Raffles are no longer allowed on the site

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Can we start selling tickets????? Say 46 of them. You go in knowing you are just buying tickets.......and if the person who has the ticket that matches the powerball they could trade it for a cue or a case (if they want of course) or they could keep their ticket.

I mean you physically have to send the tickets to everyone. Hell, you could sign the tickets so really you are buying an autograph, and if your ticket just so happens to match the powerball then you could trade for a cue or case.

Just an idea.

Gary

Even better, how about selling ebooks or something...maybe an e-PM:) and one lucky buyer will win something? I know people have done this in the past.

jlrowe

Billiards,Boxing & Babes
Silver Member
Here is some info on raffles: a raffle is illegal if it constitutes a lottery. a lottery involves three elements a prize(s), chance and consideration. In order to deem it legal one of the elements has to be eliminated. Prize cannot be eliminated. Chance can but only by skill(and there are even gray areas on this one). Consideration is commonly eliminated by putting in the clause *"no purchase necessary". Another way to eliminate this is to award prizes to all participants (i.e. the participants are receiving something for their money) Hope this helps:thumbup:
Oh by the way, This does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. Why because im a gambling and raffle addict.:D

jlrowe

Billiards,Boxing & Babes
Silver Member
Wow! The Attorney General contacted AZ. I agree with Ross, e-books and downloadable software would be the best choice. Once you make your instructional manual or ever what it would be easy just wait and deliver the ebook or software by forwarding it to all the customers at once.

jaycast16

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is sad to know that there will be raffles anymore here on AZ...i am a huge fan of raffle and i have to admit i made a lot of money in raffles..let's decide which site will hold the raffle and let's this fun going again!

bklynjava

I use PK...UFIGUREITOUT
Silver Member
Each raffle holder will be paying for a digital copy of one of my apps.

ithemeit.gif

1. iThemeit
  2. Nunlock
  3. VistaJal
  4. MyiTones

See them here: http://noobforums.com :thumbup:

It's now a win win for everyone and legal.
:thumbup:

This kind of a system here on AZB would work to keep the raffles open. A digital copy of how to shoot a better game of pool. Type it up yourself and when the raffle is over everone gets a copy they paid for. DONE|:thumbup:

Here is some info on raffles: a raffle is illegal if it constitutes a lottery. a lottery involves three elements a prize(s), chance and consideration. In order to deem it legal one of the elements has to be eliminated. Prize cannot be eliminated. Chance can but only by skill(and there are even gray areas on this one). Consideration is commonly eliminated by putting in the clause *"no purchase necessary".Another way to eliminate this is to award prizes to all participants (i.e. the participants are receiving something for their money) Hope this helps:thumbup:
Oh by the way, This does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. Why because im a gambling and raffle addict.:D

Last edited:

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

ithemeit.gif

1. iThemeit
  2. Nunlock
  3. VistaJal
  4. MyiTones

See them here: http://noobforums.com :thumbup:

It's now a win win for everyone and legal.
:thumbup:

This kind of a system here on AZB would work to keep the raffles open. A digital copy of how to shoot a better game of pool. Type it up yourself and when the raffle is over everone gets a copy they paid for. DONE|:thumbup:

if something like this works that would be awesome.

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Mike,
Sorry to hear about it. If it is cuecomponents, then every one of his for sale threads should get a link to one of these posts about the raffles.

Second, let people run auction style sales. Change the category to auctions and let those types of sales be allowed. In this economy, probably a good incentive to sell/buy.

JV

jlrowe

Billiards,Boxing & Babes
Silver Member

bklynjava instead of using the word raffle on your site which would still could be questioned as a venue for possible illegal activity. Why not just list the section as E-books & Digital Software. Post a sticky that a seller if giving away a free item to one of their customers, each and everyone of the customers must receive the purchase or it will violate your terms of agreement. This way you should be protecting yourself and your posters from paypal restrictions.:thumbup:

Last edited:

bklynjava

I use PK...UFIGUREITOUT
Silver Member

bklynjava instead of using the word raffle on your site which would still could be questioned as a venue for possible illegal activity. Why not just list the section as E-books & Digital Software. Post a sticky that a seller if giving away a free item to one of their customers, each and everyone of the customers must receive the purchase or it will violate your terms of agreement. This way you should be protecting yourself and your posters from paypal restrictions.:thumbup:

Yeah I agree and will make the changes as soon as members start setting up raffles which will not be raffles but called potluck for their purchases there will be 46 pot luck numbers and everyone can buy a digital item and 1 pot luck number gets the potluck item with their purchase.

jlrowe

Billiards,Boxing & Babes
Silver Member
BkylnJava has put a lot of effort into this. Great job! Looks great! I like the familiarity of the vBullentin and the added protection offered by BkylnJava. I think that both sites should be kept up as an option. Because of the work that went into making it happen. It would be a shame for a person to have to do all this work for nothing. What may work better for one person may not for another.

Last edited:

Wolven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The cueComponents guy is clearly an asshole and a low life.
So, is everyone going to boycott CueComponents?
Will he be banned from being on AZ?

XPLAYHARDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
???

I'm not sure who cuecomponants is but what was the motivation to want the raffles stopped??? I enjoyed the option although i still have my raffle cherry. Wish i could have broken it with the hercks choice raffle.

createatks

Focus on RAFFLE
Silver Member
awww

Man! Its really a bad news for me. I love Raffle since i starts to join this forum. All the things here are fun and great. F*** for whoever report it or do harm to this raffle forum.

However Thanks guys for the fun until it ends here...

Ricky

jemerson23

Shoot to Thrill
Silver Member
raffle poll is over, LP custom Cues site was chosen by a majority vote.

So AZ members have a new option for their raffles.

Lee's site is advertisement free so no worries here about data tracking or third party software.

http://lpcustomcue.com/fr_billiardsforum

Already a few raffles in progress.

Hopefully this will keep the raffles as popular as they were before the unforseen circumstances presented themselves.

Jon

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
While I could care less about the raffles, the reality is that unless being run by a certified (through the originating state treasurer) non-profit, raffles are considered a game of chance and therefore gambling, and unlicensed gambling is illegal.

What is making the situation for the raffles worse is that the items being raffled, more often than not, are a money making venture for those holding the raffle. You can not make a profit from a raffle.

The true spirit of the raffle is gone anyways....as they were originally intended as a way to raise cash for a charity or non-profit, and not as a means to sell in an alternative fashion all while booking a profit.

I, personally, tend to shy away from illegal activities.

Lisa

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Buddy,
The jerk that opened his mouth is still selling on AZ... Unfortunately...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should see the crap he started with me.. I have a good mind to post the e-mails on all HIS threads.

JV