More elbow dropping nonsense

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
I never knew what they called that, till Neil just explained it. When I was in college I did a trick shot video for speech and Mike Masseys trick shot with the balls an inch or so apart and draw the CB back into the other corner to pocket the ball w/ a level stroke. Massey did it by trapping his hand against the rail to get the stroke to stop.

I tried it and almost broke my friggin hand lmao. I started thinking about it and started placing the tip at the ball and my hand at my chest and used it to stop(FYI its MUCH easier this way lol)....so my dear hand would suffer no more punishment(my left hand was pretty upset with me:p) It wasn't till a few years later I saw Stephano Pelinga do it with a BIG leather wrap around his hand, and I just laughed my butt off.....I bet he jacked up his hand too lol so he called in protection:smile: Up in tulsa we used to bet that shot ever so often by way of level stroke only with a chalks distance pocket the OB and draw the CB back to the rail about 7/8ft, bust the fish up with it...then snap it an make it look easy. Have to admit I never thought about replacing the Punch Poke wanna be stroke(PPWS lol) with that technique tho.

I ended up using that as my starting point when I was trying to develop a slip stroke, I never could get the slip stroke to work for me at very well and havent tried it in a very long time.

What do you guys really think about the slip stroke anyways? I don't care if its pretty(it is)...i mean functionally.

Thats a large reason why I would like to get certified SPF/BCA there are many things that I do, or have found but don't know what its called or even if anyone used it or knew it as most I stumbled upon just using a table as my think tank. I do that still offshore, I know what something does but dont know the friggin name and it gives me problems when trying to communicate with co-workers.....and the same problems come up when in a pool conversation, especially when trying to explain something with words alone. If your words don't match then thats a serious wrench in your spokes.

Last edited:

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dr. Dave...Yes, it is the 3rd technique, as Steve pointed out. We call it the "pierce factor", and it is VERY accurate, when used in conjunction with our numeric speed control process. This is taught as an XOP stroke in our Xpert Class.
With all of those fancy words, it must be good. :grin-square:

Regards,
Dave