Helmstetter ferrules

JUSTABANGER 2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know for sure what the older Helmstetter cues came out with for ferrules? I've had two guys tell me they were micarta. I myself kind of doubt it. But what do I know? When I put it up next to my old original Meucci Gambler they look identical in color. I'm just trying to figure out why this old cue hit so good. Thanks ahead of time for any input. JUSTABANGER

larrynj1

aka uncle larry
Silver Member
i have a few helmstetters circa 1983 that have a tan colored ferrule. i always thought it was micarta but was never sure.

Johnny9

Never say Never
Silver Member
Anyone know for sure what the older Helmstetter cues came out with for ferrules? I've had two guys tell me they were micarta. I myself kind of doubt it. But what do I know? When I put it up next to my old original Meucci Gambler they look identical in color. I'm just trying to figure out why this old cue hit so good. Thanks ahead of time for any input. JUSTABANGER

I think Micarta, but it does not matter to me. Helmstetter, is, and was, a genious scientifically speaking. Way underrated due to the fact they were made in Japan. What a shame! My 97-7 is the best hitting cue on the planet, and I am ashamed to say I had it for sale here not long ago.