Bumping threads

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where does my credibility come from? First of all, I am not the one trying to change the forum. However, you can check out my iTrader and reputation, if you like.

Total Posts

Reputation Received
1818423549 point(s) total

Feedback Score: 100.0%

Positive Feedback: 540
Total positive feedback: 898

Members who left positive: 540
Members who left negative: 0

I mean, these are just numbers, but feel free to ask the members with whom I have dealt in the past.

.....and just because one member's opinion differs from yours STILL does not make it horrible...Deal with your own bias.

Joe

So my question still stands... Where does your credibility come from? Who are you to question the credibility of others? I seem to have upset you and I apologize, but you should heed your own advice.

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So my question still stands... Where does your credibility come from? Who are you to question the credibility of others? I seem to have upset you and I apologize, but you should heed your own advice.

Apology accepted, but another person's opinion is never "horrible".

If those in charge are to weigh the merits (or lack of) opinions offered, they need to look at all of them, and they all have value. Just because you may feel strongly about your ideas and opinions does not mean that everyone else shares your feeling for them.

The main thing to remember here is that AZB is not a Democracy. It has gotten to the top of the totem pole without all our advise and opinions, though freely offered, having been followed.

In this occasion, they have asked for the member's opinions as to changes on-going. No bullying or name-calling, please.

Joe

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
IMO

Wanted / sales threads should only be capable of being posted / replied to by OP.

Original post should be free,
Bumps, regardless of how many should be sold for 1$ via Paypal.

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hay!

IMO

Wanted / sales threads should only be capable of being posted / replied to by OP.

Lets go with that. I don't have paypal. Glad my check is good. Only the OP can bump and $1 a shot to bump.
Most Cues are searched by builder. If you don't advertise what is in demand your thread bumping will produce the same result as no bumps at all.

Seriously having a forum rule like the op can only bump and pay for the bump is Brilliant,
Nick :)

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
IMO

This is how another forum is set up. The. OP can only bump his own thread after 48 hours and no one can post in it. This certain for sale section charged $5 per thread created.

There is also a place to sell items for a charge of 10 bucks to the seller to post there. If the item doesn't sell within a certain amount of time it is removed and can be reposted for the $10 charge.

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMO

Some of us do not use PayPal, myself included.
Also, basically, people that can afford it, will bump and bump and bump.
What about guys that can not afford it or do not want to pay $1/bump on top of Gold membership?
And lastly, should not Gold membership come with fee bumps or at least with some free bumps.

itzel0101

buyselltradecues
Gold Member
Silver Member
This will fix the problem

To resolve the Over bumping ... and the First page Lovers, it should definitely be charged thru PayPal a small fee...

$3.00 to Post and $1.00 to bump every 48 hours only... can only be bumped by the OP

if you make a little or a lot on AZ, pay for the Great Service...
that is my opinion ...

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
IMO

I think this would be fine, but I think other people should be able to post on your threads, but not make it bump the thread.

The one item, in my opinion, that was lost back when the 48hr rule and the fear of being banned for it went into effect, was the discussion that went on on a thread.

People should be able to ask questions, state they like the cue, etc, but only the OP's 48hr bump should cause the thread to be bumped to the top. If there is a charge for that, fine...that would CERTAINLY slow down the bumpage.

One thing you have to admit...AZB is ahead of its time. Most sites are trying to get more action on their websites, and AZB is having to slow their action down.

Joe

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
I would love a series of photo galleries.

Shop via a scroll of pictures. Plus would love some additional sort and search functions.

Kd

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Confused..

Bumping creates Action, and a constant new look to page 1..

I'm CONSTANTLY checking out Azb Wanted/For Sale 6-8 times a day easily..
I'm sure a lot of guys that have the freedom do also...

The whole idea of the forum is exposure..
Getting people to come back, or stay logged on..

There was a time the Wanted/For Sale section Page 1 would turn in 1-2 hours..
Hell I remember back in the day it could be 30-45 minutes.. There was A LOT of people
in the section PARTICIPATING!

Action creates Action (sales, movement, participation, $$$)

I'm looking at page 1, and it's 4:18 PM..
The very bottom thread on page 1 was posted at 8:45 AM..

That's over 7 hours of stagnant participation..
Pretty weak if I say so myself..

Who the hell wants to look at the same item on page 1 for 5,6-8 hours??

Why would the powers that be want a non moving wanted for sale section?
It makes zero sense..

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
People bumping threads by saying "That's a pretty cue!" is the whole reason we are in this predicament.

BigNBeefY

Just Stopping By
Silver Member
This seems like a big work around for something that would be pretty simple to fix...the main problem is that comments on a given topic bump the post to the top correct?...why? Why not create a button that only allows the creator of the topic to bump it to the top? Its not rocket science. A random comment such as "good lookin cue" shouldnt bring the entire cue economy to its knees. Bad structure yields bad results. Comments by anyone other than the creator should probably not alter the order of any thread...:confused:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Billiard Bills out did him ! Between the 2 they have the first page.

He has a lot of duplicate for sale ads posted in 48 hours, that is absolute bullsh*t.

The its George stamped cue was posted on 11/16 and today....

Sorry Bill but that I believe is against the rules, and if isn't it should be and if it is , they should all be deleted, and your right to post an ad suspended for 72 hours.

Same goes to the other genius.

THIS IS THE RULE...

DO NOT START ANY NEW THREADS FOR EXISTING ITEMS ALREADY FOR SALE.

If you attempt to bypass the rules in this way, your threads will be deleted, you will be warned and if it happens after that.....a lengthy ban.

I am sorry these guys broke the rule MULTIPLE TIMES TODAY... all the threads should be gone at a MINIMUM....

Billiardbills and Rush72, time to play whack a mole...

JV

Last edited:

CueAddict81

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I check the for sale section every couple hours using Tapatalk, and that doesn't show bumps. No bueno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk