Galveston $1,000,000.00 tournament

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there a list yet of confirmed pros attending that could be put out? I would only be attending as a spectator if I go. Thanks.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
With a $1,000,000.00 at stake, the amateurs and the professionals should be lining up to get a piece of this cake.

With over a million viewers it is a chance for every pool player to be a part of what may be THE MOST SPECTACULAR POOL EVENT OF THE DECADE.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biaQNZVVQUE
JoeyA

Save me a seat in the booth next to you big guy. I want at least one of our matches together saved for posterity. :rolleyes:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Is there a list yet of confirmed pros attending that could be put out? I would only be attending as a spectator if I go. Thanks.

Check out the video for some of the pros that are going for sure.

Sunday, September 20 is the FINALS for all of the tournaments except for the One Pocket tournament which ends on Thursday Sept. 17. Hope that helps.

JoeyA

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I am just curious as to how they plan on getting one million viewers?, I believe it is possible and wish them success with it but it will take a good amount of advertising. :smile:

JoeyA

Silver Member
Asia viewers and now.........................

I am just curious as to how they plan on getting one million viewers?, I believe it is possible and wish them success with it but it will take a good amount of advertising. :smile:

Currently Taylor Road Productions has already contracted the Galveston World Classic for 11 hours of televised programming to be broadcasted on ESPN Star throughout Asia, which boasts 40 million households in almost 60 countries. The U.S. distribution will be announced by Taylor Road Productions shortly. Please visit The Galveston World Classic web site for more details.

AND NOW...................July20, 2009
Taylor Road Productions, promoters of the Galveston World Classic, will be announcing a deal for U.S. distribution of televised programming for the event. The event will be held at Moody Gardens in Galveston, TX September 11-20, 2009 and features over $1,000,000 in prize money.

Klink

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joey I would rep you but

I would give you rep but I thought I would say it here instead.

Thank you for posting on this forum, and for always staying true to what you think is for the good of the pool playing community even when you know some people are going to disagree.

On second thought some rep is on its way.

JoeyA

Silver Member
I would give you rep but I thought I would say it here instead.

Thank you for posting on this forum, and for always staying true to what you think is for the good of the pool playing community even when you know some people are going to disagree.

On second thought some rep is on its way.

With comments like that, you never have to send me a single rep. Your comments meant the world to me.

Best Regards,
JoeyA

Cuaba

Livin Large
Silver Member
Looks good. I hope its the real deal.

Sorry I'll miss it, I'll be in Hawaii.

AuntyDan

/* Insert skill here */
Silver Member
My apoligies if this has already been answered in some RSS announcements, or chat session or something, but when did this event go from a $200,000 event (As it was originally promoted) to $1,000,000?

I had a look at the Payouts page and it appears that, assuming they had full fields for all the headline events the total payout is about $400,000. (Still a very nice payday BTW.)

The other thing I don't see on this page is any indication what happens if there are less than full fields. Does the added money stay the same, so the total prizes go down, or are the added funds increased to guarantee the same prize payouts that are in the chart?

I won't bother asking how the added funds are being guaranteed, because if Jose Parica (Assuming it is a real post) doesn't rate a public answer to that question I'm sure a humble hack like me won't merit a better response.

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
a million dollars?

I wonder who is putting up the added prize money? What amount is really guaranteed?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With a $1,000,000.00 at stake, the amateurs and the professionals should be lining up to get a piece of this cake.

With over a million viewers it is a chance for every pool player to be a part of what may be THE MOST SPECTACULAR POOL EVENT OF THE DECADE.
JoeyA

Very cool. But just curious: how does the math happen? It goes by quickly on the video, but they say something about guaranteed prize money. I think I counted $175K in first place monies -- soooo, does that mean the udder $825K is also guaranteed? And what does guaranteed mean anyway? Is a million in escrow at a bank somewhere? Is any of it in escrow?

And, as I think Lenny asks downstream, it would also be good to know who has paid their entry, to date. Or at least how many are paid, since they're advertising "hundreds" of players competing.

Lou Figueroa
just askin'

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
The only thing I have heard about this from players was in Olathe last week. Most were arguing on the vagueness of what is an amateur player.

And there was concern that the IPT is involved. Makes me wonder now with the superfluous advertising if the IPT was involved from the get go and this is really their baby.

Last edited:

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
The only thing I have heard about this from players was in Olathe last week. Most were arguing on the vagueness of what is an amateur player.

And there was concern that the IPT is involved. Makes me wonder now with the superfluous advertising if the IPT was involved from the get go and this is really their baby.

When watching the video the first thing that hit me was that it was taped during IPT-tournaments. (at 1:08, and the intro with Hohmann)

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

JoeyA

Joey, I just watched the video. Very impressive but the hype appears a bit over inflated. Where does the million come from? It does sound a little too much like the old IPT hype. I hope they are not paying in IPT dollars. :rolleyes:

Matt90

Trust the Process
Silver Member
too bad

Currently Taylor Road Productions has already contracted the Galveston World Classic for 11 hours of televised programming to be broadcasted on ESPN Star throughout Asia, which boasts 40 million households in almost 60 countries. The U.S. distribution will be announced by Taylor Road Productions shortly. Please visit The Galveston World Classic web site for more details.

AND NOW...................July20, 2009
Taylor Road Productions, promoters of the Galveston World Classic, will be announcing a deal for U.S. distribution of televised programming for the event. The event will be held at Moody Gardens in Galveston, TX September 11-20, 2009 and features over $1,000,000 in prize money.

I threw away 3 big sat. dishes that would get shows from all over
the world .Youre post made me realize if I kept one I could watch
some good pool from asia and europe .......oh well

Also I believe some of that video is from the IPT at least
the shot with the guys with the hands on the big trophy . Not casting
any doubt ,looks good, I just have a good memory when it comes to
video .

Last edited: