Mike Massey by Meucci Pool Cue

BigRigTom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am still trying to get information on the "Mike Massey by Meucci" pool cue a fried purchased on EBay.

I posted a tread on here a while back but got very little response, here is a link to that original thread if anyone cares to see the pictures.

Need Help Id'ing a "Mike Massey by Meucci" poo cue

I wrote to Mike Massey and also to Meucci directly via their email addresses but so far neither of them have responded.

Appreciate anyone insite on this cue. It looks pretty old like maybe 1970 to 1980's somewhere and it really does play great!

Gregg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I'm not mistaken, this is no less than your third thread on this exact subject and cue.

If you keep asking the same thing, your "friend" is going to get the same response.

What more information specifically are you looking for? Maybe someone will seem to be more forthcoming, if you know what I mean.

Subsonic2u

No wonder I can't shoot
Silver Member
In the 70s and 80s Meucci had a series to commerate many of the pool greats. Including Mike Massey, Earl Strickland, Mike Seigle, Larry Hubbart, Jim Rempe, Buddy Hall, David Howard, etc. Some had one model with their name and others had many. The Q u have with the name Mike Massey is the same as the model 80-2 and 84-2 as seen in the links below. The model was started in the late 70s and ran thru the 80s. Yours has the older style rubber bumper indicating it is from the late 70s. Depending upon condition, it's value would run from a lo of 250 to a hi of 375+-. Back then, I'm told that more pros shot with Meucci cues than all other cues put together. :eek: I do know that Mike Massey used Meucci cues then. If u are thinking that this was Mike's personal Q, I doubt it. Many were made. Are there any specific questions?

The most rare and famous of the "signature" cues is probably the Earl Strickland "Frog" cue. Very unique and rare. I am fortunate to have one in my collection and hope to someday get Earl to autograph it.

http://www.budgetcues.com/archive/meucci-80-series.htm
http://www.budgetcues.com/archive/meucci-84-series.htm
Charlie

Last edited:

Jack Flanagan

P. T. Barnum was right !
Silver Member
call Meucci Cues, you will get even less of a response.......:rolleyes:

haven't tried to call them in a while, but have never gotten an answer out of them..... j

BigRigTom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Subsonic2u said:
In the 70s and 80s Meucci had a series to commerate many of the pool greats. Including Mike Massey, Earl Strickland, Mike Seigle, Larry Hubbart, Jim Rempe, Buddy Hall, David Howard, etc. Some had one model with their name and others had many. The Q u have with the name Mike Massey is the same as the model 80-2 and 84-2 as seen in the links below. The model was started in the late 70s and ran thru the 80s. Yours has the older style rubber bumper indicating it is from the late 70s. Depending upon condition, it's value would run from a lo of 250 to a hi of 375+-. Back then, I'm told that more pros shot with Meucci cues than all other cues put together. :eek: I do know that Mike Massey used Meucci cues then. If u are thinking that this was Mike's personal Q, I doubt it. Many were made. Are there any specific questions?

The most rare and famous of the "signature" cues is probably the Earl Strickland "Frog" cue. Very unique and rare. I am fortunate to have one in my collection and hope to someday get Earl to autograph it.

http://www.budgetcues.com/archive/meucci-80-series.htm
http://www.budgetcues.com/archive/meucci-84-series.htm
Charlie

This is exactly the kind of info I was looking for.
Thank you ever so much.
As for the other poster's asking if I have a specific question the answer is NO!
I wasn't even sure what questions to ask to get the above info, as lease you have the intelligence to respond with the exact answers anyway. My friend is NOT looking to sell the cue, he merely wants to know and understand what a jewel he has and be able to confidently bragg about those qualities and attributes.
My friend and I truly appreciate your knowledge and you willingness to share it.
Maybe someday I will be able to do as even close to as much for someone else.

Last edited: