A New Cue Maker On The Block, QB Custom Cues

HardBall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Once QB Custom Cues, owned by Ken ?Q-Ball? Thiemann and A.J. Heuther, become known to players outside of the St. Louis area I believe they will have a hard time keeping up with customer orders. Their designs are stunning. Their craftsmanship is outstanding. But most of all, their cues play great.

I just purchased this cue. My first impression is how light it feels in my hands. It weighs 19 ounces with either shaft. I think it feels lighter because it so well balanced. Hit is hard to describe. I can say that this QB cue hits like my Verl Horn cue and cue maker Jim Buss was very impressed with the hit of the Horn.

Playing with the cue I have a sense of greater finesse than with most other cues in my collection. It provides good feedback. That translates to the perception of more precision. There must be something to this. I made 38 out of 40 possible balls in a bar box 8 Ball league my first time out with it.

QB Custom Cues currently makes only one-of-a-kind cues. You can contact Ken on these forums. He uses QB Custom Cues as his alias. You can also contact him at 636-485-4354 or q.ball.1@hotmail.com. Another example of their work here:http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=102639

About this cue:
The cue has a Tulip forearm with 6 v-bottom points of Ebony, three high and three low. Inside the high Ebony points are inlaid Ivory points. In the low Ebony points are Cocobolo & Ivory inlaid points. The butt sleeve is Ebony with 3 Tulip & Ivory inlaid scroll's alternated with 3 Ivory scrolls. Below the points and above & below the scroll's are inlaid Cocobolo butterflies. QB Custom Cue?s trademark MOP Dot is centered in the butt cap. The handle is a brown leather wrap. The joint is a sleeved stainless with a radial pin. Below the joint is an Ebony with Nickel Silver ring. The 2 shafts are 12 3/4 mm with LBM ferrules, medium Moori tips, and matching Nickel Silver ring.

343627750_inEdw-X2.jpg

Last edited:

pfduser

GRABBER GT
Silver Member
I know we have had bad words thru pm,but man I had to post on this thread and say what a nice you you have there,very nice!

lenoxmjs

Brazilian Rosewood Fan
Silver Member
Very nice cue . I agree with Dank though The Sharpie Has got to go. It brings the whole cue down.

What is the pricing like?

patrickcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thats not a sharpie it is a Micro fine pin for doing signatures. Q-ball and AJ build some really good cues.

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
I really like the design of this cue. It's different and it looks great........

James

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
QB Custom Cues said:
This cue sells for $ 1800.00
I have a suggestion about this cue. I would like the look of the cue better if it had a shorter rubber bumper like Schon or Mottey cues. It's just an opinion of mine.

James

Evelyn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BEAUTIFUL Cue. Q Ball and A.J. make a great product. They became
sponsors on our Midwest 9-Ball Tour this year. The sponsor cues they
have given me not only look good they play great. The room owners
that received the cues are very happy with them.

If you get a chance, hit a few balls with one of them.

Evelyn Dysart
Midwest 9-Ball Tour

QB Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Evelyn, Thank you for your support. It's been an honor to be a sponsor on one of the hottest tours in the country.
... Q-BALL ...
QB Custom Cues

bellforest

Bell Forest Products
Silver Member
I am no expert, but to me, that cue is amazing. The detail in that butt sleeve is insane. The colors in the different woods go together perfectly. The points appear to be crisp and clean and the detail matches very well with the butt cap. The art and workmanship looks exquisite.

HardBall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I definitely agree Bellforest. I wish I could take better pictures. As many people say, the cue looks a lot better in person. (and it plays good too :smile: )

QB Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you Bell Forest (Eric) for your positive feed on our cue. Due to the awesome wood that we have purchased through you, is a contributing factor in the look of this cue and all others that we build.
... Q-BALL ...
QB Custom Cues