Ponytail

...it's about consistency
Silver Member
I don't see an issue with it, if you're single and don't have a live in GF.

At least any girl that starts getting serious about you will know what she's getting into, which will be a good thing for you down the line.

LWW

MEMGO5
Silver Member
It's your house ... who cares what you do with it.

If you want to affix a pool table to the ceiling I think you should be allowed.

LWW

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Once upon a time, a guy asked a beautiful girl "Will you marry me?" The girl said, 'NO!'

And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles, played POOL in the Living Room, went fishing and hunting, played golf a lot, drank beer and scotch, had tons of money in the bank, left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.

The End

Big Perm

1pkt 14.1 8 Banks 9 10
Silver Member
John, DO IT :D

Did the same thing when I was your age.......had the house to myself, put the table on one end of the living room, basically turned the whole space into a game room with a couple of couches, couple of chairs, a big tv, and a pool table.....it was the best....

For the ladies, just put in a hot tub just off the back patio.....oh, and a little privacy fence around it :D

Beware_of_Dawg

Silver Member
Me thinks you may have already made a decision and you are fishing for confirmation that you made the right (and no brainer) choice. lol.

If you haven't already, Buy the table. in a few months, wrestle with the "why didn't I do this sooner?" question.

Congratulations!!! This is great news for you!!! So,, have you picked out a name for it? Do you know what color you will paint your new babies room? WHat color felt are you going to dress it in when you bring it home?? Very exciting indeed, a new family member!

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
Current fire code says you cannot have a 9' pool table in your living room. Also, it states you cannot drink beer while playing on your table if it were to be in the living room. I believe there is a large fine if you are caught with a table in the middle of your living room. I would contact the current Sherrifs Dept and turn yourself in IMMEDIATELY for even having such thoughts....Shame on you!:D

TSW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You live alone in a three-bedroom house? That means you have two spare bedrooms -- enough room for a 9-foot AND either a snooker table or a 3-cushion table. What are you waiting for?!

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
If I had a pool table in my living room...I'd never leave the house!

My house is tiny....seriously, like 750 sq ft. There is no way I can put a table in if I wanted too...and I want to! So, instead, we added a 2nd floor to the shop and put it in there. The shop is about 50 ft from the house...so it's not a big deal to go out and play...and we do...but having it in the house would have made both of us happier.

There is something to be said for being able to play in your pajamas!!!

Lisa

Perk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably should go ahead and buy it now and get it all setup. That way when you get the livin GF she will have a spot for the laundry to sit on.

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
Some years back we were looking into buying a larger house. I had a 1000 sq ft ranch and a 9 table in the basement. The new house was 2000 sq ft but the way it was laid out the table woudn't fit inot the basement. Guess where the only place the table would fit. In the living room. My wife was fine with that. Didn't buy the house because of a few other issues.

There are no "rules" on where you put anything. A friend of ours made their living room into the master bedroom after the kids moved out because they wanted a large bedroom. The living room was basically wasted space because they always used the family room.

9 on the snap

Budweiser fears me
Silver Member
I have had a Gold Crown IV with the matching light in my livingroom for four years, and it was the best thing I ever did. The second best thing was the draft Budweiser in the kitchen. My girlfriend who lives with me is not crazy about it, but she knows it is not going anywhere, and neither is the draft beer, as they both get plenty of use. For Christmas we had our families over for dinner, and we all ate off the pool table, as we don't have a dining room table. You can easily fit 12 people around a 9ft gold crown. After dinner I took the cover off and played $5 9ball with her brothers, and cleaned them out! It was a Merry Chrismas in:grin:deed.

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
By all means John ''Do it''. Nothing wrong with having a pool table in your living room.
Like you said if down the road you have a family, you`ll need a bigger house anyways.
The best thing about this is you get to take lots of pics of your table & post them on this site. By the way I wish you a safe trip home & please post pics of your ''new man cave'' wants its finished.
Jeff

DMTY

Gone Fishin
Silver Member
I wanted to do something similar, the townhouse I live in is 2 bedroom, I was going to put a table in the living room and make the larger bedroom the TV room. Unfortunately the 1st floor unit wasn't available so that dream never happened.

I do have a question though, do you think the sound of a break would be too loud?

The units aren't extremely sound proof, but for the most part I don't hear my neighbors. The only time is when they bang on the walls or babies screaming, and I'm in the adjacent room.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Hey Folks, I'm coming home soon and it has always been a dream of mine to have a pool table in my house. I have a nice 3 bedroom ranch house in Texas and the only way for me to have a pool table is to partially convert the garage. Besides the cost of doing this I REALLY do not want to give up my garage nor do I care to accumulate more debt by putting an addition onto the house.

Orrrrrr I can put a nice 9 footer in the living room? I am 26 and single. Right now it would not be a problem. Obviously later when I have a family we would move to a bigger house anyway. In your opinion is this too tacky or bachelor esque'? I could easily turn either the master bedroom or one of the spare bedrooms into the new "living room". This would only be temporary until I move to a bigger house in the future.

Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, John

John,

For sure, do it.

Then when you bring a girl over, and she asks about the table, just show her a picture of the darling cocker spaniel and tell her "little Morty used to curl up and sleep on the table every night right there. When he passed on, I just didn't have the heart to get rid of it. "

Well-up with tears, turn on the some music, open a bottle of Chardonnay, and prepare yourself for a very nice evening.

Chris

Attachments

• cocker.jpg
    cocker.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 2,812

markpatrick

Cardinals
Silver Member
Do it

Hey Folks, I'm coming home soon and it has always been a dream of mine to have a pool table in my house. I have a nice 3 bedroom ranch house in Texas and the only way for me to have a pool table is to partially convert the garage. Besides the cost of doing this I REALLY do not want to give up my garage nor do I care to accumulate more debt by putting an addition onto the house.

Orrrrrr I can put a nice 9 footer in the living room? I am 26 and single. Right now it would not be a problem. Obviously later when I have a family we would move to a bigger house anyway. In your opinion is this too tacky or bachelor esque'? I could easily turn either the master bedroom or one of the spare bedrooms into the new "living room". This would only be temporary until I move to a bigger house in the future.

Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, John

If you have the chance. DO IT.
Later when you get married? You might as well forget about doing this.
I have a 2 car garage, and it gets cold out there in the winter and hot in the Summer, regardless of what type of device you use to make it climate controlled.

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
Current fire code says you cannot have a 9' pool table in your living room. Also, it states you cannot drink beer while playing on your table if it were to be in the living room. I believe there is a large fine if you are caught with a table in the middle of your living room. I would contact the current Sherrifs Dept and turn yourself in IMMEDIATELY for even having such thoughts....Shame on you!:D

Must be a Okie thing.

Ridewiththewind, get real 750sq feet. In Texas we call that an out house.

When I was younger and single I had a pool table in the living room. Great place for it.

Larry