Good place to play in Greenville SC?

pooljunkie75

Bruce Johnson
Silver Member
Hello all!! I will be in Greenville South Carolina for two weeks on business and need a place to play. Anyone know of a good pool hall or somewhere that has at least some nine footers around there?

Thanks
Bruce

edd

Trance Doc
Silver Member
Hello all!! I will be in Greenville South Carolina for two weeks on business and need a place to play. Anyone know of a good pool hall or somewhere that has at least some nine footers around there?

Thanks
Bruce

Grady Matthews has a place, stocked, to my knowledge, with Diamonds. Sorry don't know the name but you could IM him or Mike Gulyassy and they could give you the specifics.

danny turner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
poolrooms

easley sc which is about 15 miles from greenville, has 9 foot gold crowns,and tourn on monday and thursday at 8pm and saturday at 1pm.rainbow billiards, main street easley sc 864-855-3714.action available if requestd.

evanandpeaches

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was in Rainbow Billiards a couple weeks ago (in easley for business) I really like this place they have about 10 9 fts and 2 barboxes. It is very hard to get a 9ft table on the tourney nights so if your not playing in the tourney go in early. The fried bologna sandwich with tater tots is amazing. There arent many halls like this still open. Gradys place is outside of Columbia so its like a 2 hour drive from Greenville.

Mike Templeton

Confidence........
Silver Member
In Greenville, the best place to play is The Palace. I think it's on Airview Drive. If you get in there, tell Mike Sijon (the owner) I said hello.

The Rainbow is a great spot as well...

Mike

coop19772002

The GSBT
Silver Member
In Greenville, the best place to play is The Palace. I think it's on Airview Drive. If you get in there, tell Mike Sijon (the owner) I said hello.

Mike

Both places are great! The Palace has 9ft Gandys and they have leagues on certain nights! Very laid back place, no liquor just beer and wine and nice folks! The Rainbow is located in downtown Easley (actually where I grew up) on Main St. The cheeseburger may be the best in town so try it! Both owners are very nice and hospitable! Hope you enjoy your time in our stomping grounds!

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Mike

The Palace is the place to go in Greenville, alright!

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great info guys!! That helps a lot. What's the action like in these places?

Last I knew, Brian White hung at The Palace, among others. It's pretty much the place to go in the area for any action, these days. I haven't been there much myself recently as we've had car problems for a couple of years now. My disability went through in early Feb., and we bought another car, so I should get there more often now.
Anyway, just go in and mention to whoever is on the counter what you would be interested in doing and they could probably steer someone your way.