What is the best cue for the money

2002stallion

Registered
As you all probally know already im.in the cue market what do yall prefer money doesnt matter but please be reasonable whos gonna play with a $10k dollar pool c:cool:ue thanks i really like tuxedo cues and if your selling something pm or txt me pics and price 843 457 4505

angldemn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You might get more responses in the wanted/for sale section.

There are a lot of good cues out there, I don't think you'll have any trouble finding one. Pechauers are solid and well regarded, and I have a very fancy one for sell like this.

http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/cues/pechauer/pechauer_pool_cue_pr13-crown.htm

I'll sell it for $465 shipped with custom joint protectors by Jim Baxter and an Anwar low deflection shaft.

Here's some more info on Pechauers.
http://www.pechauer.com/article.php?article_id=5

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A $30 cue is a lot more cost effective than a $3000 cue. The $3000 may play a little better but no where close to 100X better. That is, you will not miss 100X more often with the cheapo.

thefonz

It's not me...it's my ADD
Silver Member
money does matter

depends on why you're buying the cue and what your preferences are.
best cue for the money is subjective depending on who you talk to. personally i'd go big or go cheap, the market is a little slow, and there are some good deals out there, for collectability and cues holding their value, middle of the road cues from non HOF cuemakers priced 500-2K seem to be a little to volatile for me, unfortunately i live in a extremely small market, which makes it difficult for me to move product without taking a loss.

if you're buying new, stay away from production cues, you'll lose half your cash as soon as you start hitting balls with it. and your chances of it becoming a collectable is slim to none,

if you're looking for a fancy nice looking and playing cue, best bang for the dollar IMHO would be a JD custom. and his cues play great.

Al Bautista would fall under this category as well, but i've never played with one of his cues, and they're a little pricier.

the nice thing with cues like the above, is that they seem to hold their value fairly well, even in this crappy market due to the fact that you can't get another cue that looks as good, at that low of a price point.

if money is no object, you TRY and place an order with any of the HOF cuemakers, good luck though because you'll be waiting a while, but i'm sure it'll be well worth it.

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I was buying a cue right now I would get the 8 point fullsplice -R- cue that Kevin Brewer was selling (I don't even know if he still has it).

That cue is a great deal for the money. Wish I was looking for a cue.

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
There's an amazing deal on a Randy Mobley 4-ptr for $1100 in the WFS. Can't remember who's selling it, but I saw it yesterday. Extremely playable AND collectable!
:p

Last edited:

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member

Attend something like the SBE if you have a chance and try many cues and pick one that you like and within your budget. Anything else is like taking advice on what stock to buy. At one time GM was a can't miss blue chip and look what happened to those share owners.

If you are happy with it you will enjoy it more. Don't buy to please or impress anyone else. Very few players notice or care about the cue you play with.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member

Attend something like the SBE if you have a chance and try many cues and pick one that you like and within your budget. Anything else is like taking advice on what stock to buy. At one time GM was a can't miss blue chip and look what happened to those share owners.

If you are happy with it you will enjoy it more. Don't buy to please or impress anyone else. Very few players notice or care about the cue you play with.

Damned fine advice above. If you go to the SBE, be sure to check out Keith Josey's booth...love my Josey cue!

luke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The one that feels best and costs the least. You can always get a performance shaft for your favorite butt.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
I'd surely go for a custom Eddie Wheat.

Order now, and get a free Ginsu knife and $20 in Wheatbucks (redeemable at any FBI store for undercover services)! How can you go wrong?

;)