces you to Accu-Stats’ “Make it Happen” event, a Professional Tournament in the discipline of 8-Ball. Accu-Stats loves 8-Ball as evidenced by its very successful 2001 8-Ball Invitational....

What will you receive for your $300.00?
I know that would be MY biggest question. So here is what you will receive:
1)
All 15 DVD’s from this event (16 DVD’s if there is a playoff match)...

---------------------------------------------------------
Sound interesting ?
Your thoughts.

Zilla
:cool:

Razor

Lex Parsimoniae
Silver Member
Awesome News!

Just left a message for Pat, I'm in FOR SURE. Great concept, great venue, PLUS you get all the matches on high quality DVD's. Go back to YouTube and watch some 8-ball tournament matches. This is one of the best games to watch these guys play, IMHO. In my book, only second to one-pocket, which would be difficult or impossible in this round-robin format (I think ~ didn't think about that very long).

~Razor

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
Whats the rule going to be about CHOPPING.Is it going to be allowed or are there going to be ramifications?The last time we where asked for support for a tournament we did not even get a finals match!I for 1 will NOT be putting my money in unless I know I'm getting what I paid for.

Will any of the 15 DVDs from the event be player review DVDs? I particularly enjoy the accu-stats player review DVDs, and I don't know that accu-stats has ever done a player review DVD for 8-ball.

Who's going to be doing the commentary?

Good questions but........:shrug:

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I already signed up. I need to pick my players. As opposed to most, I would love to see Sigel play.

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why do you say opposed to others? I , also, would like to see Mike play. My other choices would be Shane B, Alex P, Thorsten, Ralph S, Johnny A, Mike Schmidt, Francisco B. Any six of these guys would make me happy.
I'm going to Sandcastle Thursday. I drop off my money. It seems like a lot, but if you consider everything: vip seats, dvds, book, as well as the other things it is a good value. I wanted to see the Celtics the last time they were in NJ. I wouldn't pay the money for one game at the same price it would cost me to see all 15 matches.

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I submitted my choices to Pat and Mike Sigel was on it. I too would like to see him play.

Glad to hear it. I submitted my choices yesterday and Sigel was on it. Maybe more people want him to play than I thought. I really hope he is on the final list.

Murdoch7627

Frank Reid aka "Fly Man"
Silver Member
Mr. Fleming's idea is great. The shot clock is way overdue for the men. This could be the start of a USA pro tour. With a good dress code it may be something that would interest national television. And we can be a part of the beginning. Thanks for the opportunity to let me say that I helped "Make It Happen". Count me in, Mr. Fleming.